PDA

View Full Version : New mold

Renofish
10-27-2021, 09:54 PM
I just finished casting some 135 grain hollow point bullets for my Beretta 92D 9mm. I powder coated the bullets and sized to 358. I also lubed them for added barrel protection. I find that they just perform better for me and have not had any leading in any of my handguns in the last 5 years.
I had Bullseye powder and Winchester Super Handicap powder.
I could not find a load on the internet for WSH powder so knowing the burn rating I came up with a starting load of 4.0 grains that cycled the hand gun well and shot tight groups.

I also find WSH to be a heavy dense powder. It lends itself well for 380 and 9mm cartridges as a easy to run through my Redding powder measure and takes up little space in the case.

Since pistol powder is not easy to come by, try experimenting with some of the shotgun powder(s) that you might have on hand.

Look at a powder rate chart and you should be able to find a safe starting load.

Remember powder chart ratings are listed from fastest to slowest.
They are determined their ratings by weight, not volume.

Plan your loads safely, start light and go from there.

If any others have experimented with the 135 gr. Cast bullets I would like to hear about your results.

Safe shooting!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ed_Shot
10-28-2021, 08:11 AM
The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center has Win WSF load data for 9MM. While no specific load for 135 gr., your WSF 4.0 gr. load is in the window for their 147 gr. data. I really like WSF for 9MM 120~125 gr. boolits, my go-to load is 4.5 gr.