PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex Terrible Service

Castaway
11-17-2021, 09:01 PM
Ordered powder from Natchez. They got the order out in a timely manner. Shipped by Fed Ex. Yesterday I got a automated text saying delivery would be today and a signature was required. Stayed home all day, it’s now 8:00 PM and no package has been delivered. Finally got a human from Fed Ex on the phone at 7:30 PM. Told me the package was in Ga, I live in Central Fl. It’s one thing to wait an hour for a doctors appointment, but I feel like I had an 8:00 appointment, waited all day in the office and told to come back tomorrow and I might get seen.

dannyd
11-17-2021, 09:18 PM
They will need to scan your ID; been there done that; it is new and painful.

Handloader109
11-17-2021, 09:47 PM
I'm betting that the driver won't ask for anything. And will drop it at your door even in the rain without any signature.
I've had guns, several guns dropped off with zero signatures. FedEx and UPE.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dannyd
11-17-2021, 09:55 PM
I'm betting that the driver won't ask for anything. And will drop it at your door even in the rain without any signature.

I don't know took him three trips and he would not give me the package till he scanned my driver's license; said it something new. Will shall see just happened to first week of November; like you before never had to sign for anything.

Castaway, be quick when they ring your doorbell they don't wait long.

cwtebay
11-17-2021, 10:00 PM
Ordered powder from Natchez. They got the order out in a timely manner. Shipped by Fed Ex. Yesterday I got a automated text saying delivery would be today and a signature was required. Stayed home all day, it’s now 8:00 PM and no package has been delivered. Finally got a human from Fed Ex on the phone at 7:30 PM. Told me the package was in Ga, I live in Central Fl. It’s one thing to wait an hour for a doctors appointment, but I feel like I had an 8:00 appointment, waited all day in the office and told to come back tomorrow and I might get seen.Had you tracked the package earlier in the day?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

TyGuy
11-17-2021, 11:21 PM

About a month ago my driver left 5k small pistol primers in my gravel driveway in front of my garage with rain in the forecast. I have a full length covered porch but that would require getting out of the truck…

contender1
11-17-2021, 11:31 PM
I had a FedEx idiot throw a package across my gate the other day. It was in the driveway. Yet,, I have a place for them to actually leave packages,, but they ignore it.

BJK
11-17-2021, 11:32 PM
We had a Fed Ex driver years ago that didn't want to drive out to us on days with blue skies and claim the weather prevented delivery. That hasn't happened but those 2 times. I hope he rots in hell. Today our FedEx deliveries are quite good.

Mal Paso
11-18-2021, 09:23 AM
If they say "Customer not available" it means they are too busy and will not even try to deliver that day. Has NOTHING to do with a signature. I called india or wherever and they said the driver did not even try to deliver.

Ed_Shot
11-18-2021, 09:38 AM
Ordered powder (AA2230) from Natchez on Sat, 13 Nov, and got it yesterday, 17 Nov., via FedEx.....I was pleased.

tdoor4570
11-18-2021, 09:58 AM
they can't even find my address in the middle of town won't use them if there is a better way.

jim147
11-18-2021, 10:34 AM
they can't even find my address in the middle of town won't use them if there is a better way.

This right here. I pay extra to not use them if it is an option.

bedbugbilly
11-18-2021, 10:47 AM
We used to have good service here where we are in AZ . . . the driver we "had" was excellent . . now we gave a new driver , , , a young guy who acts like he is high half the time. My wife got an e-mail that a package she was expecting had been delivered and it had a picture of it sitting net to a house . . EXCEPT IT WASN'T OUR HOUSE. Neither one of us recognized the stone trim on the house as we don't have any. She took a walk and finally found it propped up agains a neighbors house . . . our house number is 395 . . the house it was delivered to is 429.

I was expecting an antique rifle . . . showed it would be delivered on Thursday (last week). Fed Ex is usually in our development around noon. We were sitting eating lunch and we saw him pull up, get out and carry the box to our side door (which is our "front door"). No doorbell ring and as I ws walking to greet him, my wife said he was walking back to his truck with the box? Huh? Signature required of course. He pulled away and I ws not a happy camper. Then he comes back ten minutes later and I am at the door to greet him. Again . acting like he was stoned. He halfway apologized . . muttered something about he though he had the wrong address and I told him, ""Yea . . . it's hard to get the right address, especially since it is clearly marked on the corner of the garage in six inch numbers next to the gat you have to walk through to get to the door."

It didn't end there. Yesterday I was expecting an order of insulin to arrive. It doesn't have to be signed for. He never rang the doorbell when he got here . . my wife was in the kitchen and just happened to see him drive away. The bo is clearly marked "Medications - Keep Out Of Direct Sun". I went to the door to get the box and instead of setting back by the door (our door is inset and shady) - the clown set it out on the sidewalk in the sun . . . but hey . . . it's a "dry heat" here in Arizona . . . .

Soundguy
11-18-2021, 11:30 AM
my fedex powder shipment also wanted a drivers license. yet as others have said.. they have left firearms out by the road.. or actually given them to other people across town....

dannyd
11-18-2021, 11:36 AM
Fedex ground trucks were all once owned by the drivers, but the company has been taking the the routes back and using corporate drivers. If the Ground logo is painted green still a private truck if it painted in red corporate truck. Owners were paid for packages delivered and good service; corporate trucks paid by the hour so how many packages delivered doesn't matter or quality of service.

Before Fedex purchased Ground service they Roadway Package Service (RPS).

trebor44
11-18-2021, 11:42 AM
Had a FedEx package delivered a couple of months ago during our triple digit temp weather. It contained a surprise of three different chocolate treats. Made a nice block of chocolate after it was cold down from setting in the sun for a couple of hours. NO door bell ring! I only found it when I went out to collect the mail!

