PDA

View Full Version : I feel so much better now !

gwpercle
11-01-2021, 07:41 PM
I was feeling sorta down ... So I thought I would listen to some Chuck Berry music on my computer ... just hundreds of songs on there and listening to old school Rock and Roll is always uplifting ... so as I'm picking out my favorites I notice on the right side of the screen a list of things you can listen to ... I;m listening to "You Never Can Tell" and looking for "Promised Land" to listen to ... when I see ... Jerry Clower and his "Coon Huntin Story"
...Well after seeing WolfDogs story on Coon Huntin ... I got to hear Jerry's (it's been years ) Oh Lordy Have Mercey ... that was so funny and laughing must do you good .
Next up was Jerry's "Rat Killing" story ...had to listen ... had to laugh .
!
And I want to tell you right here and now ... Laughter is a powerful good medicine ,
I feel 100% more better and life seems good again .

I will have to admit ... I have hunted coons and we had Rat Killings in my Uncle's barn . I'm not sure if first hand experience makes it funny ... but I laughed so hard ...I need to go pee before I hear any more Jerry .

Gary

GhostHawk
11-01-2021, 09:03 PM
You are right, laughter is the best medicine.

I know people who the doctors say had terminal cancer. Cut out the stress, switched to a healthier diet, and worked hard at laughing a minimum of half hour a day. Was still around some 8-10 years after they said they would be dead.

Three44s
11-02-2021, 02:34 AM
“Knock him down John!”

“ ..... it were a Lynx .............. we call them a SOUPED UP BOBCAT .....”

Jerry Clower is the only performer that comes close to my personal favorite, Red Skelton.

Great stuff!

Three44s

granville_it
11-02-2021, 03:05 AM
I'm it...

"Personal favorite, Red Skelton"

Mark

starnbar
11-02-2021, 08:55 AM
“Knock him down John!”

“ ..... it were a Lynx .............. we call them a SOUPED UP BOBCAT .....”

Jerry Clower is the only performer that comes close to my personal favorite, Red Skelton.

Great stuff!

Three44s

How about in my neighborhood all the women try to impress their husbands by making biscuit in the morning but they don't make them cat head biscuit they get em out of a paper tube or sleeve.

lightman
11-02-2021, 10:00 AM
I set my laptop on my loading bench and listen to music when I'm doing case prep. And mostly I listen to songs from my high school years. After you search Youtube for a song a list of songs from that era will pop up on the right side of my screen. It helps relieve the monotony of doing case prep.

bedbugbilly
11-02-2021, 11:32 AM
Laughter is the best medicine!

And oh yea . . . Chuck Berry! Been a long time since I listened to any of his songs but it made me go look some up and listen to them again . . . and like posted above, I also often sit my laptop on the bench and listen to the old songs as I putz around. First song I pulled up for Chuck Berry was "Rock and Roll Music" . . always liked that one. In the video I pulled up, he was singing it with Tina Turner . . . they made a good duet and it was fun to watch it and listen to it . . . plus . . . I never figured that Tina Turner was too hard on the eyes either. :-)

Murphy
11-02-2021, 11:57 AM
Yep, classic music from our youth, and humorists from the same era
can work magic on a person.

Murphy

gwpercle
11-02-2021, 01:49 PM
Laughter is the best medicine!

And oh yea . . . Chuck Berry! Been a long time since I listened to any of his songs but it made me go look some up and listen to them again . . . and like posted above, I also often sit my laptop on the bench and listen to the old songs as I putz around. First song I pulled up for Chuck Berry was "Rock and Roll Music" . . always liked that one. In the video I pulled up, he was singing it with Tina Turner . . . they made a good duet and it was fun to watch it and listen to it . . . plus . . . I never figured that Tina Turner was too hard on the eyes either. :-)

Chuck Berry and Tina Turner ... WOW ! ... I would have loved to be at that concert ...
Talk about a Whole Lotta Shaking Going on ... Tina Turner could shake it and Chuck Berry could rattle and roll !
Gary

Wild Bill 7
11-02-2021, 02:11 PM
Red Skelton is the best. Listen to his rendition of the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag. You would think his rendition was done yesterday.

kevin c
11-02-2021, 02:19 PM
Future DIL found me listening to some fifty year old country while I was behind the press. I think it convinced her that the future FIL was OK after all.