PDA

View Full Version : Anybody disgusted with amazon prime delivery ?

myg30
10-30-2021, 09:29 AM
Shame that we still pay for what used to be 2 day delivery w/prime membership.
The sad fact that 90% of things we order never make it to the house in less than 3-4 days or longer, even when checking out shows delivery two days away.
When I ask amazon where’s my package they try to blow it off or offer a small discount to make up for it.
If I need a repair part asap I’m counting on delivery as told.
How about y’all ? Do you expect to get what you pay for ??

Mike

Smoke4320
10-30-2021, 09:48 AM
yes. Prime is losing a number of the promised benefits

Cast10
10-30-2021, 09:53 AM
I’ve had pretty good luck here. Video, Music, and delivery OVERNIGHT. However, I’m close to a warehouse, too.
Sometimes they slip. I’ve noticed where their pricing sometimes is same as retail, as well as shipping is higher. All in all, they’re keeping goods flowing IMHO.

BJK
10-30-2021, 10:16 AM
Prime shipping is definitely NOT what it used to be. Sometimes it takes days to just get out of the warehouse and get to the shipper. But it's not just Amazon. I have a part that is supposed to be delivered today but it's stuck in CT 400(?) miles away.

Kraschenbirn
10-30-2021, 10:38 AM
We, normally, get our Prime deliveries in 1-2 days...sometimes overnite if order is placed before 2PM...but we're only about two hours from Amazon's Chicago distribution center. Biggest delays seem to come when order is shipped from an outside source and handed off to USPS for delivery. I've had stuff arrive as much as two days after tracking showed delivery to our local PO branch (4 miles away).

Bill

Char-Gar
10-30-2021, 10:47 AM
No problems here.

Froogal
10-30-2021, 11:04 AM
I'm far enough out to KNOW that being a PRIME member would have NO benefits for me, so I've never became a member.

ShooterAZ
10-30-2021, 11:11 AM
Amazon's orders have gone WAY up in the last 18 months. This fact coupled with the USPS slowdown and the other carriers being overwhelmed. I chalk it up to more "Supply Chain" problems. The bad part is that it's only going to get far worse as we approach the Christmas holiday.

badguybuster
10-30-2021, 11:15 AM
As much as I hate to support amazon.....I like my 1 to 2 day deliveries

bedbugbilly
10-30-2021, 11:18 AM
When we are in Michigan . . . it takes longer

When we are in Arizona . . . we get it quicker

I put a lot of that on just where the distribution centers are located and order volume

white eagle
10-30-2021, 11:47 AM
I just ordered a Lee Universal expander die
the first time it came all I got was a empty box where the die should have been
returned and the next time the die came but outside of the product box with the box next to it

MUSTANG
10-30-2021, 12:19 PM
Only reason I keep prime is because we can select what "Free" Movies and old TV programs we want to watch. 2 Day shipping averages 7 to 10 days for us at either the Montana or Southern Nevada houses.

dverna
10-30-2021, 12:33 PM
I have been very pleased and I live in the middle of the state forest in northern MI. I have been ordering air gun pellets that have taken three weeks or so to deliver but that was noted when I placed the order...they shipped free. Last item was a walker and it arrived in two days, as promised. If an item cannot arrive in two days, it is flagged when ordered so we can decide to accept the longer lead time or cancel the order.

I am glad some people are complaining....maybe they well drop Prime and improve delivery times for those of us who appreciate not having to drive 50 miles return trip (to a city of 4000 that may not have what we want anyway) to get stuff.

slohunter
10-30-2021, 01:18 PM
Not me , never used it!

Mal Paso
10-30-2021, 01:41 PM
I can't get their movies or music, 2 day shipping has become whatever so I fired 'em.

Idaho45guy
10-30-2021, 02:11 PM
Only reason I keep prime is because we can select what "Free" Movies and old TV programs we want to watch. 2 Day shipping averages 7 to 10 days for us at either the Montana or Southern Nevada houses.

Same here. I have actually received items in 3 days before. But I joined for free shipping, photo hosting, and the TV. My Prime membership is cheaper than Netflix and has better selection of TV shows and movies, plus comes with the music, free shipping, and photo hosting.

