PDA

View Full Version : Lbt

lotech
11-24-2021, 12:28 PM
I was recently working with an LBT 9mm 140 grain design in the .38 Special. I bought the mould at least fifteen or twenty years ago. Initial loads have shown good accuracy. It's even slightly more accurate than my favorite .38 Sp./ .357 Mag. bullet cast from the H&G #51 mould, a 160 gr. SWC. However, the 9mm bullet is a little lighter than what I prefer.

I assume LBT is still in business, but I haven't ordered a mould in a long time. I'm considering a 150-160 grain design I can use in .38 and .357. Anyone here using an LBT design like that? I've had an LBT mould that casts a 180 grain ww bullet for thirty years or more. While it's fine for the .357, it's a little heavier than I like for the .38 Special.

Rapier
11-24-2021, 03:35 PM
They are still in business, molds and lube. Do not know about Veral Smith

https://lbtmolds.com/Home/tabid/5805/Default.aspx

lotech
11-24-2021, 04:36 PM
They are still in business, molds and lube. Do not know about Veral Smith

https://lbtmolds.com/Home/tabid/5805/Default.aspx

Thank you, Rapier. I looked at the website and it appears they are still in business. I suppose I'll order at least one .38 mould.

barnabus
12-03-2021, 07:20 AM
Thank you, Rapier. I looked at the website and it appears they are still in business. I suppose I'll order at least one .38 mould.

plan waiting forever with endless excuses.

lotech
12-03-2021, 09:48 AM

I decided against ordering an LBT mould for now. I was shooting this week and my H&G #51 still does well in a number of revolvers. While the LBT 140 grain is slightly more accurate overall, the difference doesn't justify buying yet another mould.

Elmer Fudd
12-13-2021, 07:38 PM

I have not found that to be the case. The last order I placed took about a month, maybe a few weeks. I thought that pretty quick for a custom design based on a slug I sent it. I even got the slug and piece of lead filled brass back.

I understand Veral has found a successor, but that could be a distortion of the truth or old/bad news. Best to get a message right from the horse's mouth.