Soundguy
11-18-2021, 12:15 PM
So what does a purple ground logo mean truck that just came by here was neither red nor green

Brassmonkey
11-18-2021, 12:24 PM
Lately the fed ex guy has been a guy in a personal suv or minivan wearing a fedex shirt. They must really be struggling to meet demand.

zarrinvz24
11-18-2021, 12:28 PM
It seems that the events over the past 18-24 months have really impacted the parcel delivery industry. At one time I shunned UPS and FEDEX was my preferred vendor. Over the last year I've noticed that FEDEX has been getting slower and slower, to the point that a ground package took nearly 3 weeks. UPS on the other hand has actually improved. UPS is my go-to now.

jimlj
11-18-2021, 12:37 PM
I think all delivery services have gone down hill, but FedEx seems to be winning the race. FedEx tracking is completely worthless. My last FedEx delivery showed package to be delivered by 8pm on a Sunday. The next day it showed it was to be delivered by 8pm on Monday. This went on till the following Thursday before the package arrived.

dannyd
11-18-2021, 02:17 PM
So what does a purple ground logo mean truck that just came by here was neither red nor green

The purple or red are corporate trucks; I move computer equipment for my company and the terminal is half mile from us. So unfortunately I have gotten an education doing covid-19.

Hickok
11-18-2021, 03:10 PM
Fedup-x is the worst in my area. They have delivered my packages to wrong addresses in town,...I will then get a call from that person that they have my goods.

And their website and customer service might as well be in Katmandu for all the good it does. Their shipment tracking sucks.

I once received a notice that they could not deliver to THEIR OWN distribution center in Bridgeport WV, because no one was there to receive the package. This was before the Covid epidemic.

How they can stay in business and maintain a profit is a mystery.

William Yanda
11-18-2021, 08:02 PM
Your experience is not universal. I bought pistol safes from CA. Projected delivery of just over a week. They arrived several days early. Sometimes they do well.

BunkTheory
11-24-2021, 12:34 AM
i had stuff on order to be shipped through the united states mail.... it arrived this morning a 53 foot long Fedex delivery truck.

worst part is that the sender did not send me a complete order, and one item was not in as sold condition... but when i contacted said seller, they KNEW the order hadnt shipped correctly, but they had made NO attempt since friday afternoon,,,, the day it shipped and the day they knew it was screwed up,,, to notify me OR to send the part to me..

armoredman
11-24-2021, 05:52 AM
Here in Southern AZ I get excellent service, BUT, I set it up by waiting for the driver more than once, and give him a glass of ice cold water when he brought the package out. My FedEx deliveries have been perfect from then on out. Once I saw the guy walking away kind of dejected looking, as I had been in the bathroom when he came. I popped out the front door and made the drinking motion with my hand, and MAN did he jackrabbit right back on up the stairs!
I have met the UPS driver at the truck so he didn't even have to get out. Of course, with UPS, if I want, I can have them hold it at the local hub - it is literally a half a mile from the house.

GregLaROCHE
11-24-2021, 06:55 AM
Ordered powder from Natchez. They got the order out in a timely manner. Shipped by Fed Ex. Yesterday I got a automated text saying delivery would be today and a signature was required. Stayed home all day, it’s now 8:00 PM and no package has been delivered. Finally got a human from Fed Ex on the phone at 7:30 PM. Told me the package was in Ga, I live in Central Fl. It’s one thing to wait an hour for a doctors appointment, but I feel like I had an 8:00 appointment, waited all day in the office and told to come back tomorrow and I might get seen.

I go through the exact same frustration as you. They say you have to be there to sign and they never come. Sometimes they put it in the mailbox and don’t tell you. For me it’s not just FedEx, but UPS and other local delivery companies. DHL hasn’t been bad, but I haven’t gotten that much through them. The most dependable here is the postal service. Locally or if something is sent by USPS it usually gets to me faster than the premium services.
I happen to be one of the furthest from most of the hubs. If the drivers are running late, they just don’t come. If they came the next day or so it wouldn’t be so bad, but when its a week later or they don’t ever bring it saying they can’t find the address, that’s BS. Here all numbered addresses are in GPS systems.
What’s y’a gonna do ?

smithnframe
11-24-2021, 07:40 AM
I’ve had excellent service from FedEx! Never a problem.

dale2242
11-24-2021, 08:18 AM
I have had excellent service from FedEx except for one time.
I paid $30 extra for 2-day delivery.
It got here 5 days later.

Handloader109
11-24-2021, 08:37 AM
That's interesting. There have been so many stolen packages, these services should try something. I had FedEx confirm my name, but no signing yet. Stupid, he should have asked what my name was, not are you John.
Heck even Home depot wanted to scan my DL for a $4.97 return..

GregLaROCHE
11-24-2021, 08:49 AM
I have had excellent service from FedEx except for one time.
I paid $30 extra for 2-day delivery.
It got here 5 days later.

You used to be able to get a refund if you didn’t get it when promised. Don’t they still do that?

Smoke4320
11-24-2021, 09:09 AM
Fed ex tracking says I have a delivery due today in NC buts been sitting UTAH for the last 2 days. Don't think it will make it today

Petander
11-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Fed Ex just brought me this book from California in six days.

https://i.postimg.cc/BZ1svGsW/IMG-20211123-194827-167.jpg

daengmei
11-25-2021, 11:09 AM
More nonsence https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/fedex-investigates-after-hundreds-of-packages-found-in-alabama-ravine/ar-AAR6KEe?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531.

Pressman
11-25-2021, 06:40 PM
Link above is a great read on 300-400 Fud-Ex packages recently found in a ravine in Georgia.

