PDA

View Full Version : Price of primers in your parts????

abunaitoo
12-01-2021, 03:42 AM
Haven't had to buy primers for a long time.
But I've heard they are hard to find, and cost an arm and a leg.
So what is the price of primers in your parts????

armoredman
12-01-2021, 03:48 AM
During nthe brief shining moment that CAL Ranch had primers, they were $5.99 per 100. I bought what I could. Haven't seen any more in some time.

kevin c
12-01-2021, 04:47 AM
Action pistol shooters (actually, all members) at my club get a members only deal: Winchester Small Pistol at $75 per thousand. Limit 1K/month.

It used to be 1K a week for a lower price, but some folks abused the privilege to buy more than what they typically use and would flip the excess at a substantial mark up. The club ran through a seven figure stockpile in short order. The new limit and price has cut down on attempted hoarding and flipping at gouger markups and will make the hard to get restock go further for more members.

Idaho45guy
12-01-2021, 04:55 AM
No idea; haven't seen them available for over a year. My FFL has a little shop attached to his house and has 2 cases of CCI small rifle primers that some local guy brought in to scalp. They are $100 per 1000.

JimB..
12-01-2021, 05:18 AM
SPP are selling for $100-125/k
Others about $75/k

Gewehr-Guy
12-01-2021, 06:18 AM
A local farm supply store had 3 hundred SR @ 6.99 a box. And one pound of 700x. I left the primers for the next guy.

zarrinvz24
12-01-2021, 08:53 AM
SPP are selling for $100-125/k
Others about $75/k

That seems to be about average. Last time I saw some locally they were $10 per 100, plus tax. Brownells had some about a week ago, I got some CCI 41's for $94 per 1k, and CCI SPP were 200 for 2k, w/ a $75 Brownells gift card. Not too bad, and I've been running very low so it was nice to replenish the stock for a bit. That should last me several years.

Shepherd2
12-01-2021, 09:28 AM
The last time I saw any for sale was in mid October at a gun show. They were SPP and the price was $150/1000.

Froogal
12-01-2021, 10:25 AM
$80 per thousand from about 3 different on-line sellers. None of the local gun shops carry reloading components. Never did.

Soundguy
12-01-2021, 10:50 AM
12 to 18 cents if you can find them.

Gator 45/70
12-01-2021, 10:53 AM
Bought my neighbor some SRP from a local store, About 81 bucks per 1k

Kraschenbirn
12-01-2021, 10:56 AM
What primers? Around here, there hasn't been any of those on retail shelves for well over a year. There were some appearing on local consignment auctions a few months back but those appear to have dried up, too. (Last lot I recall seeing on Bauer Bros. site was two bricks of W-W LPs that sold for almost $400)

Bill

jimlj
12-01-2021, 11:07 AM
I saw some a week or so ago ON THE SHELF for $81 per thousand. These were CCI SR bench rest primers. I didn't buy any and the next day they were all gone, so someone needed them more than I. I paid $60 for a thousand last spring and thought that was highway robbery. I guess I should have bought more.

RogerDat
12-01-2021, 11:11 AM
$9.99 a hundred at gun show last month. Haven't needed them so stopped looking. Figure I will hear when the prices drop to a more reasonable price. A price that will I'm guessing be in the $50 or up range for 1k box even after the dust settles.

Once the value exceeds the market price hoarding and scalping makes sense and just prolongs the scarcity.

G W Wade
12-01-2021, 11:19 AM
Had a laugh a while ago. Friend was in town from northern Minn. Local gun shop had a primer taped to the counter with a $10 price tag. His reply was at least you have primers! He passed a while ago. Damn I miss him GW

johnnybar
12-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Have 5,000 Cheddite 209's arriving tomorrow for $45/1,000 delivered to my door...so $4.50 per 100. I was already stocked up to the hilt on #11 caps, musket caps, and centerfire pistol/rifle primers. The gun shows a few years back and estate sales use to be great sources for this stuff. Today, not so much with a high percentage going way over current retail.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-01-2021, 11:56 AM
The LGS gets them in sporadically.
They got in 20K in August (LPP and SRP), they were priced at $69 per K, they sold out in 2 weeks.
They got in 10K in Sept (SPP), they were priced at $69 per K, they sold out in one day, They limited sales to 1K per customer. I was able to get 1K.
Last month, I heard the long time owners (20+ years) have sold the business, the transition in Jan 1 2022. I mention this, because I am wondering if they currently have any say over pricing?
They got another 10K in last week, priced at $92 per K. These are CCI SRPM.