I will gladly wait a couple of days more for stuff in exchange for living in a nearly crime-free rural area.

Shawlerbrook
10-30-2021, 02:19 PM
We are in unique times. High prices, poor service and sporadic inventory. And I don’t see it improving soon.

PhilC
10-30-2021, 02:21 PM
Not me , never used it!
Same here, no value to me whatsoever.

fastdadio
10-30-2021, 02:29 PM
Same here.
I will gladly wait a couple of days more for stuff in exchange for living in a nearly crime-free rural area.
There is hidden value here that many fail to realize.
One thing that I don't like about Amazon delivery, is the seedy looking characters that show up to make the deliveries. Usually a bunch of 'woke' looking city boys that make me wonder if they're casing my hood during business hours. No problems so far, so it must just be me judging people by their looks. I do that because it works for me.

snowwolfe
10-30-2021, 02:31 PM
I was a Prime member for years then dropped it due to slow deliveries. Two years ago they offered a military discount on Veterans Day so I rejoined. Promises continued to be broken so I didn’t rejoin Prime. I might rejoin if they offered another promotion.

BJK
10-30-2021, 04:31 PM
Not really complaining, me anyway, just an observation. I use Amazon for things I can't get locally and I won't drive 90 miles to get them. I don't want to drive or give my $ to the commie woke southern Maine. That would be Portland, actually anything south of Augusta. It's not 100% woke and commie, there are exceptions down there but the exceptions don't dare make themselves known down there.

We get our $ worth with Prime with the movies and the "free" shipping.

But the part (laser/light combo) that FedEx tracking told me was stuck in CT? Delivered today as scheduled. I guess it wasn't scanned. It could have been worse. But it's in place and sighted in.

MTMountainman
10-30-2021, 05:59 PM
No use to me in Montana. I hate supporting Bezos and Amazon on anything, but many times they are the only game in town. But to answer your question, NO. Never took Prime because I would never have seen 2 day shipping and that would be the only value to me. Movies and music aren't for me.

tankgunner59
10-30-2021, 06:57 PM
I don't use prime. I use Amazon only when I have to.

Mal Paso
10-30-2021, 08:18 PM
No use to me in Montana. I hate supporting Bezos and Amazon on anything, but many times they are the only game in town. But to answer your question, NO. Never took Prime because I would never have seen 2 day shipping and that would be the only value to me. Movies and music aren't for me.

Welcome to the forum! It says 2013 though, keeping a low profile?

MrWolf
10-30-2021, 08:31 PM
Slowed down for me. Was two days now a week or so which has gotten a lil better. I do compare to Walmart at times or Home Depot if my order is $35 or more. Basically keep it for the movies.

imashooter2
10-30-2021, 08:45 PM
Over the year it is worth it to us in the free shipping for two households and streaming for same. The shipping times have gotten worse, but I would get the same poor times paying for each instance.

MT Gianni
10-30-2021, 08:47 PM
I am not sure there is a better alternative. I have ordered stuff from other companies that take a week to package and ship. We still get ours UPS or USPS.

David2011
10-30-2021, 08:59 PM
When we moved from sparsely populated SE New Mexico to the Houston area I was happy to be able to buy pretty much anything I wanted “locally.” The reality is that the population is roughly double what it was when I left the area 23 years ago and driving has changed here. Most but not all Prime deliveries are on time.

I find myself shopping more options lately, though. Amazon wants to sell quantities or combinations that I don’t need or want. Amazon has had lots of reviews where the quantity advertised didn’t match the quantity delivered lately, too.

BunkTheory
10-30-2021, 09:11 PM
cant even buy chore bore copper scrubbers without having a prime membership. ALOT of items require you to have a prime membership

GhostHawk
10-30-2021, 09:27 PM
When the Covid hit shipping times in general took a big hit.

Amazon was from my experience among the first to recover.

Since then they finished an Amazon Distribution center here, and now we often get things in 1 day or less than a day.
Some things still take 3-5 but some of that is other company's selling on Amazon and their slower handling of orders.

Too many times to count I would track something 2 days after it should have been here and it still had not yet been picked up.