GregLaROCHE
11-26-2021, 10:19 AM
It took FedEx ten days to fly across the Atlantic. An item I ordered just arrived in France. I hope I get it by Monday.

bedbugbilly
11-27-2021, 12:26 PM
On the news this morning was a story about a bunch of FedEx packages that wee four in a woods somewhere - can't remember the location. Nobody seems to know how they got there but FedEx was sending trucks to pick them up so they could get delivered. Makes me wonder if our local postal delivery guy we have used to work for them. ::-)

memtb
11-27-2021, 12:39 PM
In a recent press release, FedEx has announced a new process for expediting package delivery to the recipients! The parcels will be placed in a common location....the package recipients will come to the site and recover their packages! See photo! :smile: memtb

https://i.imgur.com/gmPZO1zl.jpg

BigAlofPa.
11-27-2021, 01:04 PM
Our service is iffy since the plandemic. They change drivers often. Yesterday i had ammo cans out for delivery. Then i checked the tracking after dinner. It said delivery exception. Driver attempted delivery at 6:19 PM. There is no hoops and loops a driver has to go through to make a drop. One time in the summer i had a package on the truck for 4 days. I watched for it and caught the driver zipping right on by. I caught up to her and got my package. I kept my cool though. And pointed out where i live for future delivery's. Since that day we probably had 1/2 dozens more drivers. UPS I had the same driver for as long as i can remember.

gpidaho
11-27-2021, 01:48 PM
I ordered a thousand round case of reloadable 9X19 from Classic firearms 15 days ago should have arrived on the twenty second. Tracking says it arrived in Colorado on Nov. 20 ( North Carolina to Idaho) hasn't moved sense. Fed Ex tracking says bar code has been destroyed. I Emailed Classic about the shipping problem and got a quick response. They said with shipping being backed up it could take WEEKS to get the claim resolved. Seems to me the wait should be on their dime not mine and that I deserve a prompt refund. Gp

ForeCast
11-27-2021, 07:41 PM
I was at work awaiting FedEx delivery of primers. Order and shipping info said "Adult signature required," as usual or so I thought.
The driver asked to scan my wife's driver license. She said "no way," as we have both had ID theft nightmares.

She Ok'ed for the driver to look at it to confirm ID before signing, but the driver refused and RETURNED the primers as "delivery refused." No more FedEx for me, full stop.

GregLaROCHE
11-27-2021, 11:31 PM
My experience has been that the drivers of all the companies lie as to why they couldn’t deliver.

sparky45
11-30-2021, 07:31 PM
Had a package from Home Depot that was scheduled to be delivered last Saturday; didn't arrive. They rescheduled the delivery for Monday by the end of the day; didn't arrive. I checked the FedX website for the scheduled/re-schedule date and found the notice that "there is no scheduled date for delivery". Contacted Home Depot and they just blew it off. It's only a little over $100 but I need the product to complete a job I'm on.

reddog81
11-30-2021, 08:03 PM
Ordered primers from Brownells last Wednesday. Fedex sent a text saying the primers would be delivered on Friday. Nothing showed up on Friday and the package was still sitting in Grinnel Iowa on Friday night 45 miles away. Saturday I checked and the primers were supposed to be delivered later that day. Saturday night the primers were in Chicago 345 miles away. On Monday they showed up in Grimes, Iowa 10 miles away. They were set to be delivered on Monday. It's Tuesday at 6:00 PM and they still are showing as in Grimes IA and "in transit". Whatever that means...

dannyd
11-30-2021, 08:44 PM
Saw a privately owned Ground truck tonight with a "In God We Trust" license plate; definitely not a corporate truck. Plus he was hustling.

Mal Paso
12-07-2021, 07:32 PM
Fedex disappoints again. The package was at the local distribution point Sunday, sat there all day Monday. Email at 3 am Tuesday says on the truck for delivery today. When I check to see why it isn't here it's back at the distribution point, delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

Fourth screw up in a row.

gpidaho
12-07-2021, 07:43 PM
FedEx has had a purchase of mine for over three weeks and it has traveled from North Carolina To Colorado where it stalled for sometime then instead of heading on to Idaho it went to Indiana, Ohio, Back to South Carolina and hopefully back to sender in North Carolina so I can get a refund on a near $400 purchase. I'm still not sure if package (ammunition) was stolen or if it will make it back to sender. Not impressed with FedEx. Gp

Idaho45guy
12-08-2021, 04:57 AM
Had a positive FedEx experience today while I was at work. They brought my optic adapter from Springfield Armory so I could mount my Vortex Venom on my new pistol.

I got an alert on my phone that there was motion at my front door, so I pulled up the camera doorbell and saw a female FedEx employee walk up with my little envelope, look at my armed garden gnome by the front door and smile, then read my sign on the door that says "Hippies use back door", and laugh and gently put my package inside the storm door so it wouldn't get wet or be seen from the street.

Couldn't ask for much better.

Soundguy
12-08-2021, 10:04 AM
even blind squirrels get a nut every now and then.

Mal Paso
12-09-2021, 07:13 PM
They blew it again, package on the truck, out for delivery, not.

I wish I had control other than stop doing business with those who use fedex. There is almost never a choice of shippers at checkout.

Edit: So I called and complained and they delivered the package the same day, only 2 days late. I was so surprised I had to post. Thought I was yelling at the wind.

Idaho45guy
12-16-2021, 04:12 AM
Getting nervous waiting on FedEx now.

Ordered a new set of tires from Discount Tire. Done it many times. They usually show up at my door within 3-4 days. Ordered them on the 8th. I got a tracking number and on the FedEx website, it just says they are "In Transit". For a week? Delivery date is "Pending".

I was really hoping to get the new tires on before I drove to Seattle next week for Christmas. My current tires are great in deep, slushy snow, but not so good on hard-packed snow and ice. The pass is regularly closed to vehicle traffic unless you have chains or tires with the 3-peak snowflake designation.

The tires are coming from Perris, California. I have heard that shipping times are ridiculously long now due to America sliding into 3rd world status.

EDIT: Just refreshed the tracking info and they were scanned today in Portland, OR! So only 6 days to go 1000 miles. Only 350 miles left to go! That gives me 3 days wait, theoretically...