That's what happening in Southern MN.

Budzilla 19
12-01-2021, 11:57 AM
I bought Fiocchi 616 shotshell primers for $58 tax and all, for a thousand,yesterday at the local shop. Might as well get a few more ,(can’t have too many,I guess).

Murphy
12-01-2021, 12:22 PM
There haven't been any primers on the shelves in either of the two shops in my area in quiet sometime now. I was in one of them yesterday and the owner told me he finally has some primers on the way, no mention as to how many though. I'm sure he'll be limiting how many per purchase once he has them on hand. The great thing about the shop that will be getting them in, is he isn't a gouger. The man is running a business though, so he has to make a profit. Also, he's taking care of the locals first to the best of his ability. We've had a major boom in tourism in our area the past 20 years and it keeps growing. I honestly don't know what he'll be asking when he has some in stock.

About the only thing I am certain of when it comes to primers. I don't think we'll see them again at pre pandemic/election prices again. .22 LR will fall into the same category, or so I believe.

Murphy

rbuck351
12-01-2021, 01:05 PM
I haven't seen any to price except at a local auction house that does a lot of estate sales. Prices there go about $100/$125 per thousand except for spp which go about $25 per thousand more.

I haven't bought any since the start of this mess but I'm 73 and have enough to keep me shooting at my rate for another 20 or 30 years.

beshears
12-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Graf and Sons retail store has small rifle at $99.99. I laid them down and walked out.

johnho
12-01-2021, 03:18 PM
Local sellers around NC and SC are asking from $75 to $125. Glad I bought a bunch years ago at $125 per case plus shipping and hazmat. Ah the good old days.

Beagle333
12-01-2021, 04:10 PM
12-14 cents, when I see them. And they go FAST.

abunaitoo
12-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Wow!!!!!!
Prices are crazy.
Someone is making a killing.

rockrat
12-01-2021, 10:47 PM
Farm and ranch store had some a few weeks ago. After tax, $7.60/100 limit 200. Local pawn shop had some rem 7.5's earlier in the year for $200/k Didn't buy any

deltaenterprizes
12-01-2021, 11:05 PM
I was told that the Academy in Slidell Louisiana had primers for $60k but I have not been down there for a while.
The one in Tyler Texas has the same price when they have them.

kevin c
12-02-2021, 01:30 AM
…Someone is making a killing.
Maybe, maybe not.

The club manager told me the wholesale price to the club, direct from the manufacturer, was the old, pre panic retail price. Keystoning, doubling the price anytime consumer goods change hands before they hit the retailer, is a common rule of thumb that covers cost of goods, business expenses and reasonable profit. My club’s price is in the ballpark, plus a bit more to discourage buying by potential scalpers.

The folks making big money are those selling primers they bought at prepanic prices. I don’t think most commercial component sellers currently have any stock bought at those prices. Some of the folks with offerings on GunBroker might, accounting for the pictures showing old style packaging.

lylejb
12-02-2021, 01:47 AM
One local shop gets a few in sporadically, varies from $5.99 to 8.99 a tray, limit 2 trays. They sell out same day.

35isit
12-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Found some in Cincinnati in early November. First I had seen in a year probably. Federal match primers $90.00 a thousand, regular $80.00. CCI BR4 $129.00, regular spp and lpp CCI $80.00. Told by my local guy before going $70.00-$80.00 a thousand will probably be new normal price. We'll see. Have a local travelling seller of shotgun supplies, Cheddite primers are $40.00 a thousand when he has them.

JoeJames
12-02-2021, 11:26 AM
Feller in the office across the alley from me started loading up to reload. I warned him this was not the best time to get into it. But anyhow about 4 months ago he called me because I had mentioned I was a bit short on Large Pistol primers. He'd been watching Brownells and Midway, etc, and noticed Brownells had LPP's for sale. He said $75 a carton, and I thought in a stupid moment "why not". I did not realize he had not ordered any other components like powder or primers to lessen the load. So $75 for a carton (of Federals - dern it) plus HAZMAT fee, plus internet sales tax - ended up costing me about $105.00 for a carton. Oh well, should last me a spell, and I sure ain't buying factory ammo anymore anyhow; haven't in years.

