PDA

View Full Version : lee enfield safety gizmo

Frank46
01-14-2009, 04:38 AM
How does one correctly reassemble the dad ratted saftey assembly back on a lee enfield. Spent over an hour fidgiting with it and still right where I started. Thanks Frank

enfield
01-14-2009, 07:38 AM
I just keep turning the two pieces one thread at a time untill it lines up proper when screwed together. I know what you mean , I dont know if there is a proper way but there cant be more than 20 possible positions on the thing. luv those L.E's

KCSO
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Try 303 British.com, I think thay had a link to the armoures manual. I just do same as enfield and usually get it, or hand it to a buddy and tell him it is a puzzle.

obssd1958
01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Frank,

Not sure which version you have, but here is a link to surplus rifles . com, and the disassembly/reassembly instructions for a No.1 Mk3. It's a great site, with lots of info!!

http://www.surplusrifle.com/smle/rifledisassembly/index.asp

Hope this helps...

Don

Frank46
01-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys, the surplus rifle site has the diagram for the #4 series enfields so will study it later. Still cleaning the bbl. Had it soaking overnight with butch's to help get rid of the junk in the bbl. Got desparate and wound a 2x2 cleaning patch around old bore brush and put some rem clean on it and made about 40 trips back and forth. Appears to have removed the bulk of whatever junk was in the barrel. Ah well keeps me off the streets. Frank