PDA

View Full Version : NAA Black powder 22

magdump
12-09-2021, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have any experiance with one of these handguns?

pietro
12-09-2021, 01:05 PM

Plenty, over on the NAA website/forum www.naaminis.com

Topwater
12-15-2021, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have any experiance with one of these handguns?

They’re awfully cute, and kind of fun. I got mine (1-1/8” barrel/.22LR frame size) back in the glory days of Cabela’s Bargain Cave, when there were bargains to be had. This one was definitely a “bargain,” or I wouldn’t have bought it.

I have big hands, and find that I REALLY have to watch the muzzle control. Probably more accurately, I need to watch my “finger control.”

It’s so small, that it’s easy to get a wayward finger close to the muzzle!

It’s a fun novelty, and I wouldn’t want to stand in front of it, but IMHO it’s kind of useless…

A repro .31 in either the 1849 Colt or 1863 Remington pattern is probably a much more practical firearm with which to scratch one’s “blackpowder mouse gun” itch.

Still, “Mine is smaller than yours!” :-P

Surculus
12-15-2021, 06:44 PM
Get the Super Companion [BP model built on the 22WMR frame/cylinder size] over the Companion [22lr based BP version.] BP takes up so much more volume than smokeless that you'll want the added powder space if you hope to "project any authoritay" w/ the thing... Hopefully, NAA will run off another batch soon; their BP offerings have been sold out pretty much everywhere since before the Wuhan plague came along & inspired even more panic buying...

magdump
12-16-2021, 06:41 AM
Been sick with a cold, havent checked this thread. Thanks for checking in all. I think I will wait for the BP one.
It would be a gift for the GF.