PDA

View Full Version : My First Kit Build

snipin101
10-30-2021, 06:22 PM
Hello all. I decided that now things are slowing down here at the farm I would enjoy putting a kit together. I received it today. Just looking through parts and instructions and it had a peice I can't see where it goes. It is a traditions Kentucky deluxe rifle kit. Thankshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211030/e969f8c483a2b0a353baf37e3c31fbe5.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

imashooter2
10-30-2021, 06:43 PM
Looks like a spring to hold the rod? Would fit into the interior of the stock on the barrel end.

But it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong. :lol:

snipin101
10-30-2021, 06:56 PM
Yep that makes great since. I put it in where it goes and it works for that. Thank you. Can't wait to start this project.

LAGS
10-30-2021, 07:15 PM
Good luck on your project.
That kit should be easy to finish and assemble.
I am finishing up a Traditions Crocket rifle for my wife in .32 cal.
I put together a Traditions .50 cal St Louis Hawkens last year.
Both are great , and look fantastic.
Do you intend to hunt with your new rifle ?.
That part you asked about is the ramrod retaining spring that is held in by one of your lock screws

snipin101
10-30-2021, 08:34 PM
No I don't plan to hunt with it. Just get out and shoot it. Me and friends get together and shoot steel at ranges out to 450 yards and pistols and whatever. It seems pretty easy to put together and all but I hope to go a little over just putting it together. I have some stuff in mind that will make it a better rifle hopefully in the way it shoots and the way it looks. I will post pictures when I get it done for sure.

LAGS
10-30-2021, 10:29 PM
I too do little Upgrades on the rifle Kits.
Like on my wife's Crocket Rifle , I added a brass patch box and a brass lock side plate to replace the two brass washers that came with the kit.
She also has a family thing with Dragonflies.
So I installed a brass one on the left side of the stock.
And I sweat soldered one to the lid on the patch box.
On the Hawken.
I Lichtenberg burned patterns into the stock.
Once she shoots her rifle , I will see if the factory sights work well for her eyes.