SteveM54
12-16-2021, 08:20 AM
Two months ago I sent a pistol in for warranty work. I was told that an adult signature with ID was required for delivery. The *** driver dropped the box on my porch, never rang the door bell, wrote the wrong name on his iPad & drove off. I barely caught a glimpse of the truck and ran out to grab my package. I called the factory & FedEx both screaming. Never heard back from either one.

Soundguy
12-16-2021, 11:36 AM
They blew it again, package on the truck, out for delivery, not.

I wish I had control other than stop doing business with those who use fedex. There is almost never a choice of shippers at checkout.

Edit: So I called and complained and they delivered the package the same day, only 2 days late. I was so surprised I had to post. Thought I was yelling at the wind.

I ordered a package.. delivery failed 2 days in a row.. I have a gate out by the road and a drop box.. I get packages every day. Whatever new fedup driver they have on my route is not the sharpest tool in the shed.. I called and complained and low and behold it finally got delivered. next fedup package keeps getting 'delayed' and the delivery date keeps walking. was supposed to be here saturday... then monday.. then tuesday.. then wednesday.. now they are saying next monday.. ***?

Smoke4320
12-16-2021, 12:16 PM
Fed Ex and DHL both suck eggs. I do not know how they stay in business
I have had a next day air truck and then 2 ground trucks make a delivery on the same day.
Now their distribution center is 50 miles from me thats poor route planning.
On the other hand I have had them post multiple days in a row ...attempted delivery no on home to a BUSINESS address open 5 days a week

Mal Paso
12-16-2021, 12:51 PM
Fed Ex and DHL both suck eggs. I do not know how they stay in business
I have had a next day air truck and then 2 ground trucks make a delivery on the same day.
Now their distribution center is 50 miles from me thats poor route planning.
On the other hand I have had them post multiple days in a row ...attempted delivery no on home to a BUSINESS address open 5 days a week

Attempted delivery is code for they didn't try. They started doing that here. CS said Nope, package never left the facility.

Soundguy
12-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Why do they let them get away with that?

gc45
12-16-2021, 08:40 PM
I have some primers being shipped from Brownells, hope they get here ok. My Fedex guy is the best! been coming to my house for 5 yrs or longer. He did tell me hiring good people is dismal at best and privete delivery companies are awful too. Hard to believe a virus could do this but with Biden giving away money it is what it is. just happy to being finally getting some large pistol primers after looking for months and months. yeah, I had to pay rip off prices so I won't be shooting test loads much, just loads I already have worked up.

megasupermagnum
12-16-2021, 09:10 PM
@Idaho45guy, you have to remember we are right in the crook of the Christmas season. I'm not appreciative of how the country is going either, but I don't think shipping in mid to late December was ever quick. How could it be. They hire temporary drivers just for this month.

I've had issues with all the major deleivery guys, UPS, Fedex, USPS, and Speedee. I have had a problem unique to Fedex though, actually I'm still having the problem. I sent a rifle to a gunsmith in Oregon for custom work last year, and almost forgot about it. Finally I found out the work was done and ready to ship. I made absolutely certain to give my address, and he said he wrote it down. I even sent an email to confirm. It was also on the money order I sent for payment. Lo and behold, he sent it to my old address. I didn't catch the screw up until a day before it arrived. He had tried to update delivery address like you can with UPS, but Fedex will not do it. The idiots tried to deliver it anyway, and luckily the rifle was denied at the door. The gunsmith was then able to request it sent back to him, as they would not ship it to me. So the rifle has now been on the road from OR to MN over about 10 days, and has now been going back to OR for about 10 days, and should be there tomorrow. It has passed right by my house twice, once in Huron, SD, and once in Fargo, ND. Hopefully it will then be right back on the road back to my house, and maybe I'll see it right away next year. Then I have to pray a month or more of rattling around a truck did not undo all that fancy bedding and accuratizing of my M1A.

Idaho45guy
12-19-2021, 02:47 AM
Not looking good. Snow storm hitting tonight and continuing the next couple of days with about a foot of snow hitting. Checked Fedex tracking site and they have not moved in 3 days and are now officially "Delayed" in Troutdale, Oregon. I typed "Troutdale" in a Google search to see where in Oregon it is and it is a suburb of Portland.

What was alarming was most of the Google search results were about why that Fedex facility is so slow. One article was saying how Fedex is saying they have a huge shortage of workers and used that facility as an example of the worst. Great.

So, the bright side is that my current tires are OK, and do great in heavy slushy snow, which is what is forecast. So no big deal. I'll just have to ask my neighbor to go move the tires from my front porch to the garage if they show up while I'm in Seattle.

Petander
12-19-2021, 04:53 PM
My Rockauto oil filters from USA were supposed to come Dec 13 th. Taxes and customs pre-paid.

Tracking still shows that date estimate with a note "delayed,delivery date not known". They have been in Vantaa, Finland for a week now.

My Suburban winter oils are waiting and it's getting cold.

Idaho45guy
12-19-2021, 10:03 PM
Yay! Status of the tires is now updated for delivery on Monday, before end of day. Getting them installed Tuesday. Hopefully.

cwtebay
12-19-2021, 10:21 PM
My FedEx driver came to my house today. Delivered a package that was due yesterday but delayed due to weather. He definitely earned the meager Christmas present I got for him!!!
Couldn't be more pleased.

armoredman
12-19-2021, 11:35 PM
I ordered a small package from MidwayUSA, delivery expected on Tuesday the 21st. It showed up yesterday, 3 days early. Me happy.

Idaho45guy
12-21-2021, 05:00 AM
Yeah, really not happy at all, now. Original delivery date was the 15th. Then changed to the 20th. Now updated to no date. Says they are in a town 45 miles away.

What a joke.

Cosmic_Charlie
12-21-2021, 05:12 PM
Poor service is becoming a thing. Good service will be notable and lauded.

Idaho45guy
12-22-2021, 04:03 AM
Latest claim is that now my tires were on a FedEx truck and out for delivery since 7:36 am Tuesday morning. Leaving Thursday morning for Seattle and lots snow in the forecast.

