PDA

View Full Version : Postal rates are up

Dom
10-04-2021, 07:10 PM
Be aware. Postal rates have increased. I mailed a flat rate padded envelope today. It was $9.30. $8.55 last week. That means all shipping is up. Be aware before you quote a price to some one with shipping..

marlin39a
10-04-2021, 07:28 PM
Cost $9.20 to mail a SFRB.

BigAlofPa.
10-04-2021, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

swingingblock2520
10-04-2021, 07:54 PM
I sent my brother a small package of odds&ends,54R strippers,stripped mosin bolt body that I tigged a butter knife handle on and a Tula hex receiver that I drilled and tapped for a Soviet/Svd side ' rail on it for him and some odds and ends cost more than a package roughly the same weight/size that I sent my twin nieces less than 2wks prior. It was almost a $7.00 difference,$6.91 more than the previous parcel. Granted it’s going to Eastern Washington State from Maryland. But not only is the cost increasing but handling time for regular mail is getting to the point of being as slow as last year. September 26 I mailed some insurance forms back to Local 947 to the lovely lady who handles benefits for my IBB local. As of this evening it’s still not made it to Long Island,Ny from where I am in Maryland roughly an hour west of Baltimore..

bedbugbilly
10-04-2021, 09:01 PM
I discovered this today when I mailed a SFRB and a MFRB - inflation has hit the Post Office - look at it this way . . . . now it costs more to have them lose a package . . .

swingingblock2520
10-04-2021, 09:37 PM
I discovered this today when I mailed a SFRB and a MFRB - inflation has hit the Post Office - look at it this way . . . . now it costs more to have them lose a package . . .

They will still lose about 22% of letters and parcels lol Say bedbugbilly,are you a traveling man?

StuBach
10-04-2021, 11:28 PM
And they announced a few days ago that they are slowing down all mail expectations.

“Starting on October 1, the postal service's current three-day delivery standard for first-class mail — letters, bills, tax documents and the like — will drop to delivery anywhere within the U.S. within five days. In other words, Americans should now expect that letters and other mail could take up to five days to reach their destinations, and vice versa.”

So we’re paying more for less service, sounds about right… “part of a plan to overhaul the system and reduce costs”….

swingingblock2520
10-04-2021, 11:37 PM
StuBach,that’s excellent news for my wife who is diabetic and gets her insulin & supplies thru the mail ��

cwtebay
10-05-2021, 12:20 AM
We just received notice that my son's diabetic supplies would no longer be coming USPS due to inconsistent deliveries and increased costs.
I also noticed that the Post Office went to a 1 hour lunch break as of last week, with minimal service available for 1/2 hour prior to and after the break - no, I don't know what that means either!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Jsm180
10-05-2021, 06:53 AM
Just got tracking notice for a first class package coming from the east coast of the state, shipped 10/4 with delivery on 10/8. It's a 2 hour drive.

Handloader109
10-05-2021, 07:12 AM
It's been going on for a long while. No employees, too few employees, careless employees, and inflation. That $15 minimum wage, is going to be worth $10 in about a year.

BTW, if you a paypal account, yeah I know, you can save about a buck minimum on a package.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

shooterg
10-05-2021, 01:18 PM
Supposedly the increase on flat rate stuff is a "temporary holiday increase" . Sure.

zarrinvz24
10-05-2021, 03:10 PM
Supposedly the increase on flat rate stuff is a "temporary holiday increase" . Sure.

I heard that today as well. Only time will tell.

Burnt Fingers
10-05-2021, 04:16 PM
They will still loose about 22% of letters and parcels lol Say bedbugbilly,are you a traveling man?

It's lose, not loose, also you forgot the purple font.

We just received notice that my son's diabetic supplies would no longer be coming USPS due to inconsistent deliveries and increased costs.
I also noticed that the Post Office went to a 1 hour lunch break as of last week, with minimal service available for 1/2 hour prior to and after the break - no, I don't know what that means either!!

Window clerks have had a one-hour lunch since at least 1992 when I started working there.

swingingblock2520
10-05-2021, 04:25 PM
Haha I see that and I fixed it Burnt Fingers lol

cwtebay
10-05-2021, 09:57 PM
It's lose, not loose, also you forgot the purple font.

Window clerks have had a one-hour lunch since at least 1992 when I started working there.I don't doubt that, but these have had a continuously staffed counter at the two I frequent for over 15 years. I can only assume it's because they are either short staffed or they now going on break together.

Hogtamer
10-05-2021, 11:02 PM
That could have been a headline for the last 50 years and no doubt will continue. The only difference is now they’re guaranteeing a longer delivery time for the increase! Pay more, get less, the story of big government.

Geezer in NH
10-06-2021, 05:02 PM
No rate up hike or fuel surcharge ever goes away. The next rate increase just includes the fuel surcharge till the next rise in fuel costs then BINGO tne fuel surcharge comes along. .