PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle is through pooping!

Walter Laich
10-27-2021, 08:10 PM
a bit of back-story: several years ago I bought some PC that was supposed to be copper. Did a fantastic job of eliminating leading but the color resembled baby 💩

tried adding different colors only to still have pretty much the same color and even more of the powder

Gritted my teeth and girdled my loins and decided to use this us before moving on to more pleasing colors

Today, Oct 27, I used the last of it up!!! what little was left, which was not enough to sufficiently powder coat a tub of bullets got mixed in with Maroon which still looks maroon even with the small addition of copper

Now on to red, maroon, Ford blue and the smell of victory in the morning (sorry just watche Apocalypse Now, Redux on Nelflix--which explains so much better what was going on). I was in 2/8 Cav - a sister unit of Robert Udvall's 1/9 Cav unit

Kraschenbirn
10-27-2021, 08:28 PM
I did six months with Delta 1/9 late '66 to early '67. Some of our pilots were just about a whacked out as Robt. Duvall's character.

Bill

Doughty
10-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Kraschenbirn, I was with the 1/9 for a couple of months in '71, when they were standing down for the move back to "the World." What a sorry, sorry, state of affairs. Notice I say "they" not "we."

Winger Ed.
10-28-2021, 04:58 PM
what little was left, which was not enough to sufficiently powder coat a tub of bullets got mixed in with Maroon which still looks maroon even with the small addition of copper

That's admirable.
I've had stuff like that, and it ended up going out one of two ways.

I'd put it up on a shelf for 5-6 years, then throw it away.
Or, it would be sitting on a table just a little too close to the trash can...... and 'accidentally' fall in.

Walter Laich
10-29-2021, 06:52 PM
That's admirable.
I've had stuff like that, and it ended up going out one of two ways.

I'd put it up on a shelf for 5-6 years, then throw it away.
Or, it would be sitting on a table just a little too close to the trash can...... and 'accidentally' fall in.

My "problem" if you will, is that I grew up being told to eat my vegetables as there are children in Europe starving. I still have boxes of junk that I keep 'cause someday I just might need it.

Winger Ed.
10-29-2021, 07:23 PM
I grew up being told to eat my vegetables as there are children in Europe starving.

Me too.
When I was a kid, it was all the kids in China.

I wanted to send them all my English peas, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts but that didn't work out so well.