PDA

View Full Version : internet searches

BunkTheory
12-01-2021, 02:47 AM
anyone notice issues with internet searches all of a sudden

cant get midway, powder valley, gt bullets, ammo companies, gun companies to open through any search engine. nothing at all.

cant even get the duckduckgo webpage to laod

kevin c
12-01-2021, 03:13 AM
Just got to the first two you mentioned through google.

Finster101
12-01-2021, 08:37 AM
I have no issue using Google.

Handloader109
12-01-2021, 08:48 AM
No issues. I've found when that happens, usually something is staying open and streaming stupid advertising in background. Restart browser, or computer. If on phone, restart it once in a while. Our Internet provider has issues once in a while and I restart the whole router to clear slow downs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MrWolf
12-01-2021, 09:51 AM
I use duckduckgo all the time and haven't had any issues. I just typed in smokeless powder and all the regulars popped up.

Hickok
12-01-2021, 11:57 AM
I use ammoseek.com quite a bit.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-01-2021, 12:00 PM
No issues, using Google.
But I do add the company, ie Midway, if I want the search results to specifically include a specific seller.

fiberoptik
12-01-2021, 12:11 PM
I have no issue using Google.

Google tracks & sells your info more than Bill Gates or joe bidet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Land Owner
12-02-2021, 07:51 AM
^^^ +1 ^^^ to Handloader109

When my PC tower gets wonky I do as HL109 suggests and ALSO run the freeware programs: Spyware Blaster and CCleaner. Avast free antivirus sems to be inoculating me into good PC health too...

TRUST is an issue with EVERY download of freeware...is it trustworthy (or spying and stealing)? So far, so good. Nothing bad here to report in these three (3) after five (5) years of use. YMMV and if there ARE reports of "problems" associated with these, I am unaware (and have not searched for trouble).

Geezer in NH
12-07-2021, 11:15 AM
I don't use a search engine to get to the suppliers as I keep them in my Favorite and just click once and there the one is I was looking for.

Huskerguy
12-07-2021, 12:31 PM
I use duckduckgo all the time and haven't had any issues. I just typed in smokeless powder and all the regulars popped up.
I just switched my PC to duckduckgo and it seems OK but it really slowed my phone down with the app. I can hardly use it and it is a new phone.

waksupi
12-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Duckduckgo is pulling them up fine for me.

fiberoptik
12-07-2021, 11:48 PM
I just change the search engine in my browser instead of using Duck Duck Go’s browser.

Finster101
12-08-2021, 08:10 AM
Google tracks & sells your info more than Bill Gates or joe bidet.

Well, if you are buying anything on line you are doing a poor job of hiding from anybody no matter what your search engine. Like many of us on here the feds already have plenty of info on me including my DNA. Privacy especially on line is pretty much non-existent.

SteveM54
12-08-2021, 08:31 AM
Restart browser, or computer. If on phone, restart it once in a while. Our Internet provider has issues once in a while and I restart the whole router to clear slow downs.

I do this once a week even though I'm not having issues. Help clear & clean out the trash

just my.02

David2011
12-08-2021, 02:15 PM

Best answer. If you use the Internet it’s virtually impossible to avoid Google but I can honestly say it’s been ten or twelve years since I used the Google search engine. Google is the biggest data mining organization in the world outside of the U.S. government.