Took work off tomorrow so I can get new tires on my SUV. I will either track down the dang truck they are on, or, I will call Discount Tire and cancel the order. I checked and the nearest Discount Tire is 60 miles away and they have the tires in stock. I should have just gone there in the first place.

And get this; when I ordered the tires 3 weeks ago, they were $247 each. Now, they have gone up in price to $261 each. So, I will have to call Discount Tire and see what they can do since they chose to use FedEx, which is incapable of delivering their product.

One way or the other, I will get new tires Wednesday.

Idaho45guy
12-22-2021, 03:54 PM
Been on hold with Discount Tire for over 5 minutes now. Tried for an hour to get a hold of a live person at FedEx and it is not possible. Since the tires are "out for delivery" for the last two days, all I can do is cancel the delivery and then go to the FedEx center 50 miles away tomorrow and pick them up in person. But, no idea if that will actually happen.

My nuclear option was to just go to the nearest Discount Tire today and get a set of tires mounted and have them credit my account for the set that FedEx won't deliver. Just trying to reach someone at Discount Tire, but they are "experiencing heavy call volume". What a joke.

Idaho45guy
12-22-2021, 04:07 PM
Still on hold...

trebor44
12-22-2021, 04:34 PM
Thirty years ago, FedX took a week for overnight delivery to a rural town. Nothing much has changed!

Soundguy
12-22-2021, 06:32 PM
Wife ordered a big jacket from Amazon weeks ago. FedEx shipped.. Order sat delayed..finally Amazon cancelled the order. Box is probably in that ravine where FedEx dumps their packages.

BigAlofPa.
12-22-2021, 07:15 PM
UPS lost my package. I ordered a Beeman pellet pistol for my brother for Christmas. The seller sent me another.

Idaho45guy
12-22-2021, 07:36 PM
Tires finally got here! At the shop getting them installed.

Petander
12-23-2021, 02:08 AM
Looks like I'll just change the winter oil with no filter change.

No reply from emails, chat, whatsoever. Oh well.

https://i.postimg.cc/VLbhNGRB/IMG-20211222-WA0006.jpg

Idaho45guy
12-23-2021, 03:12 AM
Looks like I'll just change the winter oil with no filter change.

No reply from emails, chat, whatsoever. Oh well.

https://i.postimg.cc/VLbhNGRB/IMG-20211222-WA0006.jpg
It's maddening, isn't it? I've never seen so many examples of horrible customer service in my entire life until the past year or so. The world is going mad.

BigAlofPa.
12-23-2021, 03:23 PM
I heard a thud on the porch. Went out to see what it was. Fedex truck was pulling away. My package was thrown 1/2 way across my porch. It was my new dies. They were ok. And the plastic box didn't crack. I complained before to Fedex about them throwing stuff.

cwtebay
12-23-2021, 05:04 PM
My FedEx driver just beeped his horn at me while I was driving. I pulled over and she gave me my packages. She also gave me 2 packages for my neighbours that aren't home right now.
I gave her the box of chocolates that a very good client gave me yesterday.
I am so appreciative of all of the people that take their chosen profession to personal levels.
I am also sooooooo sick and tired of folks that complain about, hate on, strike out against their job to excuse themselves from being civil to their fellow human beings.
I want the entirety of the people that I am fortunate enough to interact with to know how grateful I am to have them in my life. They are integral to my business and my life.
I got each and every one something that I know is meaningful to them (I don't know my FedEx driver well - hence the chocolate) and have given it to them. It took me 3 days and several employees making uncountable stops to pick up and drop off and mail (UPS / FedEx) gifts. But you know what? I appreciate them. They are my fellow man and my saviour taught me to love them.

This is the season of HIS birth!!!!!
Perhaps we could all be a little more Christ-like in our expectations.

Yes, my left cheek hurts - but my right is available.

Handloader109
12-23-2021, 06:15 PM
Serves as you guys right for ordering all that stuff through the interwebs.... [emoji16]

I was engraving a couple's henry 22 yesterday that they were giving their 10 year old grandson. He works for our local post office as one of two night shippers. 8pm to 8am. Threw over 14,000 packages on Tuesday night between the two of them. They average 7 skids of Amazon crap a night. He can't change jobs inside the PO due to his seniority as he would drop to lowest level if he say became a route driver. He sure was disappointed President Trump was not reelected as the PO upper management is crap.

Combatmedic63
12-29-2021, 09:37 AM
Sorry for your issues. I have ordered a bunch of powder and primers in the last two months, all delivered by Fedex. 0 problems with tracking or delivery.

Walks
12-29-2021, 05:09 PM
fedex made Me quit smoking cigars. Outfit I Mail ordered cigars from always shipped fedex. I paid an extra dollar for signature required. As by CA state law only adults over 21yrs can buy tobacco, so gotta have that DL.
fedex would never ring doorbell. My office window looks right down the front walk. driver usually threw them from about 10ft away from porch. And I live about 100yrds from the front of a middle school. If I wasn't home, there was a 50/50 chance I would ever get My cigars.
Cigar Co, wouldn't/couldn't do anything about shipping another carrier. So I went back to smoking a pipe. Get that tobacco from another Co. Never fail to get an order now.

Outer Rondacker
12-29-2021, 05:43 PM
Fedex tossed my chrismas gift in the ditch in front of the house. Signed my name for me. Wife went to pull in our 1400 foot driveway and saw the box in the ditch. Driver said I am trying to get something for nothing but I was only trying to file a complaint against the driver. My package was not damaged.

I have had it with all companies. Lowes sell allan + roth. I purchased a 319$ light for our new house with a 5 year warranty. Well three years in and i am being told tough -------. I have receipts boxes the whole nine yards. They wont do a thing other then tell me I am right but they are not going to replace the light. Sorry not trying to derail but needed a spot to vent and had a fedex story anyway. Thanks

BJK
12-29-2021, 06:52 PM
Ha Ha! Fedex service! Or lack of service.

