PDA

View Full Version : Attention New York Muzzleloaders!

centershot
10-17-2021, 07:39 PM
Just a heads up for those who may not know already. If you hunt in the Southern Tier, we're getting an extra week of muzzleloader season this year! The season runs December 13 thru the 21st then opens again after Christmas, December 26 thru January 1st. What a Christmas present! :-o

beagle74
10-17-2021, 08:00 PM
I've been wishing for that season for years, but alas, I don't hunt deer anymore. Should be a good time, but then again, might be slim pickins with the EHD thing running through the area at the moment.

Old Footman
10-19-2021, 07:29 PM
FYI, Maryland added a "Primitive Hunting Season" last year. Many hunters missed it so this coming February I will be out there with a flintlock.

February 1-3, 2022
Primitive Hunt Days: Hunters may use long bows, recurve bows, flintlock, or sidelock percussion muzzleloaders during these days. The use of telescopic or modern optics is prohibited. Antlered deer taken with long bows and recurve bows will count towards the regular archery bag limit. Antlered deer taken with flintlock or sidelock percussion muzzleloaders will count towards the regular muzzleloader bag limit.

Dancing Bear
01-11-2022, 05:31 PM
Bummer, ended up not being able to take advantage of it. Maybe next year.

Shawlerbrook
01-11-2022, 06:30 PM
Neither did I as me and Mrs shawlerbrook already had 2 deer in the freezer and can’t see Shooting something I am not going to eat. Too bad, because the weather was very nice.

almar
01-12-2022, 12:15 PM
I have to admit, after reading the title and where it was about, i initially said " oh great, what now? Registration for muzzleloaders?"

fiberoptik
01-12-2022, 02:39 PM
I have to admit, after reading the title and where it was about, i initially said " oh great, what now? Registration for muzzleloaders?"

That was my thought as well. Seems about right for them to ban them as “Assault Rifles”. Surely the bad guys are committing horrific crimes with frontloaders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawlerbrook
01-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Thought the exact same thing and I live here.