PDA

View Full Version : Dillon 650 ring indexer

hunter74
10-09-2021, 11:20 AM
This plastic part is designed to break before anything else, so it kind of does the same job as a share pin.

After I automated my press with a Mark 7 motor, I go through these a lot quicker than before!

Does anyone sit on a 3d drawing of this part, or have seen one on any site? It would be very convenient if I just could get a buddy of mine to print new ones.

In the US Dillon replace them without cost but over here the cost is about 20 dollars each.

Thanks!

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Finster101
10-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Have you looked at the upgrade parts from Unique Tek? You can change the block where the cam index strikes to one with a roller. This has to provide less wear. I used a few of their parts on my 650 and it made the shell plate indexing much smoother. This was easy to verify as I have very little powder spillage now as compared to prior the install.

hunter74
10-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Yes, I have the roller bearings installed. The problem when using a motor is that it has a lot of torque, and you don't have the feeling when somthing is stuck. The clutch is set as low as possible but the problem still exists.

hunter74
10-10-2021, 05:11 AM
I read on another site than a member was thinking about making one in aluminum. Anyone tried or heard about this?

Is it a good idea, because it acts as a share pin, that's a discussion for another time....

10-10-2021, 08:55 AM
It is a loosing proposition…..the rings are made to break. If they don’t break, something else will.

shell70634
10-10-2021, 10:05 AM
The original in my 650 lasted years. The replacements don't last long. It appears to be a different plastic material. I plan on making one from aluminum but very complicated on a manual mill. It will take a lot of hand work.

David2011
10-18-2021, 02:43 AM
The original in my 650 lasted years. The replacements don't last long. It appears to be a different plastic material. I plan on making one from aluminum but very complicated on a manual mill. It will take a lot of hand work.

Do you think a super spacer would make it easier to mill?