PDA

View Full Version : Why Can I Not Stay Signed In?

alamogunr
11-07-2021, 05:00 PM
Something has changed in the last couple or weeks or so. I have to sign in every time I access the forum. Prior to this, I was able to stay signed in. Granted it is only a convenience issue, but still an aggravation.

What can I do/

Martin Luber
11-07-2021, 05:15 PM
I think its your computer. My iPad keeps me logged in so long, l don't know my password anymore.

ShooterAZ
11-07-2021, 05:23 PM
Something has changed in the last couple or weeks or so. I have to sign in every time I access the forum. Prior to this, I was able to stay signed in. Granted it is only a convenience issue, but still an aggravation.

What can I do/

Try clearing your cache, or it could be a cookie problem as well. When you login, make sure the keep me logged in box is checked.

alamogunr
11-10-2021, 03:22 PM
The 'Keep Me Logged In" has always been checked. I don't know where to clear cache. My security program supposedly deletes cookies periodically.

It may be my security program that is causing the problem but I can't find where to correct that either.

slim1836
11-13-2021, 09:27 PM
I know nada when it comes to computers, but, I will add something in my own terminology.

Somewhere I think, in your computers settings, is something like "clear history after closing"(or something like that). If that is checked or enabled, this may be the reason you have to log in all the time.

Now that everyone is through laughing, please explain what I'm try to say and if this may be the reason you're having issues.
I haven't enjoyed even a beer today, this is just how ignorant I am on this subject.

Slim

alamogunr
11-14-2021, 01:17 AM
It is kind of late for me but I'll look into it tomorrow. I'm not laughing. I've tried everything that has been suggested both here and other places. When I retired, I considered myself somewhat literate about computers. After 15 years, I'm worse than just about anyone.

John Boy
11-14-2021, 09:52 AM
For initial or logged out web sites, use a browser that like Firefox creates a file of your logons and passwords by web site address

No_1
11-16-2021, 03:32 AM
I know nada when it comes to computers, but, I will add something in my own terminology.

Somewhere I think, in your computers settings, is something like "clear history after closing"(or something like that). If that is checked or enabled, this may be the reason you have to log in all the time.

Now that everyone is through laughing, please explain what I'm try to say and if this may be the reason you're having issues.
I haven't enjoyed even a beer today, this is just how ignorant I am on this subject.

Slim

This is usually the problem.