PDA

View Full Version : I purchased some black powder yesterday

Sasquatch-1
10-03-2021, 08:44 AM
I am lucky to live within easy driving distance of Back Creek Gun Shop in Winchester Va. The shop sits directly adjacent to the NSSA range. A few friends and I drove down yesterday to get some powder. The proprietor was limiting purchases to 5# of GOEX. Unfortunately there was a big shoot going on next door. When we got there the line had about 50 to 60 people in it. The wait was about 45 minutes but I got my 5# of 3f for about $100.00 which is about $10.00 more then I payed for my last batch.. I could have bought either Swiss or Schuetzen but decided to just get the GOEX at this time. I have enough to last a while and hopefully by the time I need more this will be sorted out.

GregLaROCHE
10-03-2021, 09:35 AM
I wish I could buy BP near that cheap over here.

Sasquatch-1
10-04-2021, 07:05 AM
I wish I could buy BP near that cheap over here.

I am sure that the German and Swiss powders will probably take a jump now that there is no domestic source.

GregLaROCHE
10-04-2021, 08:33 AM
I am sure that the German and Swiss powders will probably take a jump now that there is no domestic source.

You’ve got that right! That’s why I stocked up even though the price was up significantly since a year ago. I may even buy more.