PDA

View Full Version : Handles for RCBS 2 hole molds

Rickf1985
10-14-2021, 06:39 PM
I bought some molds the other day and one of them was a 2 hole 45 acp SWC. I figured handles would not be an issue since I have many sets of handles here from several brands but I do not have a single set that will fit the RCBS molds. Even my Lee 6 hole handles will not fit because they are too thick to fit the groove in the mold. But the groove is not as thin as the newer Lee molds. Can someone tell me if I have an oddball mold or are there special handles for RCBS molds? The mold is a 45-255-KT.

Mk42gunner
10-14-2021, 07:23 PM
There's a sticky about what handles fit what molds around here somewhere.

I have found that my RCBS molds need RCBS handles, which are quite spendy for what they are. The Lee six cavity handles are pretty much the ones recommended if you don't mind modifying them to fit, plus they were only $13 a few years ago.

Not sure if Titan has any in stock, but they were keeping pretty much to pre-panic prices, at least the last time I looked at their website.

RObert

Winger Ed.
10-14-2021, 07:27 PM
I've run into that with the older generation of handles.

The thickness is OK, the holes just don't line up.
You can make 'universal' handles if you drill a extra pair of holes in them about 1/4" away from the original ones.

pworley1
10-14-2021, 07:46 PM
I just grind down the Lee handles to fit the RCBS molds.

ShooterAZ
10-14-2021, 07:53 PM
I just grind down the Lee handles to fit the RCBS molds.

Same here, and they will still work on the Lee molds. I do have one set of RCBS handles, and they do work the best for RCBS molds in my experience.

Wild Bill 7
10-14-2021, 09:00 PM
Check midsouth shooters, I just purchased a Lee 9mm 6 banger and handles. Beware that they say 8 day waiting and they aren’t kidding. When they ship it gets to you fast.

FLINTNFIRE
10-14-2021, 10:43 PM
KAL tool and die , red river rick I believe on here , his handles and prices are good and he makes good products , I have bought from him twice for lyman saeco and rcbs , you will not be disappointed .

MT Gianni
10-14-2021, 11:16 PM
RCBS makes great molds, they are just 2 holers which is their only fault. If you don't want to get a set of handles you might be better off selling the mold. I own at least 6 RCBS molds and like them but they do best with handles made for them.