The moral of the story from my own bitter experience is to remember if you buy in a story you may not have to also cover the whole blasted HAZMAT fee.

Froogal
12-02-2021, 11:32 AM
Feller in the office across the alley from me started loading up to reload. I warned him this was not the best time to get into it. But anyhow about 4 months ago he called me because I had mentioned I was a bit short on Large Pistol primers. He'd been watching Brownells and Midway, etc, and noticed Brownells had LPP's for sale. He said $75 a carton, and I thought in a stupid moment "why not". I did not realize he had not ordered any other components like powder or primers to lessen the load. So $75 for a carton (of Federals - dern it) plus HAZMAT fee, plus internet sales tax - ended up costing me about $105.00 for a carton. Oh well, should last me a spell, and I sure ain't buying factory ammo anymore anyhow; haven't in years.

The moral of the story from my own bitter experience is to remember if you buy in a story you may not have to also cover the whole blasted HAZMAT fee.

Recently Midway had small pistol primers. Just under $80 for a brick. Limit ONE. NO powder available either to lessen the haz-mat, so yes, $105 for 1,000 primers.

grayscale
12-02-2021, 04:32 PM
Haven't seen any primers in months around here, but I learned my lesson in 2008. I'm ok for some time. Powder is showing up more frequently at Sportsman's. Price varies by location.

Gone_rabid
12-02-2021, 06:26 PM
Ive purchased cci srp #450 for $68/k and federal match spp for $73/k locally. It’s the only ones I’ve seen in a store.

Geezer in NH
12-04-2021, 05:06 PM
I have 1 gun shop within 50 miles of me now. They do not carry reloading supplies. So, no local priced primers. I sold out of my shop 10 + years ago and the two owners only sell online guns only.

The last time I bought primers was on auction by an auction house now closed. The sold at least 2 former gun shops supplies and one small 06 reloaders supply.

Over 3 auctions I bought over 200K of rifle & pistol primers and 100K shotgun primers. R&P averaged out to 8.24 per K including buyer's premium. The shotgun primers were at 4.75 per K. I sold the shotgun primers (years ago) and kept the rest. Still have lots for myself none for sale.

The auction house could not or would not ship primers so I took advantage of that. No idea what primers local outside 50 miles may sel for but I have never in over 50 years reloading bought ANY primers by the hundred.

Hodagtrapper
12-04-2021, 05:48 PM
Cheddite 209 primers (CX2000) at $6.50 per 100. Limit 5 packs per day.
Only primers I have seen within 40 miles in the last year.

Chris

Oyeboten
12-04-2021, 06:24 PM
None to be had in my area...( small Town, and less than none, in other near by small Towns...Lol...)

Hick
12-04-2021, 09:30 PM
I have a decent stock of most primers that I bought before the pandemic-- but no large pistol. I bought 1k Large Pistol a few days ago for 130 (13 cents per). This is 4 times what I paid in the past-- but still low enough that reloading saves me lots of money compared to store ammo prices. Personally, although I would like a much lower price, I understand the problem of the place I bought from. Its a small business - their overhead hasn't gone down but the the things they sell are not very available-- got to make up the overhead somewhere.

remy3424
12-04-2021, 10:42 PM
Everytime I see a thread like this, it just floors me folks can't buy a supply when the supply is available and prices are good. If folks refused to pay the current prices, they will come down...but it sounds like most don't seem to care....I guess I don't care either, just not buying at these current prices, they aren't coming down anytime some I can tell from this thread.

Stewbaby
12-04-2021, 10:46 PM
I’m stocked up myself, but As I’m out of state in Montana with work, I stopped in a gun store in Anaconda…They had large rifle primers for $145/1000…ouch.

mobilemail
12-04-2021, 11:12 PM
About two months ago I was able to buy 400 CCI SPP for 6.59/100. Today I was able to buy 2K CCI LPP for $80/1000. Those are the only primers I have been able to buy since before the pandemic started. Actually, I have found primers available for $$$, but I determined not to pay more than $80/1000.