Not long ago we had a good Fedex delivery gent. He actually delivered packages and was pleasant to talk to. Before him we must have had some bosses kid. The day before delivery we had a storm, but on the day of delivery the sky was blue with bright sun and the roads were clear. I get an email notification that due to weather my package couldn't be delivered. Then a few years of good deliveries with the gent I mentioned. Recently fedex delivered a package to my neighbors, 1/2 mile away from their home leaning on the road sign pole. The person at that corner delivered it to them. They called Fedex to complain and was told that couldn't have been the case since the person who didn't deliver it indicated that he had. What absolute morons! They must be very hard up for anyone who can't drive a delivery vehicle.

cwtebay
12-29-2021, 07:12 PM
My FedEx driver just brought a package into the office. It had definitely been through the wringer! She knows that we know most everyone around so figured she would ask. It was a package shipped on 22 November TWENTY TWENTY!!!
Shipped from Seattle.... USPS. USPS apparently claims that the recipient signed for the package!!
It was found in the ditch in the snow beside where she was getting dug out of BTW.

BigAlofPa.
12-29-2021, 10:21 PM
I have a scope coming tomorrow via fedex. I sure hope the driver don't throw it.

Shepherd2
12-30-2021, 11:01 AM
I've never had a complaint with FedEx except that time the driver got stuck where we were putting up a building. She thought the mud looked like gravel.

Monday I checked the tracking on package. It was picked up in St. Paul, Minnesota that morning. The next afternoon at 1:30 the driver handed me the package in my driveway in Ohio. That is fast service.

BigAlofPa.
12-31-2021, 10:41 PM
Scope came safe and sound. The driver sat it down on the inside of my gate.

Idaho45guy
01-01-2022, 02:52 AM

Good to hear!

Outer Rondacker
01-01-2022, 09:59 AM

Always nice to hear good news these days, I am happy for you many of us have had horror stories to tell.

Petander
01-05-2022, 11:01 AM
Got my oil filters today.

Delivery took five weeks exactly.

megasupermagnum
01-05-2022, 01:24 PM
I finally got my rifle today. Looking at the tracking history, the rifle has been to more states in the past month than I have in my lifetime. Here is the really bizarre part. I've got a door on the back of my house that must have used to have a porch or something, but doesn't anymore. I have a homemade step there for emergencies, otherwise the door is not used. I put up a curtain inside the door to block light, as it shines right into my TV in the living room. I have never once shoveled to that door. I work nights, so today while asleep I'd guess 9:30am I hear knocking, look out my window, and see nothing. I went outside to shovel and noticed tracks around the house. This stupid guy walked through a 3 foot tall snow drift, around the house, to a door with no real steps, with a curtain in the window, and then signed off on a RIFLE that required my signature, and left. It's pretty windy. The tracks are already mostly gone. If I hadn't been out there right away, I might not have found the all-white box for some time. Nothing looks battered, but the front sight is busted.

In the mean time I ordered something else from Cabelas shipped Fedex, it was originally in SW Wisconsin, and after a week it is now drifting somewhere around the east coast. Last week I also ordered some reloading stuff via USPS that was here in 3 days, and something from Midway that shipped by UPS that was here in 2 days.

And that's the last time I allow anything important to be shipped by Fedex.

Idaho45guy
01-05-2022, 04:06 PM
I finally got my rifle today. Looking at the tracking history, the rifle has been to more states in the past month than I have in my lifetime. Here is the really bizarre part. I've got a door on the back of my house that must have used to have a porch or something, but doesn't anymore. I have a homemade step there for emergencies, otherwise the door is not used. I put up a curtain inside the door to block light, as it shines right into my TV in the living room. I have never once shoveled to that door. I work nights, so today while asleep I'd guess 9:30am I hear knocking, look out my window, and see nothing. I went outside to shovel and noticed tracks around the house. This stupid guy walked through a 3 foot tall snow drift, around the house, to a door with no real steps, with a curtain in the window, and then signed off on a RIFLE that required my signature, and left. It's pretty windy. The tracks are already mostly gone. If I hadn't been out there right away, I might not have found the all-white box for some time. Nothing looks battered, but the front sight is busted.

In the mean time I ordered something else from Cabelas shipped Fedex, it was originally in SW Wisconsin, and after a week it is now drifting somewhere around the east coast. Last week I also ordered some reloading stuff via USPS that was here in 3 days, and something from Midway that shipped by UPS that was here in 2 days.

And that's the last time I allow anything important to be shipped by Fedex.

Yikes!

I've had FedEx drop packages off at my side door that is similar to yours; never used and you have to try hard to find it. Leaving a rifle in the snow at non-used door is criminal.

Buddy at work ordered an item and it is two weeks late and currently stuck at the Troutdale, OR facility. The same one mine sat at for a week.

megasupermagnum
01-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Your kidding. This rifle was stuck in Troutdale, OR as well for about a week.

Shawlerbrook
01-05-2022, 04:41 PM
Another FedEx horror story. Last week tracking sent me an email that a package was delivered and left on my porch. I live in a rural area, one neighbor within a mile and I was home all day. No package anywhere on my property or my neighbors. Not to mention that the original tracking said it was to be delivered almost a week early with no updates until the delivery one. From now on, UPS, USPS or I don’t want it.

Smoke4320
01-05-2022, 04:45 PM
I deal with UPS , USPS and Fed Ex on a near daily basis. They all have their issues but Fed Ex is by FAR the worst of the 3. Bad Tracking , bad delivery estimates , Absolutely the worst for not delivering on the day they say your package is ON THE TRUCK for delivery THAT day. and nearly NO customer service

BJK
01-05-2022, 05:16 PM
I was actually surprised at FedEx delivery this past SUNDAY. Sunday, can you believe it!?? The delivery person actually drove up my icy and steep driveway. Since it's a circular driveway and the upper driveway has a much gentler slope, designed for easy access in snow and ice, I told him about it. I tell them all about it but maybe they have no way to add notes to addresses?

