PDA

View Full Version : Platinum lined nipple for Whitworth Rifle

reenactorguy
10-24-2021, 09:03 PM
Anyone got any good sources for a platinum lined nipple for a whitworth rifle? only place i could find one listed was Buffalo arms, but they were out of stock. Thanks guys.

Nobade
10-25-2021, 07:32 AM
As far as I know they are the only US source for platinum lined nipples since Cunyard died. You may find one in the UK, but probably you'll be using Ampco bronze for a while until platinum comes available again.

reenactorguy
10-25-2021, 07:59 AM
Thats kinda what im thinking as well. may get several so i have a few till i can get a platinum. How many shots will an ampco hold up for? Ok having trouble finding them in 5/6x 24 or 8x 1.25 mm. Would a 5/6x 24 work?

Nobade
10-25-2021, 09:22 AM
Depends on what your rifle is tapped for. Those sizes are close but not interchangeable. I'd check track of the wolf, they usually have a good stock of nipples.

Bent Ramrod
10-25-2021, 12:05 PM
I got one for my Parker-Hale Volunteer Rifle from Buffalo Arms Co.

Nice people; I’d misidentified the thread and of course the nipple didn’t screw in, but they sent along the proper threaded one in exchange with no trouble.

A lot of their stuff is technically “out of stock,” but they can get it for you in a pretty short time anyway, if you call or e-mail.