Murphy
12-05-2021, 12:32 AM
I have a nephew who lives in Arizona. Today he attended The Crossroads 3-Day Phoenix Gun Show. To my understanding, it's always been 'the big one' for that part of the south west. He's always on the watch for good deals (aren't we all?) and primers are on the list. He got there at the start of the show and spent most of the day. He didn't say how many vendors were there, but one guy had 15-20K of various primers and was asking $200 per K. On his way out he passed by that same vendor, seems no one was buying at that price as the guy didn't appear to have sold any.

Murphy

LaPoint
12-05-2021, 12:34 AM
My wife & I each bought a sleeve of CCI #400 SRP for $5.99. Limit of one sleeve (100) per person per day. They also had CCI LRP #4 BR for $9.99/100. Labor day weekend I Checked out Scheel's in Mankato and the had at least 100 bricks of CCI #400 SRP for $59.99. I bought a sleeve and should've gone back the next day for another.

Idaho45guy
12-05-2021, 02:58 AM
I have a nephew who lives in Arizona. Today he attended The Crossroads 3-Day Phoenix Gun Show. To my understanding, it's always been 'the big one' for that part of the south west. He's always on the watch for good deals (aren't we all?) and primers are on the list. He got there at the start of the show and spent most of the day. He didn't say how many vendors were there, but one guy had 15-20K of various primers and was asking $200 per K. On his way out he passed by that same vendor, seems no one was buying at that price as the guy didn't appear to have sold any.

Murphy

Seems like the same story everywhere; people are asking ridiculous prices and nobody is buying. My folks are on their yearly trek down to Yuma, AZ from Idaho and are in Lake Havasu tonight. Dad said no primers on the entire trip down, so far.

Speaking with my contact at CCI, things are not getting better with a lack of materials and increasing costs on brass and other components. I stocked up in anticipation for a 2-year shortage. The owner of Buffalo Arms said he is predicting a 6-year shortage on primers at this point.

That is chilling... I am down to 2500 small pistol primers, but have 5000 large pistol primers. I am in the process of switching my EDC from a .40 S&W to a 10mm, which would double my supply of reloads.

FISH4BUGS
12-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Haven't had to buy primers for a long time.
But I've heard they are hard to find, and cost an arm and a leg.
So what is the price of primers in your parts????

As I recall $34.95/1000 for the 25,000 primers that I bought a year or more ago before the shortage started.
I learned my lesson last time around.
I saw they were available and so i stocked up,
Not all at once though.
I would buy a brick of 5000 about once a month.
Stock up, kids.
When they are there and relatively inexpensive, buy them

Baltimoreed
12-05-2021, 10:57 AM
Been swapping primers to get what I need. Last GS that I was at i swapped a brick of 30.00 srp for a brick of lpp that had a tag of 125.00 on them. The reloading components seller [a nice gal that I met last year] said she had bought them for 150.00 but was selling for 160.00 just to have some primers to sell [had 2 bricks then]. Guess I made 130.00 on the deal but it must have been in bitcoin as it was invisible.

beemer
12-05-2021, 11:51 AM
I was at a small gun show in Salisbury, NC last week. Primers were available but were $125-$150 a thousand depending what they were, didn't see any being bought. I guess at that price people bought only if they were completely out. I did buy two boxes of Speer bullets, one for a 303 Brit. and another for my 8mm. They were $31 a box, everything else was crazy high. Who would have ever thought a dirty Mosin-Nagant carbine would ever go for $300-$400.

The only primers I have seen in any local shop were from a guy that was selling off his late father's stash.

obssd1958
12-05-2021, 03:52 PM
Gun show this weekend, and primers are selling for $100 to $125 per 1k.
...and they are going out the door.

Shawlerbrook
12-05-2021, 04:13 PM
Haven’t seen primers around here in a couple years. If they ever become available $75/1000 will be a bargain..

curdog
12-05-2021, 04:37 PM
There has not been any for sale around these parts for a year and a half. I seen some at the Belleville gunshow for 150 dollars and they were old and the box was old and tattered. I had a few saved up and i am good for a little while...................Curdog

Murphy
12-05-2021, 05:50 PM
It seems it's anyone's guess when prices will fall and become normal again. I fully expect they will be slightly higher than before the insanity struck. How much higher is the question. I feel one indicator will be when we see small mom and pop shop's ammunition shelves beginning to be back to their normal stock level. It's rare for me to hit the big box store's. If I do, it's for something minor I'm out of and in need of at the moment. I do walk past the ammunition shelves at the big box stores just out of curiosity now and then.

