PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a massive burner?

trail troll
01-12-2009, 04:51 PM
We were scrapping a hot water heater at work recently,,,, a really big one, 420,000 btu if I read right,,,,,,, and when I saw the burner I could not let it hit the scrap bin. My wife hates me for this but you just can't throw good junk like this away!!!

So if you are thinking of making a larger smelting set up let me know,,, I can get some pics if you are interested. I am not looking to make any money on this but it isn't gonna fit in an envelope so there will be shipping cost.

I know if anyone would want this thing they will be here!

Bill

felix
01-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, Bill, please round up some pics. ... felix

No_1
01-12-2009, 07:06 PM
That thing is gonna need a huge regulator and a direct hook up to the NG meter.

R.

BTW, it may be "junk" to her but to us it is GEAR!

MT Gianni
01-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Nat gas or propane? 20 feet of 1" pipe will pass 465 cuft of nat gas per hr, 1000 btu per ft you need to be within 23' of the meter. Most regs should handle the flow in summer. There might be excessive drop when your furnace comes on.
Ribbon burners or round? Gianni

trail troll
01-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Well Felix pm éd me first on this so he is at the head of the line, if there is a line.
I will get pics tomorrow at work. It was on a natural gas line, but right now I cant remember the gas pressure from the name tag. I wrote it on the burner though. If this baby is on the MOAS I want an ingot from the maiden run !

will get back to you on the pictures

Bill

felix
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Gianni, we will need all the help we can get on this thing. It may not even be feasible because of dimensions. We only have about 24 inches square of lateral room in which to place the gadget. Also needed would be a design for an easy connect-disconnect to an established household line. Corky might vote this thing down from the start as well. We don't use it enough, and if there is any further tightening of WW, there will be no further need at our location. If that scenario is a reality, then we should package the MOAS for transport to the next user in line, along with the MOAGI (Mother of all gas injectors). ... felix

trail troll
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry for not getting back on this yesterday. The burner is about 12 inches in diameter and is about 9 inches high. Will put up some pics tonight.