PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Salmon Sandwich

dale2242
10-20-2021, 06:59 AM
We had a good year for fall chinook on the Rogue River here this year.
I was given a 15# fish filleted and vacuum sealed.
I normally cook more than we can eat for one meal.
The leftover fish is crumbled, deboned and mixed with mayo to eat with crackers.
Yesterday I thought i would try something new.
I grilled the fish-mayo sandwich like a grilled cheese.
It turned out great.
Grilled salmon sandwiches and chicken noodle soup for dinner. Yumm!

Wayne Smith
10-20-2021, 08:10 AM
We make salmon patties with the leftover salmon. Similar idea, just with the bread incorporated into the patty.

GregLaROCHE
10-20-2021, 09:06 AM
Years ago salmon in cans was cheaper than tuna. My family would add flour egg and salt to make salmon cakes. I can still remember how good they tasted.

dale2242
10-21-2021, 07:41 AM
Salmon patties are very good.
Crab cakes are one of my favorites.
We won`t be having any crab cakes soon.
Dungeness crabs a re $12 a lb.
An average Dungeness crab weighs 2#.

Lloyd Smale
10-29-2021, 03:59 AM
my favorite with left over fish is cold in the morning for breakfast with some salt sprinkled on it. I do occasionaly take some like you and crumble it and mix it with cream cheese for crackers. Fish is outrageous in price right now. Last year we could buy whitefish from the comercial fisherman locally at there fish market for 7 bucks a lb. This year its 15!!! I can buy ribeye alot cheaper then that. Luckily my son in law does work on there diesel motors for there boats and they give him fish and hes not a fish eater so he gives it to me.

clum553946
10-29-2021, 04:42 AM
We make salmon patties with salmon that we blacken Cajun style first! Really tasty!

warren5421
11-02-2021, 09:10 AM
It was nice when I lived just off the beach. I would catch Flounders, fillet it and have with fried cubed potatoes and eggs over easy. Living in Indiana now you don't see real fresh fish in the stores. Lived on salmon when I was in Alaska. I like fish much better than red meat.

DougGuy
11-02-2021, 10:52 AM
GF makes wonderfully good salmon patties with canned salmon. Royal Red in the can is pretty danged good made into a patty. I don't eat farmed salmon knowingly, I have no idea where the Royal Red fish are caught. Or farmed.

Edit: Well, that made me search and to my relief:

Royal Red Salmon
Royal Red salmon is packed from fresh, prime-quality fish caught in the clear, cold marine waters of Alaska.Aug 23, 2021