PDA

View Full Version : one of the best

farmbif
10-11-2021, 12:05 AM
one of the best war movies ive seen in very long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MT7am9cPtI

GregLaROCHE
10-11-2021, 12:25 AM
I tried to look at the link, but it says it wasn’t available. It’s probably because I’m not in the US. Too bad because I really enjoy a good war movie.

M-Tecs
10-11-2021, 12:27 AM
Works for me.

farmbif
10-11-2021, 07:35 AM
true WWII story, with period correct Mosin sniper rifles. true story of Miss Pavilichenko's life and how she became one of the most effective snipers in WWII on and off the battlefield. One of her first combat feats was taking out a German tank with her Mosin.
even included woodie Guthrie's song about her that I guess was a big hit at the time.

farmbif
10-11-2021, 07:46 AM
greg the name of movie is.

Battle for Sevastopol

its probably available to view elsewhere if youtube does not work

Wayne Smith
10-11-2021, 09:01 AM
Saw that one in the theater when it came out. Yes, a good movie.

GregLaROCHE
10-11-2021, 09:41 AM
greg the name of movie is.

Battle for Sevastopol

its probably available to view elsewhere if youtube does not work

I found it in what I think is Russian. I’m still looking.

samari46
10-18-2021, 01:16 AM
Started watching it the other night. When you think about it, shooting out the glass on the view slits on a tank then getting the driver was a pretty simple way of taking out a tank. No rpg's in those days. And darned good shooting by anyone's standards. Frank

poppy42
10-18-2021, 01:31 AM
Lyudmila Pavilichenko, 309 confirmed kills! Considered the most successful female sniper in history. Toured the United States, I believe 1941. She became quite friendly with Eleanor Roosevelt. She had quite a few public appearances here and in Canada. During a public appearance, I believe in Chicago, she is quoted as saying to all the men in the crowd “how long you American men going to hide behind my skirt! if I remember correctly this was before Pearl Harbor and she was trying to convince American men to join the fight against Nazi Germany. You got to give them Russian some credit World War II they fought their butts off! Men and women! Something like 26 million Russians lost their lives fighting the Nazis. Most historians think that the losses were much higher. If you think the battle for Sevastopol was bad check out to siege Leningrad!

eastbank
10-22-2021, 05:59 PM
with out lend lease the death count would have been much higher.

CastingFool
10-22-2021, 07:27 PM
The book "The war of the rats" written by David L. Robbins is a pretty good story, too, albeit a fictional story. There was a movie based on the book, too, but I didn't look it up.

dverna
10-22-2021, 09:56 PM
I read about her a long time ago. A warrior to be feared and respected.

GhostHawk
10-23-2021, 08:17 AM
Very good movie, watched it about a year ago.