PDA

View Full Version : Saint Augustine: What to do???

beechbum444
10-17-2021, 01:13 AM
Morning Gents: On another adventure, found myself in Saint Augustine for a few months (travel nursing), I found one old place called Acme Reloading and its got all kinds of powder and a few other things....Any advice or tips on the things that we are into?????? I also brought the Whaler and fishing the mullet run as well.............

Regards .......

lar45
10-17-2021, 12:12 PM
You could always take a tour of the St. Augustin distillery. They have a triple casked bourbon that is unbelievable. I should have gotten out the credit card and bought a couple of cases to take home. They only sell it in the gift shop.
The fountain of youth is supposed to be there somewhere...

dannyd
10-17-2021, 12:18 PM
Salt Water Range is on US1 North up by the Airport

MUSTANG
10-17-2021, 12:29 PM
Try the San Sebastian Winery and their Port in Saint Augustine at 157 King Street; We have friends who always bring me a couple bottles of the port when they come to visit. It is my favorite Port - and I have drank Port all over the world. The bottle is nice for decoration also.

Bmi48219
10-17-2021, 12:37 PM
Did you self-tour the fort? Don’t know if you are allowed to enter w/o student ID but the Flagler College campus is worth a look. It started out as a luxury hotel built by Flagler as a destination for his railroad. If you’re into history St. Augustine is worth a visit. Pick up a copy of “Oldest City” at the fort and use it to plan some self-directed tours.

cattleskinner
10-21-2021, 12:47 PM
The lighthouse in St Augustine is worth the couple hours it takes to tour the grounds. It is said to be the oldest lighthouse in the country, although during the course of it being there it was moved inland a distance. You can also tour the lighthouse keepers residence.

Green Frog
10-22-2021, 10:25 AM
First and foremost, are you set up for portable reloading during your time there? If not, why not? If Acme still has supplies at reasonable prices, you should accumulate a good stock while you are there. I’d be amazed if Wile E. Coyote hasn’t bought up everything for Road Runner hunting though! You know what you like to shoot so only you can advise yourself as to what you should buy there.

As for non-shooting activities in St Augustine, you already mentioned the fishing, others have mentioned the historical sites, and as time allowed between work and shooting activities, I’d be taking advantage of all of those that struck my fancy, as well as SCUBA diving for me, but this might not be your thing.

Enjoy your stay!
Froggie