PDA

View Full Version : usa-reloads.com Any input?

parrothead600
10-14-2021, 09:38 PM
Has anyone had any experience with usa-reloads.com in Germansville, PA? Their web site look legit, but I see a few "red flags".
First, They say that they have primers available and ready to ship, but no other retailer has any.
Second, They do not accept credit cards. Payment must be made with Zelle, Apple Pay or Cash App.
Third, The address that is listed does not show up on Google Maps (which may just be a flaw in Google maps).
Fourth, I added 2 bricks of primers to my cart and the shipping showed up as $20 flat rate shipping, no HazMat fees were added.
I have always felt that if seems too good to be true, then it most likely is.
Just wondering if this business is legitimate or if it is a scam.

slim1836
10-14-2021, 09:45 PM
I guess you'll just have to formulate your own opinion, I have made mine.

Slim

imashooter2
10-14-2021, 09:47 PM
Let us know if you ever get your money back.

megasupermagnum
10-14-2021, 09:51 PM
It has USA in the name, strike one. They don't take secure payment, strike two. They have an Austin, Texas phone number. Strikeout.

Scam site 100%.

Bmi48219
10-14-2021, 10:15 PM
Check them out with the local BBB. don’t know about ApplePay or Cash App but Zelle is instant and not reversible.
The Germansville Chamber of Commerce is another source to ask.
If it were me I’d pass.

parrothead600
10-14-2021, 10:16 PM
Let us know if you ever get your money back.

I did not complete my order so no money was sent. Just wondering if anyone had any good or bad dealings with this business. Or if anyone lives near Germansville, PA that could provide some insight.

cwtebay
10-14-2021, 10:19 PM
I generally offer to visit their site for pick up and ask for directions. If I can't get that - well..I tell them to pound sand.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Wheelguns 1961
10-14-2021, 10:36 PM
http://https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/usa-reloads-com-review/They get a 0.7 score out of 0-100, with 100 being the best.

ryanmattes
10-14-2021, 11:28 PM
Sam, don't walk, run away.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

imashooter2
10-15-2021, 12:00 AM
I did not complete my order so no money was sent. Just wondering if anyone had any good or bad dealings with this business. Or if anyone lives near Germansville, PA that could provide some insight.

Their “About” page says their retail location is in Manchester Connecticut for me. That is interesting in itself. Are you several hundred miles from Germantown?

ETA: and Google shows that as a garage in a residential neighborhood.

Edit again: Germantown is a neighborhood in Philadelphia, kind of like the Bronx in NYC. It’s a pretty bad neighborhood too.

Big Tom
10-16-2021, 04:34 PM
100% scam - in their FAQ they offer to stop by their "shop" in CT (check the address in google maps/street view...), their address in the "Contact us" is in PA, the phone no. from Austin, TX. The domain was registered on 07-21-2021 and hides the registrant name. No credit card or other payment type that would allow you to get your money back.

Done by some not so bright friends that otherwise would call you to sell you auto-insurance, lower electric fees, or simply would help you with your troubles with the IRS.

Dusty Bannister
10-16-2021, 05:12 PM
While the area code of the contact phone number can be a indicator, who is to say it is a land line? Many people change locations, but leave their cell phone number alone. I think the other flags are valid and would not take chances with the vendor.