Handloader109
01-09-2022, 12:42 PM
It's been usps lately for me. Had a package I sent to OK show delivered, but recipient did not receive, so I sent replacement. $30 item, so no insurance. I've been looking for a roll of 3d printer material. 10 days over due, and USPS now shows it was put in my mailbox a week ago. No, I've had mail pretty much daily and it wasn't ever there, unless I have a neighbor stealing and I don't think so. Another $25 out of my pocket as the seller ain't gonna replace. argh

Winger Ed.
01-09-2022, 01:35 PM
I had Fedex drop off a big rolled up rug addressed to someone, some place else.
I called 'em and told them about it.
The kid told me I had to take it to one of their hubs. Here, that's about 50 miles away.

I started laughing, and they asked me what was so funny.
I told them my address, that I wasn't taking it anywhere, and if they wanted it, they could come get it.
Otherwise, the next time I had a garage sale, I'd sell it.

The next day, a driver came and picked it up.

Petander
01-09-2022, 03:04 PM
Now last week, I got a FedEx delivery from The USA four days before the earliest estimated delivery date.

A Lyman ladle from Amazon.

fecmech
01-09-2022, 03:08 PM
I started as an aircraft mechanic with Fedex in 1980 (2 yrs. after the company started). Through the 80's it was a great company for all the employees and a top notch delivery service. As they entered the 90's they started treating the delivery and warehouse people less well in their search for profits and currently it appears to be worse. I retired in '05 and things were still good in AC maintenance for mechs but like all corporations the bean counters rule. I'm really sorry to see the company going downhill. My avatar is a pic I took one morning of an incoming flight, love those 727's!

megasupermagnum
01-09-2022, 07:56 PM
I checked my tracking, and found that my package from Cabelas had been delivered Thursday, 4 days late when it originally left only 300 miles away. I checked yesterday, and yep, the delivery guy put it underneath the homemade steps to my back door despite the note on the door. Now he is doing this on purpose.

Still no word on the damages caused to the rifle. How dumb would it be if they are going to fight me over a $50 front sight.

Winger Ed.
01-10-2022, 12:46 AM
How dumb would it be if they are going to fight me over a $50 front sight.

They'll make ANY claim as hard to collect as possible,
if for no other reason than to discourage others from trying to do it.

Outer Rondacker
01-10-2022, 09:55 AM
I have two packages coming FedEx today and one usps. My usps driver normally brings my packages down the long drive to the house even if they are small. He likes to chat. We got two inches of snow yesterday and it's not enough to plow. I use a case 580K backhoe. Wife is heading out to watch the grandkids since school delays and I will be taking the garbage out to the road for pick up. This will put three sets of tracks in the driveway. Mail should come around noon and that will make two more sets one in and one out. I will bet any amount of money I never see a FedEx truck today. Any takers? Just kidding I don't bet even when it's a sure thing.

Brick85
01-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Having a bit of a FedEx nightmare myself. Bought a Dillon 550B from a fellow member here, and neglected to ask him to not use FedEx. Well, sure enough. . .

Disappeared for a week after it got to Phoenix, with no delivery date estimate. Then suddenly, a few days after it was already due, it showed up in NJ and finally made its way over. Well, almost made it. I got a notification it had been delivered and I figured maybe they skipped the signature and just dropped it off, which should have been OK since it's a pretty rural for CT and would have been safe.

But come to find out they said someone signed for it with a different initial and my last name. That's not possible since no one was home and anyway that's not where anyone else related to me lives! Part of me hopes that they dropped it off to some neighbor down the road and they'll bring it around, but why would they forge a signature if so? Another possibility is that the driver checked it off as signed and delivered but didn't drop it off.

The package is insured for about what I paid for the items, but not for the shipping cost, and honestly I got a decent deal so I doubt I'd be able to replace what I bought with the insurance payout. And I expect the claim process to be a real headache, especially with the fraudulent signature. My hope is that the insurance aspect will put a bit more of a fire under their butts to get the package back to me. They must have some sort of record of the actual location the driver went to, and I'm betting it wasn't the actual address.

Either way, I started the claims process, and got a bunch of calls from an unknown number (which I don't answer) and then a text asking if I had gotten the package. Now they say they're investigating, for whatever that's worth, and to have the seller initiate lost package procedures if it's not in my hands tomorrow.

From now on I'm definitely going to request no FedEx and if anything is coming through them I'll have them hold it at a location and go pick it up. They really seem to fail at "the last mile".

megasupermagnum
01-12-2022, 02:47 PM
They'll make ANY claim as hard to collect as possible,
if for no other reason than to discourage others from trying to do it.

Yep, after a week of nonsense, Ted Brown is just going to take the hit and send me a new front sight. Fedex is worthless.

bubbadoyle
01-12-2022, 05:42 PM
I’ve had a couple awful experiences with fedex in the last few months. I did eventually receive everything but one was roughly three weeks late. I contacted them after about a week and a half and they said they dropped it off at the post office for final delivery and it was out of their hands. Then miraculously a week or so later my I get a tracking notification that it’s in a fedex truck out for delivery. Couldn’t figure out how that happened if the gave it to usps for final delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Outer Rondacker
01-12-2022, 06:08 PM
So my FedEx was said to be delivered on Monday tracking said delivered but it wasnt.. It was on my porch today when I got home. Oh well at least its here.

brassrat
01-12-2022, 10:40 PM
No complaints about the 3 recent boxes from a new supplement co. or Fed ex.

Brick85
01-15-2022, 12:14 AM
It's pretty telling that Reddit has subreddits for FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, and probably any other delivery company you can think of. The posts on the UPS one are largely about getting a job there, USPS has many of the same, DHL is questions about how to do stuff. FedEx, the top post is the "Theft Megathread", a place to put all the threads about theft by FedEx. Big topic is employees stealing PS5 game systems, which come in boxes prominently advertising what they are.