I won't be cancelling my prime membership any time soon but YMMV.

Burnt Fingers
10-31-2021, 01:49 PM
cant even buy chore bore copper scrubbers without having a prime membership. ALOT of items require you to have a prime membership

Get a child to help you. You don't need to be a Prime member to buy those. You just have to pay shipping.

I ordered some stuff this morning. Most of it will be here this afternoon, the other item will be here tomorrow.

derek45
10-31-2021, 02:11 PM
Around here....

UPS - gets it done

Amazon - gets it done, sometimes a day or two late.

USPS and FEDEX - drunk monkeys and angry beavers that fail with regularity

alfadan
10-31-2021, 03:53 PM
I stopped using them because of their censorship BS. I found there are many places online that sell stuff too.

Idaho45guy
10-31-2021, 04:52 PM
There is hidden value here that many fail to realize.
One thing that I don't like about Amazon delivery, is the seedy looking characters that show up to make the deliveries. Usually a bunch of 'woke' looking city boys that make me wonder if they're casing my hood during business hours. No problems so far, so it must just be me judging people by their looks. I do that because it works for me.

I had never seen an Amazon van until I visited my daughter in Seattle last month. Around here, most of the Amazon stuff goes through either the USPS or Fed-Ex. All locals, so always pleasant and smiling when I meet them.

Traffer
10-31-2021, 05:40 PM
Three months ago I had an order that didn't arrive...I ended up talking to a big wig after about 5 calls...Bottom line...Get used to it folks. All delivery systems are in chaos. USPS probably the worst. They had to hire many many more people...scraping the bottom of the barrel....consequence...not enough workers and the ones they have are irresponsible and lazy.

higgins
10-31-2021, 06:43 PM
I'm disgusted with looking up a movie I want to watch and being told I'd have to rent or buy it. The TV is good, but they screw you on movies unless you're willing to rent them.

David2011
10-31-2021, 08:44 PM
I spoke too soon. I ordered some Loctite pipe thread sealer and some electronic switches early Friday, scheduled for delivery today. Amazon showed that it was delivered by USPS. USPS says they left in my mailbox this afternoon. It’s not in my mailbox or that of any of our immediate neighbors. We live in a cul-de-sac of just 5 houses. I’ll give them their 24 hours but the post office should have had it in the mailbox if that’s what their tracking shows. I’m assuming it’s a USPS last mile issue.

BJK
10-31-2021, 11:20 PM
I'm disgusted with looking up a movie I want to watch and being told I'd have to rent or buy it. The TV is good, but they screw you on movies unless you're willing to rent them.

Ummm, no. You just need to filter your movies to get the freebies and read the text. They won't do it for you.

OMG! Am I defending Bezos? I hope I was instructing.

kayala
10-31-2021, 11:26 PM
I’ve dropped my prime couple years ago. Don’t miss it. I still shop at Amazon, it just takes up to week sometimes and I’m totally fine with it (most of the times it’s still 2-4 days).

BunkTheory
11-01-2021, 12:02 AM
Get a child to help you. You don't need to be a Prime member to buy those. You just have to pay shipping.

I ordered some stuff this morning. Most of it will be here this afternoon, the other item will be here tomorrow.

read the fine print, on many things you cant ORDER unless you have a prime membership, and some other things you also need to have a certain amount of items or price total in your cart before you can order things.

Idaho45guy
11-02-2021, 03:39 PM
My latest example of USPS efficiency...

Ordered a small frame adapter for a Glock. The size and weight of a thimble. Company down in Vegas shipped it the next day and said it would be here in 3 days.

Nope. It has taken the US Postal Service 4 days to get it 400 miles. It still has another 700 miles to go, so who knows how much longer it will take.

myg30
11-02-2021, 04:17 PM
You’ll be lucky when and if you get it that the package isn’t torn and the item missing.

Ya think if enough amazon prime customers complained about the postal service delivery they would put the heat on them to shape up ?

My buddy is a mail carrier and there office tells them Amazon packages are PRIORITY DELIVERY OVER THE MAIL !!! They also get them late in their office from the other postal service centers.
And yes it will get worse for Christmas !