Back to primers now. We're a large group here, some get by just fine loading 100-200 rounds a year. I know some would laugh at that and ask why bother? Just buy factory ammunition and skip reloading, you're wasting your time. And, we have competitive shooters who fire 10-20K (or more) per year. One thing for sure, we all use primers. Some have all they need for a long time to come, and some are on their last leg. The way things stand currently, I guess it all depends on how badly someone wants to continue shooting and enjoy reloading.

I guess if there is any good that will come out of the current shortage, it's people who will learn to stock up what they can. It doesn't matter if it's a few sleeves at a time, a brick or a case. They'll not be caught short again. That, and I'm in the process of hands on teaching 2 different men how to reload. They've started with nothing and are slowly picking up the things they will need. One is a grandfather who has a 13 year old grandson who is learning right beside grandpa. I hope next year when deer season rolls around (last day for regular gun season in Oklahoma is today) the kid will be able to know the feeling of taking a deer with ammunition he himself made.

Murphy

remy3424
12-05-2021, 08:02 PM
I wish you were right Murf. It seems very few learn anything from these shortages. People trying to stock-up at these rediculous prices, is what I find bewildering, like they are never going to be available again. In a few years I am thinking you will be able to buy all you want under $50. The days of $29.99 to $32.99 (within 3 years ago) are behind us, costs of production, including labor, and raw materials will see to that.

MUSTANG
12-05-2021, 08:07 PM
Well; I have been reading that Federal COLA's are going up by 6% starting January 2022. That means that large store prices of $39.00 per 1000 should only be $41.34. The gubement says so on inflation - So Its got to be right.

Hick
12-05-2021, 10:35 PM
I stocked up well when I was buying at $31.99 per thousand-- but I didn't have any pistols that used large pistol-- so I only stocked up on large rifle, small rifle and small pistol. Foolish me. The reason I shelled out $130 for 1k large pistol was because a 1911 variant just landed in my lap along with LP brass. Here I was with a brand new toy, dies, molds, gunpowder and brass-- and no way to reload it! I figured at 13 cents per primer I could have my fun and still save big compared to 45 auto ammo prices in the stores.

Gone_rabid
12-06-2021, 08:08 AM
I stocked up well when I was buying at $31.99 per thousand-- but I didn't have any pistols that used large pistol-- so I only stocked up on large rifle, small rifle and small pistol. Foolish me. The reason I shelled out $130 for 1k large pistol was because a 1911 variant just landed in my lap along with LP brass. Here I was with a brand new toy, dies, molds, gunpowder and brass-- and no way to reload it! I figured at 13 cents per primer I could have my fun and still save big compared to 45 auto ammo prices in the stores.

I was in the exact same boat last summer. Got a mini Mac 9mm and didn’t have anything 9mm prior and refused to pay $50+ for a box of ammo. Slowly Acquired reloading components and went to work. I did have to bum 100 rounds off my father in law in the beginning. ��

rbuck351
12-06-2021, 01:15 PM
I went through a primer shortage in the 70s IIRC. I told myself that was not going to happen again. If my kids or their kids take up reloading, they will have components for a while. The wife and I also stock food, gas, tp and a lot of other stuff that may not be on the shelf when we want it. The younger folks have had it to good for too long to know that being prepared for tomorrow is a good safety net. Somewhere they got the idea that if they fail the govt will save them. The ant and the grasshopper has been replaced with CRT and other such garbage.

rockrat
12-06-2021, 07:39 PM
local pawn/gun store had advertised primers, but didn't stop in to see how much. They had Rem 7.5's earlier this year for $200/K, so wouldn't be surprised if $150/K is what they are asking for standard stuff.

dverna
12-06-2021, 09:32 PM
I went through a primer shortage in the 70s IIRC. I told myself that was not going to happen again. If my kids or their kids take up reloading, they will have components for a while. The wife and I also stock food, gas, tp and a lot of other stuff that may not be on the shelf when we want it. The younger folks have had it to good for too long to know that being prepared for tomorrow is a good safety net. Somewhere they got the idea that if they fail the govt will save them. The ant and the grasshopper has been replaced with CRT and other such garbage.

You are spot on.

