PDA

View Full Version : Gunbroker account locked

Shawlerbrook
12-08-2021, 06:53 PM
Been a member for over 10 and have a perfect feedback history. Tried to update my credit card on file( same card number, just new expiration date and security code) and got a message that my account was locked for review, which can take 48 hours. Been 3 days and I cannot get a response. Now it’s saving me $$, but I figured on a after Christmas present for me . Any suggestions ?

myg30
12-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Is it possible it’s a Location thing ?? ( NY) Maybe some others on here can offer advice.
I use gun broker as a price check and reference. Bought brass on there several years ago but no other activity.
Good luck and maybe they get it fixed fer Christmas !

Mike

zarrinvz24
12-09-2021, 11:10 AM
These days, I no longer purchase on Gunbroker. The chances of finding a decent deal are next to nil, there is no protection afforded to the buyer, because there are multiple cases of fraud, shill bidding and fake auctions reported to their staff and no action taken. The addition of state taxes was a death blow for them to me. I'd rather work with individuals and call gunshops on an individual basis and work a deal out like how we used to in the old days. To each their own.

oldhenry
12-11-2021, 12:07 PM
I had a similar experience. In my case they questioned that I was who I am. I sent photos of my driver's license & a photo of myself standing in front of my mail box with the address visible (I'm on a rural route) holding my driver's license toward the camera. It took a while, but they finally accepted that I am who I said I was.

The problem with GB is they are run by computers & very few humans.