PDA

View Full Version : pedersoli howdah 20 guage pistol

milltownhunter
01-15-2009, 07:38 PM
has anybody heard if you can shoot 20 guage rifle slugs in this pistol? i heard that you can shoot buck shot bird shot and a single round ball looks like gun to have alot of fun with plus would a good back up when hunting bears does anybody know of a good quality 20 guage round ball mold?

freedom475
01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
I tried the Foster Slug in mine and had no luck with it. It would begin to tumble just out of the barrel.

I did experiment a little with some wool blanket strips glued into the hollow bases and this did work to stableize the slugs but it caused velocity to fade off Real fast. It was kind of cool cause you could see them flying at about 80yrds, and the trajectory was really starting to rainbow.:mrgreen:

I use the Lee .600 RB mould. I got a good one as it makes a real nice, round, ball.

It is a little small, and I think a .610 would be better. I can thumb start the .600 with a light cotton t-shirt for a patch and the patches still hold up so it is pretty handy. If I use Heavy pillow ticking the balls fit real tight but I don't see much difference in preformance.