PDA

View Full Version : Slide problem with Tokarev TT-33

Jaak
11-21-2021, 05:41 PM
I have two Tokarev pistols. One is of Polish manufacture and the other is Russian. The accuracy with the Russian Tok is terrible. At 25 yards I am hitting high and left, both by a foot from point of aim, and grouping like a shot gun. The Polish Tok is amazing. It can shoot half inch groups at 25 yards. In an attempt to figure out why the Russian is so terrible I started swapping parts, one at a time from the Polish to the Russian. The accuracy of the two guns did not change at all. It wasn't until I swapped slides. I put just the slide assembly with everything that does not take tools to remove off of the Polish and put it on the Russian. Barrels, bushing, spring, guide rod, etc. stayed on their original guns. The Russian started to shoot like the Polish and the Polish was shooting like the Russian.

I have no idea what can be wrong with the Russian slide that can cause it to shoot so poorly. Any ideas here?

Tokarev
11-21-2021, 07:06 PM
Check if the russkie slide is cracked.
Then take a caliper and just go around them, comparing measurements.
And post hi-res pictures of it, from all sides. Maybe the collective wisdom can spot a problem.