PDA

View Full Version : Uberti SAA sights

hawkeye1
12-01-2021, 10:35 PM
I have a couple Uberti SAA revolvers. The front sight post on both are tapered. Is this the case on all Uberti's? Cimarron SAA too? I would prefer a flat top sight.

Walks
12-01-2021, 11:05 PM
They are copies of original Colts, which had tapered front sights.
Individual Importers such as Cimarron do have variations that have a square front sight.

txbirdman
12-01-2021, 11:14 PM
Cimmaron’s Evil Roy model has wider/thicker front sight and squared off rear sight

Outpost75
12-01-2021, 11:33 PM
On every Pietta or Uberti I have, six in total, every one needed to have the front reduced in height or thinned slightly on one side to zero so that point of aim coincided with point of impact. You can end up with a flat top and square notch if you cut it that way. On several I milled the rear sight notch from a V to square notch when slight thinning of the front blade was not adequate to accomplish the needed correction. Once done, the are accurate, rugged and reliable field guns. I have .357 Mag., .44-40 and .45 Colt, including an extra, .45 ACP cylinder for the .45 Colt.

With fixed sight revolvers you must standardize on one bullet weight, but once tweaked either mild cowboy loads or full charge will shoot to the same sights.