MrWolf
12-07-2021, 08:36 AM
I had to put my reloading on the back burner for a few years as I divorced, moved, injury retirement, etc so my stash has not really decreased. Plan on starting everything back up in the spring. No idea how long it will last, but am hoping for quite awhile. Guess I may have to shoot 22's as those I have quite a few of. Realized kinda vague with amounts. Gee, wonder where we get that from? [smilie=s: This of course is all predicated on getting back all of my guns and reloading equipment lost in the boating accident that my injuries caused. Hmm, yea, that's my story and sticking to it.

Cosmic_Charlie
12-07-2021, 10:04 AM
How long will it take for retail ammo inventories to get back to normal? Hard to say.... But until that happens there will continue to be a primer shortage. I have not bought factory .38, .357 or .44 ammo for many years. Even 30 years ago I did not like paying the prices for it. Going out shooting today to try some .357 & .44 spl 231 loads. May warm up to 15 today but at least the wind is down.

wildphilhickup
12-07-2021, 02:41 PM
My Police friend got me some Wolf primers for $40 per 1,000 last week. Could only get 3,000 total. I have not seen primers anywhere in the Dallas area for about 3 months now.

Parson
12-07-2021, 06:50 PM
Dealer just got in a big batch of primers, most right at $10 per 100

rockrat
12-07-2021, 06:52 PM
LGS got some CCI BR-4's in. After tax, $17/100

toallmy
12-07-2021, 07:22 PM
Could a push to open importation of ammunition and components from outside the U.S. be done in this political climate ?

Iowa Fox
12-10-2021, 12:41 AM
In the last primer shortage Powder valley started selling Wolf & Tula primers dirt cheap. Didn't take the match shooters long to figure out the Russian made primers were giving them excellent results. Then S & B came on board cheap. End of primer shortage.

Won't happen this time.

Idaho45guy
12-10-2021, 03:57 AM
Just saw that Midway had CCI Benchrest small rifle primers available. $134 per 1000. Ouch!

Budzilla 19
12-10-2021, 09:38 AM
LGS has CCI BR-4 srp at $150 ,plus tax, per 1000! ( they are still there after 2 months).

Big Tom
12-11-2021, 02:38 PM
The opposite is going on - Biden administration just stopped import of Russian ammunition (and primers fall under that)...

Could a push to open importation of ammunition and components from outside the U.S. be done in this political climate ?

Baltimoreed
12-11-2021, 03:16 PM
You gotta have primers to sell before you can have prices. Still saying I’m not paying .10 each. Only if I were totally out would that be an unfortunate option.

Catshooter
12-11-2021, 08:54 PM
"I’m not paying .10 each." Not paying .10 each yet.

Cosmic_Charlie
12-11-2021, 09:12 PM
My Police friend got me some Wolf primers for $40 per 1,000 last week. Could only get 3,000 total. I have not seen primers anywhere in the Dallas area for about 3 months now.

Heck, you done good!

Idaho45guy
12-11-2021, 10:41 PM
Stopped by the LGS and they had a funny but ominous little display. On a 3"x5" card, they taped a primer to it and wrote, "Last Primer: $5."

I did manage to pick up another 100 10mm cases and the max of 2 boxes of .223 PMC Bronze ammo. $11.99 each box is as cheap as it gets for AR food around here.

gc45
12-16-2021, 09:13 PM
No primers in my area for a year now. Internet or nothing. If anyone still thinks the dems are not behind this shortage they are drunk on the "coolaid" of Socialism.

Idaho45guy
12-17-2021, 04:59 AM
I was doing my daily search for primers from the major retailers and saw a link to Cabela's in Canada. Clicked on it and they had all the primers you could want.

CCI SPP for $89.99 per 1000. Converted to USD, it's about $70. Added it to my cart and tried to check out and got the message that they are export restricted.

So I guess that means if I drive up to Canada and buy a couple of cases of primers, that I can't bring them back into the US?

Cosmic_Charlie
12-17-2021, 06:14 PM
Was at Cabella's in Owatonna MN today. They had 1200 large pistol magnum primers, $9/100. Bought 600 because I am low on LP primers.

