PDA

View Full Version : 10 ga reloading supplies not so easy to find

farmbif
10-10-2021, 02:40 PM
a friend was just over shooting some 30-30's with me out back and he was telling me the difficulty he is having just finding any 10 gauge ammo for a shotgun he recently got.
this is one caliber I have never reloaded. seems if I have a newer model mechanic 600 mark5 a die set is available. I'm not so sure my old mec 600's can be converted for 3.5"
ballistic products has some cheddite hulls and a few different wads in stock and precision reloading has some components available.
my first thing is to get good load data and then try to find proper wads and hulls.
does anyone have favorite loads for your 10 gauge? and source for supplies

Harter66
10-10-2021, 06:34 PM
Following ......we have an ancient 2-9/16" double . We probably don't need over 50 cases for 100 rounds .

The Lyman shotshell books are a good start .

There are a couple S&S up with 10 ga stuff .

If I ever find just a few cases odds are I'll go old school for ours with stacked wads .

farmbif
10-10-2021, 06:45 PM
yes I have the Lyman book, there are lots of loads most of them call for rem sp10 wads/no longer made or available in the spots ive looked so far.
I actually have an old Lyman book from the 60's out in the barn somewhere, great idea to maybe go old school stacked cardboard wads.
I'm thinking to get the latest edition of ballistic products mighty 10 gauge manual and while im at it getting latest edition of the advantages manual. seem just in the past 5 I to 7 years a lot of wads are no longer made or available, im hoping the latest manuals will reflect this

skeettx
10-10-2021, 06:56 PM
How close are you to Amarillo, Texas?

I have a LOT of 10 gauge wads.

Mike