PDA

View Full Version : Herter's Super No. 3

William Yanda
10-12-2021, 09:45 AM
This past weekend I traveled through the Adirondacks with my wife and another couple. Of course the ladies wanted to visit the antique shops. One of the shops had a 1967 Herter's catalog-for $30.
I opted not to purchase, but I did check it for details on the No. 3 Super press that I recently won.
With tax and surcharge, I paid within pennies of the 1967 price.
Now I am looking for a copy of the page with the description of the No. 3 press.
The Universal adapter I ordered from CH/4D was just under what the antique ship wanted for the catalog, but will make the press a flexible, dedicated depriming station. Now I am considering a primer catcher, whether to mount the press upside down or not, and if I want a lighter handle for depriming.
If I recall correctly, the press was available with a short handle for some applications.
Also, if I recall correctly, the handle was described as cast steel rather than cast iron.
The colorful scenery, perfect weather and visit with family was a priceless bonus.

Pressman
10-12-2021, 01:31 PM
William, send me a PM with your email address. I have every Herter's catalog printed.