Wis Tom
12-17-2021, 08:00 PM
I was at Cabela's last Friday, and behind the counter was 10 boxes of CCI small pistol primers, for $79. I had rode along will my stepson as he was checking out a used Glock 19 that had just come in. Great deal, as it looked in great shape, barrel perfect, no slide marks even, and came with 4 mags, for $425. He got 1k of primers, and I got 1K of primers, as limit one. By the time the paperwork was done and called in for the Glock, all the primers were gone. Great timing for both deals. SPP are the only ones I was getting low on, as I didn't use to reload alot of 9mm and 380 auto, before, and would just buy it in bulk, for good deals. Who new that anything under a $1 a round was going to come. Now, looking around the store, 50 cents a round is still about the going rate. Great day for deals, as paying $79 per thousand, without any hazmat fee, was in my eyes, a good deal, and blessed just seeing some for sale, and stepson got a good shooting Glock.

rbuck351
12-17-2021, 11:15 PM
I drove from Alaska to Montana a few years back and was told I could not buy powder, primers or ammo in Canada. I didn't need anything then and still don't but I always look.

12-18-2021, 08:18 PM
Just paid $205 for 2000. That was for hazmat, shipping, and tax, included were 1000 CCI Small Rifle and 1000 CCI Small Rifle Magnum.

MidwayUSA had them, limit 1 each of each type.

102.50/each 1000 delivered is the best I’ve seen.

openbook
12-20-2021, 11:44 PM
Found them selling by the hundred a month ago at an out-of-town shop I occasionally visit, and picked up 300 SP and 100 SR for $9 per hundred. Then a couple weeks later I scored 1000 CCI-500 SPs from Midway USA for $77 plus the $20 HAZMAT fee. I've started saving spent primers.

Midway is showing #400 SRs available at $77 now.

William Yanda
12-21-2021, 10:04 AM
Primers are scarce. I bid $12 for 4 boxes of Lg Rifle primers in a nearby auction. Last notice I got they were up to $27.50. I did find a couple of boxes(1000) of CCI 209's for $30 at a flea market a few weeks ago.

Plate plinker
12-21-2021, 10:50 AM
This!

memtb
12-21-2021, 11:19 AM
While I’ve read only a part of these postings, the prices I’m seeing are beyond insane! I haven’t checked prices or availability in my area as I have a few! A few that I will carefully manage, by reducing my shooting considerably.

My sincere sympathies go out to those with none! However, I question the decisions by those that are well aware of the situation yet to continue shooting with apparently no thoughts about tomorrow....then complain about running out of or the price of components! This makes me think of the man on a life raft, praying for rescue, yet consuming all of his food in one meal rather than rationing it to sustain himself as long as possible!

This was not intended as a direct attack on anyone, merely my observation of component usage by many shooters on several of the forums that I follow! memtb

Wis Tom
12-21-2021, 11:36 AM
That's great advice, to quit or slow down shooting, if you are 30 yrs old. At my age, I want to shoot, because some day soon, I won't be able to shoot these big guns, as I also want to eat steak, not cheap hotdogs. Do we quit buying steak because it is more costly? Enjoy life, as you don't know what tomorrow brings. Just saying... you right, "LETS GO BRANDON".

memtb
12-21-2021, 12:26 PM
That's great advice, to quit or slow down shooting, if you are 30 yrs old. At my age, I want to shoot, because some day soon, I won't be able to shoot these big guns, as I also want to eat steak, not cheap hotdogs. Do we quit buying steak because it is more costly? Enjoy life, as you don't know what tomorrow brings. Just saying... you right, "LETS GO BRANDON".

A very valid point, however as much as I enjoy shooting...I want to leave as much as possible for my children/grandchildren, as they will very likely “need” them! I can’t help thinking about the future.....even if it’s not my future! memtb

BigAlofPa.
12-21-2021, 12:43 PM
Our one Walmart sells reloading supplies. I took a peek the other day. No powder or primers. But they did change the price for primers from 3.95 per 100 to 4.75.

Four-Sixty
12-21-2021, 02:00 PM
The firearm manufacturers need to do something about this. It is bad for the sport/hobby long term. I see fewer and fewer people at the range. I see Ruger 57s frequently for sale. Is it because 5.7 x 28 is now a buck a round? I am interested in a Ruger 57, but since I Almost never see ammo available for them, or when I do it's $1 a round, forget it!

badguybuster
12-21-2021, 02:03 PM
paid $109 today for 1000 Fed Match large Pistol