PDA

View Full Version : Anyone loading Ms Boolit IDP #7 in .40 S&W? Acme boolits in .40?

trooperdan
11-23-2021, 07:57 PM
That is Missouri Boolit Co, IDP #7, 140 TCFP in .40 S&W translated! I was wondering what OAL you are running? I just loaded a trial batch at 1.165 and they barely go "plunk" so I may be right on the ragged edge of too long but shorter just looks wrong to me! I would like to leave about half of the band forward of the groove exposed.

I also recently got in a bunch of Acme coated boolits in .40, the RNFP 140 grain. I have always liked the Acme boolits and had good results with them and really like those nifty wood boxes they come in but I don't think this one is going to work in .40 S&W at all. It is .500 OAL but continues the straight part for .280 from the heel. Seated to a 1.13 OAL, they fit the chamber gage fine but don't even come close to chambering in my Glock model 22!

44MAG#1
11-24-2021, 11:31 AM
I have learned after 50 or 51 years of loading that I do what works for me and my firearms. I have two 40's one a Glock and one a Springfield. I load whatever ONE length I need to be good in both. I do the same in 45 Auto too. It is not hard to do that. I don't care about looks just performance.

stubshaft
11-25-2021, 11:19 PM
I have learned after 50 or 51 years of loading that I do what works for me and my firearms. I have two 40's one a Glock and one a Springfield. I load whatever ONE length I need to be good in both. I do the same in 45 Auto too. It is not hard to do that. I don't care about looks just performance.

Ditto - I load to whatever COL works in my guns.