View Full Version : What brand filament?

cheese1566
11-12-2021, 08:22 PM
Going to pull the trigger and order a Creality Ender 3 Pro v2 or Ender 5 Pro while on pre-black Friday sales.

What brand of filament should I get and from where?
Basic black and maybe some red and blue.

Rcmaveric
11-15-2021, 12:13 PM
Amazon Basics, Sunlu are few of the cheap one i like from Amazon. Normally shoot for around 15 bucks a spool seams to be the happy meduim of performance vs economical. I ordered the GST3D bulk order and couldn't be happier. 10 bucks per a spool.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Handloader109
11-16-2021, 09:45 AM
I buy Paramount for petg, is one of the best for that material. ebay or direct from them. Also I use a lot of zyltech materials. also ebay or direct. Pla and petg from them has been good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pastera
11-16-2021, 12:42 PM
3D Solutech mostly

Tokarev
11-19-2021, 11:49 AM
Different brands are slightly different in terms of viscosity and color, so after adjusting the flow and temperature, they all print basically the same.
Different brands refer to the same color in different terms sometimes. For example, from my perspective 3D Solutech's Real White is actually milky white.

Some brands and types need larger nozzles. I was not able to print AMZ3D's wood because it plugged my 0.3mm nozzle every few layers and ruined the part.

MrWolf
11-20-2021, 12:24 PM
Different brands are slightly different in terms of viscosity and color, so after adjusting the flow and temperature, they all print basically the same.
Different brands refer to the same color in different terms sometimes. For example, from my perspective 3D Solutech's Real White is actually milky white.

Some brands and types need larger nozzles. I was not able to print AMZ3D's wood because it plugged my 0.3mm nozzle every few layers and ruined the part.

Thanks, you just reminded me on what I may need to change when printing with petg as I hadn't thought of nozzle diameter. Was having the hardest time getting petg to print. Been awhile as my gf took over my "printer area" to work from home but plan on making an area after the holidays.

bruce drake
11-20-2021, 07:27 PM
Start with PETG filament. Its shrinkage rate is a lot less than PLA and ABS and you'll have a lot more success from the start.