Mike

Tripplebeards
11-02-2021, 06:02 PM
I get tired of buying items listed as “new” from Amazon and they come “open boxed returns” or used. I try not use them unless I can’t find iwhat I’m looking for anywhere else. I do like the free returns.

ulav8r
11-02-2021, 10:04 PM
Left my mom's van at the Chevy dealer last week for repair. Got a call Friday that two needed parts were not availab le new. One used one was available in Canada. The new parts would be $2000 if available, the used one would be $1000. Placed an order with Rock Auto, price was under $800 before taxes, stated delivery was Wednesday of this week. A few hours later got an email that the parts were shipped(packed and labeled, waiting for pickup). The parts were here before noon Monday. The parts received were AC Delco, same part numbers that the dealer gave me, but made in China.

As for Amazon, an occasional issue but not too bad. About 3 weeks ago I ordered a water heater new but damaged original packaging. Received one that was damaged and not in original packaging. Immediately returned it and re-ordered. Got that one in original package that had one small boo boo but the water heater was not damaged. Minor inconvenience but worth the nearly $300 savings over new prime pricing.

0verkill
11-03-2021, 06:02 AM
I don't much care for Jeff Bezos getting tax breaks and preferential treatment from the government. He's got enough friends and can do without my money.

Mal Paso
11-03-2021, 08:50 AM
read the fine print, on many things you cant ORDER unless you have a prime membership, and some other things you also need to have a certain amount of items or price total in your cart before you can order things.

That may be why I spend more money elsewhere now, if they want to lose sales, fine. I buy for business and always check prices. I've given up on their shipping, if the part is critical I don't order from amazon.

Audible is awful. Their app is garbage. The whole organization has gone downhill fast.

Scrounge
11-03-2021, 09:01 AM
I've been disgusted with them on and off for several years. Especially today. Was supposed to get a fairly expensive dash camera that my wife wanted badly yesterday. She's sick enough and fragile enough that anything I can get for her, I do. Particularly when she's going to pay me back for it. They finally show that the carrier picked it up this morning. No clue when it will be delivered. I can ask for my money back tomorrow, but they've had $300+tied up for 3 days now. Been telling them for the past 3 years or so not to offer what they cannot deliver. And can't talk my wife out of staying with Amazon Prime. She's buying most of our groceries from them, since she doesn't have to leave her keyboard to do it. I still wind up going to the grocery store several times a week to get stuff they don't have or are out of. We're not a business, but I've been working on fixing up my shop, and trying to get some projects done there and around the house, and they keep not being able to deliver one thing that I need to complete a project. It irrigates me.

Bill

daengmei
11-03-2021, 02:59 PM
Come on guys, they let you build a fortune[smilie=l:https://www.amazon.com/Lego-999-Silver-Hand-Poured/dp/B07JYB9LPF/ref=sw_ttl_bmx_gp_3b2owoxn_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07JYB9LPF&pd_rd_w=gJZbm&pf_rd_p=2afd2d47-a394-44e0-a894-571a931f3284&pf_rd_r=PK98QR7RG4GQ35SG7GH4&pd_rd_r=3d80938d-f5c2-4423-a992-c45c7ee1f222&pd_rd_wg=KsJX1

ruger1980
11-03-2021, 07:10 PM
The way I see it there are two aspects to the issue at hand. Actual shipping times and issues and time to ship.
I personally have more issue with the issue it take 3-7 to actually ship the package than the ship times which are usually 1-3 days.

That being aside the last order seems to be lost and I have had to order anther faucet cartridge to make honey happy

BigAlofPa.
11-03-2021, 07:34 PM
I do not use prime. I can wait for my items.

Idaho45guy
11-15-2021, 04:27 PM
I do not use prime. I can wait for my items.

I use Prime and I still have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for my packages.

I ordered "Let's Go Brandon" stickers on November 9th. Will fit in a standard envelope. Wanted to give them to friends that were leaving this week for Arizona for the winter.

3-day delivery, my caboose!

They were shipped/mailed the next day. The 10th. Today is the 15th. Amazon says estimated time of delivery is between the 17th and 25th!

Possibly 16 days to receive an envelope???

Amazon is quickly becoming a joke.