PDA

View Full Version : 22RFM single action revolvers slightly smaller than Colt SAA?

Naphtali
11-22-2021, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to identify revolver sizes of 22RFM single action revolvers whose cylinders/cylinder frame dimensions are near those of a Colt SAA. Ruger's Single Six models are about the only one I can think of that might be. But not owning one, I have no idea if it's slightly smaller or significantly smaller. And there are almost certainly other brands that might be.

The Lipsey's Bearcat I have is tiny compared with Colt SAA.

ktw
11-22-2021, 08:19 PM
The Single Sixes are smaller than a Colt SAA but bigger than a Bearcat.

Uberti offers a small SAA, similar in size to the Single Six which they refer to as a Stallion (22LR/22 Mag).

-ktw

Bent Ramrod
11-22-2021, 08:33 PM
The only one I ever heard about was the Great Western. They apparently used the same frame and cylinder size for everything. Must have been a heavy thing to carry.

Cosmic_Charlie
11-22-2021, 09:56 PM
For some reason I could never get interested in .22 revolvers. Auto loading pistols yes. I would like to try a really accurate one some time.

contender1
11-22-2021, 11:41 PM
Are you trying to compare other guns to a Colt SA in .22LR or in .22 WRM? (.22 magnum.) Or, are you trying to find a .22 that is the close to a Colt SA in centerfire calibers?
Your question is a little confusing to me.

I don't have any Colt's,, but I do have a Ruger .22 LR/.22 WRM. As for other brands,, I have no clue.

smkummer
11-23-2021, 02:00 AM
Colts peacemaker/ scout series was said to be 7/8 the size of it full size SAA ( they seem smaller). A ruger single six 22 cylinder is almost identical to the scout/peacemaker cylinder. Both brands had cylinders long enough to additionally allow 22 WMR chambering. Ruger of course chambered it’s single six in 32 cal. as well. And yes, the bearcat is smaller and no way would it allow a 32 cal chambering.