As one user put it:

What you described is what I'm afraid of. FedEx has turned into a legalized theft operation. As long as management is shielded, then the mid and lower levels do literally whatever they want. In this case "lose" your package, give you the run around until you get a refund from the seller, and then FedEx personnel keep the goods.

This in a discussion about a manufacturer whose medical devices are routinely listed as delivered by FedEx when they were not.

I certainly know what kind of company I would like to support, and to not support.

Petander
01-15-2022, 06:50 AM
It's s mess.

I bought an expensive book in november, FedEx did everything right and fast,including customs clearing. I paid their bill december 9th.

Now I got a letter to pay that bill immediately - or send a PAPER RECEIPT to the " address above ". No email or phone to contact.

I emailed a receipt to some FedEx Finland addy I had, no reply...

BigAlofPa.
01-15-2022, 10:43 PM
Im having a bit of a delay with my RCBS order.
Updated delivery:
Pending
Initially expected: Thursday, 1/13/2022

Mal Paso
01-20-2022, 08:04 PM
I have another one. Package sat for a week without being scanned. I cancel the order when it doesn't arrive by the due date. The package is found and shipped to Orlando Thursday and it sits there until Monday then magically gets here Tuesday (plane?) but the driver can't deliver it within Fedex's time window. He has to drive past my house and deliver some other packages first.

Idaho45guy
01-22-2022, 05:27 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff a week or so ago and all of it was delivered via either the USPS or UPS. Seems retailers are avoiding FedEx.

Good. All the items arrived on time and in good shape.

Outer Rondacker
01-22-2022, 08:47 AM
I know I am avoiding Fed Ex if I can. Going to place a order with Titan for some lee molds. They will let me use UPS over Midways Fed Ex. Going to cost me more but I dont care.

Brick85
01-27-2022, 11:20 PM
Well, I finally got my RL550 through FedEx. I had filed a police report and let them know, also the member who shipped it informed them. About a week later (last night), it showed up between bed time and leaving for work. Apparently the FedEx fairy showed up!

Someone had opened the package and explored the contents a bit, but everything was there and nothing was damaged. Disappointing but it turned out ok in the end. Just a lot of hassle and wasted time to get what should have been a simple result!

Not sure if the driver took the package and wanted to keep it, or if they dropped it off at Random Road instead and the actual recipient finally got around to bringing it by. Someone definitely forged the signature, but at this point I'm happy to have my stuff!

Iowa Fox
01-28-2022, 12:25 AM
Sunday FedEx dropped a package off on our front porch except its not ours. We looked at the assessors website but can't find that name or address anyplace. I thought if it was someone close I would just drive it over. I called FedEx and explained what happened and gave him the tracking number and our address. Sunday they said they would get it picked up and delivered to the proper address. Its still sitting here as I type.

Outer Rondacker
01-28-2022, 08:45 AM
Well, here I go again. Ordered the parts to fix the PCP rifle and they were shipped fedex. Good heavens. Said to arrive 1/31 we will see.

I placed an order with Titan Reloading and paid almost 20 dollars to ship ups over going with midway using fedex. Its a crapshoot.

Handloader109
01-28-2022, 10:12 AM
Argh. USPS, I've got 3 packages headed this way. two look like they will make it, one just popped up addressee unknown, returning to sender. I've been here 6 years.....

Cosmic_Charlie
01-28-2022, 10:15 AM
FedEx brought me a box of frozen Florida oranges yesterday......

Outer Rondacker
01-28-2022, 03:00 PM
Argh. USPS, I've got 3 packages headed this way. two look like they will make it, one just popped up addressee unknown, returning to sender. I've been here 6 years.....

This is not a fedex gripe rather a usps gripe. I share after reading your post.

Due to C19 My town hall is closed and you have to mail in your property taxes. So, I drive by the town hall and the Tax collector's house. She lives across the street. I drive to the post office and get a money order, stamp, and drive home to address the envelope. Walk out to the mailbox 1400-foot driveway and mail it. Post man picks it up drives it past the town hall and to the post office. It gets send an hour away and sorted then returns to the post office. New post man puts it in the car and claims they cannot find the address; it returns to the post office. Postmaster tells the driver all this mail is for the town hall how could you miss it. Next day in the car again and back to the post office. Gets returned to sorting facility and back to my post office. Out in the car a third time and put back in my box one half a mile from the town hall. I drive it to the Tax collectors house, and she won't answer the door. Stuck it under her windshield wiper. Took a picture. Called her and told her to forget about the Favour she ask me for last week.

Been dyeing to tell that to someone other than the wife. You cannot fix stupid.

Iowa Fox
01-29-2022, 10:11 PM
Sunday FedEx dropped a package off on our front porch except its not ours. We looked at the assessors website but can't find that name or address anyplace. I thought if it was someone close I would just drive it over. I called FedEx and explained what happened and gave him the tracking number and our address. Sunday they said they would get it picked up and delivered to the proper address. Its still sitting here as I type.

After calling Fed Ex to come and pick up the package at out place they never showed to get it. I saw the Fed Ex truck in the area everyday.

Yesterday we had to go to town so I took the package and dropped it off at the Fed EX office. Fed Ex could care less about freight.

Idaho45guy
02-06-2022, 03:57 AM
Springfield Armory is returning my new 10mm handgun frame to me via FedEx. Crap. I went to the website to try and change the delivery method from "signature required" to "leave on front porch". No dice. It is scheduled to be delivered on Monday before 8pm. I work Swing Shift from 2:30 to 11:00 Pm. I tried to leave instructions saying OK to leave with neighbor across street, or no signature required.

FedEx would not let me change anything. I even created an account in an attempt to gain some insider info. No dice. I guess I'll have to see what sort of idiocy FedEx pulls when delivering my pistol frame.

Outer Rondacker
02-06-2022, 10:16 AM
Nope not for a gun frame.