PDA

View Full Version : CWD close to Louisiana

Hossfly
12-04-2021, 11:13 AM
CWD in deer located in Union county Arkansas. 1 deer positive for CWD, (chronic waisting disease) was found in near by county connected to Union Parish La. LDWF has ruled for 2 parishes to stop deer feeders in Union and Morehouse parish starting Dec,6. To stop deer from congregating and spreading the disease.

I was wondering why La. Had escaped this all these years , while being surrounded by 3 states that had it. Texas, Mississippi, and Arkansas.

SSGOldfart
12-04-2021, 12:05 PM
Texas has it but it's mostly far western Texas,I hunt in the south west part of Texas and we don't have the testing requirements some just North of us have, not yet anyhow[smilie=f:[smilie=1:[smilie=1:

Thundarstick
12-04-2021, 02:54 PM
We have had positive deer harvested in the county next to us. I live only about 600 yards from the county line and the deer pay no attention to the county boundaries, so I figure it's in my county as well, they just haven't tested the rite deer yet! Thin them out some how for God sake!

funnyjim014
12-05-2021, 10:37 AM
We have it in NY for a while. Not by me but mid state. From what I hear it's transferred threw spit. We're not aloud to feed or bait deer . I would suspect any place that has the feeders would cause it spread fast

Thundarstick
12-05-2021, 03:19 PM
I've become very leary of eating the meat from deer for this reason. CJD is a terrible disease to die from, and I'm not sure I'm willing to risk consuming an infected animal.

lightman
12-05-2021, 06:11 PM
I hunt in South Arkansas. This is disturbing news.