PDA

View Full Version : Any Serious SW Top Break Collectors Out There?

Rfeustel
10-27-2021, 09:18 PM
Hello,

Today I (sadly) parted with my S&W top break collection. Owing to a demanding job and having a 5 year old, I didn't have the time to offer it by the piece. Plus there's the laws in CA that make it difficult. So I used a broker that I respect. In lieu of privately offering it to the community, if anyone serious collector has any interest PM me and I'll email you the links to the gunbroker auctions when they start, probably in December. The collection includes rare configurations (including some of the few know pieces with lanyards) and the piece listed on p. 120 of "Smith & Wesson, 1857 - 1945" by Neal and Jinks. A number of pieces are from Duffy's collection. A number have letters.

Here are some pics that don't do them justice.

Oyeboten
10-28-2021, 02:44 AM
PM inbound..!

gwpercle
10-28-2021, 11:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss .
I don't guess having one 38 DA top break can be considered a collection ... but it was my Grandfathers and my Mother passed it along to me 38 DA 4th model , not rare , not valuable and it was well used . My Mom told me ... " if it wasn't for all the small game he killed with it (during the Great Depression ) we would have starved slap to death "... there were 8 in the family and times were hard . He got the revolver as payment for shoeing a man's mule !
Since I live in the backward state of Louisiana ... I'm allowed to keep it ... for the time being .
Gary

Der Gebirgsjager
10-28-2021, 12:35 PM
How unfortunate. It must have take a lot of time and money to assemble a collection like that. I'll bet much of it would have sold here on this forum, but I do understand the convenience of disposing of it all at once. Best wishes.

DG

Walks
10-28-2021, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear of your frustration.
I have a very fine "LemonSqueezer" .32S&W that was My Grandmother's.
I can't imagine how hard it is to part with a collection like that.