PDA

View Full Version : Williams Receiver Sights

Scrounger
01-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I have Williams 5D Receiver sights on several of my lever guns. I've never cared for the Foolproof, it's unnecessarily complicated to use in my opinion, also more expensive and I am cheap. The birds in the trees around here serenade me every time I go outside,"Cheep, cheep, cheep". Whenever you change loads you're shooting in a gun, you basically have to sight in the rifle again. I had a brainstorm awhile ago, why not just buy an extra upper staff or two for each rifle and have them sighted in for different loads? Both the horizontal and vertical adjustment screws are on the upper staff and the beveled lock bushing holds the staff securely in place. Ten seconds to switch staffs and it is already sighted-in for a different load. I just called Williams and the upper staffs are a little over $15 each. I'm going to give this plan a try.

Junior1942
01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I record the sight settings for each load I shoot. It works fine, but your idea is better. I have a spiral notebook for the guns I shoot often, so I keep detailed sight & load info.

Three44s
01-14-2009, 12:09 AM
That's a good idea ..... I think I'll have to do the same!

BTW, my little birdie friends seem to have me pegged as well .... LOL!

Three 44s