PDA

View Full Version : OK I Am Done

seabreeze133
01-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Well, we packed our trash and moved from Henderson, Nv to Holiday Island, Ar. close to kids/grandkids/ brother and my new grandsonson in law. I am suffering from withdrawel pangs as I have not found a place to pop caps. PLUS all MY stuff is in storage. The ammo/powder/primers/brass is in storage. The Dillon and sundry other reloading gear is in storage in Henderson. Brother is keeping the M14, savage 340 and 12 FV. But the woman of the house has all her goods around her.

SO, anyone know of range facilities close to Eureka Springs/Holiday Holiday Island/Berryville?

Yes there are ELK in Arkansas. Plus Mr. Piggy. PLUS the front yard had nine, yes nine, doe walking across within 444 range. But..........the old people neighbors would have had apoplexy at the sound of 444 marlin in the afternoon. Sigh.

Yes I am looking for sympathy.

Cheers..

Don

docone31
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Put a plastic bag over the muzzle.
I am not sure I could part with mine. My wife knows that. We are thinking of making a move one day, possibly to Henderson.
What an irony.
Good luck in your new home. I bet you find either a range fairly soon, or a farmer who talks our language.
Lots of deer there.

sniper7369
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Man, that just sucks. :(
It's funny how it's always OUR stuff that winds up in storage eh? :confused: You have my sympathy. Check out some of the local gun shops, they'll know where you can pop some caps. Then get out and shoot. :-)

jhalcott
01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Sympathy! ain't that between sweat and syphylis in the dictionary??
On a lighter note, I am sorry for your pain. Maybe those old neighbors have lousy hearing. They just might think a storm is coming.

docone31
01-13-2009, 11:14 PM
They just might like Venison also.
One never knows.

part_timer
01-13-2009, 11:44 PM
:kidding: 2 liter pop bottle will keep the neighbors in side where they belong. Congrats on the move

Dan Cash
01-14-2009, 12:15 AM
You are now where I was 4 years ago. Last month, I finally got my Dillons unpacked and set up. I finally cranked out ammo two days before Christmas. Dear God in heaven, it feels sooo goood. Hope you find good places to expend ammo.

NSP64
01-14-2009, 12:33 AM
NRA lists 'the gunman of arkansas 3124 highway 21 north berryville 870-423-1081'
www.thegunman.com hope this helps.

Looks like they have outdoor pistol and rifle to 300yrds.

Damn this place is nicer then where I shoot.

defib
01-14-2009, 01:57 AM
hey put a salt lick in your garage shoot one & shut the door and run out to see what happened with the other neighbors. just kidding!

Russel Nash
01-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Berryville, AR is the home of the International Defensive Pistol Association (idpa.com)

Methinks there is gotta be a range close by.

Not to mention Bill Wilso (of Wilson Combat, the uber expensive 1911 gunsmithing company) is the president of IDPA.

There used to be a place called CASA

Central

Arkansas

Shooter's

Association

where they held the IDPA National Championship matches for several years in a row, like in 2006, 2005, and possibly 2004.

If you don't know what IDPA is just click on the link below .

PatMarlin
01-14-2009, 03:08 AM
300 whisper.

Boerrancher
01-14-2009, 09:03 AM
45-70 with 405gr cast on top of 11 gr of Unique. Shoots at about 900 fps, well below the speed of sound, but fast enough to put the hurt on a deer walking across your front yard. Out of my Sharps you can hear the hammer fall and and the muzzle blast is more like a cork coming out of a wine bottle. Just a, "snap, pop," is all that is heard. If there is any nose in the house at all when shooting off the back deck the wife doesn't hear a thing.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Halo_Ranger
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
CASA range is by Little Rock. Great place and friendly people. Wife and I drove up there from North Texas for an USPSA match.

blackthorn
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
You can try what I did, and go round to the neighbors, introduce yourself and while there casually mention that you are a shooter. Then I told them that sometimes I fireform cases using powder but no bullet so if they heard shooting not to worry about flying bullets. Now all I have to do is convince the wife to let me shoot the "cute little deer". Get closer every time another rose bush disapears. Have a great day!!

EMC45
01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Berryville, AR is the home of the International Defensive Pistol Association (idpa.com)

Methinks there is gotta be a range close by.

Not to mention Bill Wilso (of Wilson Combat, the uber expensive 1911 gunsmithing company) is the president of IDPA.

There used to be a place called CASA

Central

Arkansas

Shooter's

Association

where they held the IDPA National Championship matches for several years in a row, like in 2006, 2005, and possibly 2004.

If you don't know what IDPA is just click on the link below .

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Hardcast416taylor
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
During WW2 the french would use a 10" piece of their hard bread with the ends cut off over the pistol muzzle. A muffled pop and another german going to the promised land and the frenchman had a better weapon the german wouldn`t need. [smilie=1::roll: Robert

PatMarlin
01-14-2009, 05:51 PM
45-70 with 405gr cast on top of 11 gr of Unique. Shoots at about 900 fps, well below the speed of sound, but fast enough to put the hurt on a deer walking across your front yard. Out of my Sharps you can hear the hammer fall and and the muzzle blast is more like a cork coming out of a wine bottle. Just a, "snap, pop," is all that is heard. If there is any nose in the house at all when shooting off the back deck the wife doesn't hear a thing.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Seriously love that idea. I'm thinking one of my plain base heavy LEE .458's.

catkiller45
01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah man,I know how your feeling..I just moved and all my loading gear is in storage as well..I am moving into a high rise and I suppose they will have a fit when they find out I am reloading in there..I will have to find some way to be sneaky about it...I heard they sometimes want to check out the place to see if your keeping the place clean and all that happy horse ####..Got any idea how I can do this...I'm open to ideas here..John