PDA

View Full Version : New kitten here

contender1
09-30-2021, 09:28 PM
Well, over the last year,, we've followed the tale of a couple of kitties by other members here. I've truly enjoyed them,,, even when the loss of one by a member made me cry. And yes,, we lost one here too in late July. My wonderful best half,, lost her cuddle kitty,, who had promptly adopted her when her other kitty had passed away 4 years ago. It was like the older cat (Sebastian) told the little angel (Patches,) to "Take care of momma!"
Well,, Miss Patches passed in July,, at the age of 17.
My wife has grieved,, and wished for another kitty that would be "her" kitty,, and snuggle & cuddle.

I've often said; "When God decides another cat needs a good home around here,, he'll send one."

Well, My wife had been checking shelters & such for a while now,, and about a week ago,,, one kitten, it's picture seemed to say; "Come get me." So,, we discussed it, and all, and today,, we brought home our newest fur baby.
Today is also my wife's B-Day. I said; "God decided to send you a present."

Well, we already have (3) other cats,, and so far,, the kitten is not bothered by the new surroundings. He's out exploring & such. The other cats,, well, (1) could care less, while the other (2) have been a bit stand-offish. A little growling on the part of the kitten, and a bit of hissing by the adult cats is all that's happened.
But the newest addition,, he seems quite happy with most everything.
He took an hour nap,, resting comfortably on my wife's upper chest, purring & all. I'm letting her be the primary person with him so he'll bond more with her. Plus,, the "foster care" home,, had a lady doing the work,, so he's already used to a female caregiver.
But this little black & white fur baby (not quite a Tuxedo) is a sweetheart. And the laughter from my wife,, and the smiles I've seen this evening say it all.
Yep,, God sent her a good B-Day present.

I'll get some pics up later.

Ok, here's a quick picture of the newest kitty. He's a Tuxedo for sure. Loveable, friendly, and full of himself. The other 3 are slowly coming around. The one cat I figured to be the hardest one to accept him, has been the best so far.
"Munchkin" hasn't slowed down to where I could get a GOOD picture,, but I will!

https://i.postimg.cc/ncwGd5xd/P1040211.jpg (https://postimg.cc/bsknrmsb)

Beagle333
09-30-2021, 09:31 PM
I love kitties. I have two inside and 7 outside. The two inside are our absolute irreplaceable babies, and the 7 outside are just because I'm a softie and want to give the strays a chance at a decent life. But I know they might disappear (predators here) at any time. Haven't lost one yet..... but outside things are at risk.

richhodg66
09-30-2021, 09:34 PM
Kittens are very endearing things.

We are without Gracie this evening, she was of age to be spayed and she went through that along with surgery to correct an eyelid problem from the severe eye infections she had when we found her, but it seems weird around here without her. The old cat is enjoying it, though.

Good luck with the new kitten. They are a lot of fun.

lightman
09-30-2021, 10:22 PM
Its nice to hear a happy story these days! Thanks for posting!

clum553946
10-01-2021, 01:13 AM
Congrats! Kittens are a gift!

richhodg66
10-01-2021, 07:59 AM
Not gonna be able to pick up Gracie from the vet until late this afternoon, but my wife and I were just talking this morning that we missed her last night. She's very wild most of the time, but at bed time she really likes to come in and snuggle and generally stays there and sleeps most of the night. Pretty sure our older cats enjpyed the peace for a while.

Never had a situation with a cat having to be in a cone collar, only dogs. She will have to be for a while. This could be interesting.

bakerjw
10-01-2021, 08:39 AM
Good job on the new little one.
I awoke at 4:00AM and couldn't get my mind to stop racing so I got in my recliner for a bit. After a short while, I grabbed a pillow and went and laid down on the floor on a big piece of fleece fabric that we keep for occasions like that. It only took a few minutes before Libby, one of my 50th birthday presents found me as well as our beloved Mittens. the hissing is all over even though Mittens devils the heck out of the older girls.
I fell asleep and woke really sore and stiff with cats around me.
I don't mind dogs but I do prefer my kitties especially when we are the ones that provide them a sense of security and comfort.
Pics pics pics...

And the cone of shame??? Oh my. We could never keep Mittens in one no matter how hard we tried.

contender1
10-01-2021, 09:43 AM
Well, the newest fur baby is a Tuxedo,, moreso than I thought. I initially avoided much contact to allow him to bond with my wife,, and last night, after I'd posted things, I was able to handle the little bugger. Yep, he's a Tux.

We have to keep the name the Shelter gave him for medical purposes,, but he's gonna be called "Munchkin!"

We are enjoying a hissfest from everyone,,, but Munchkin isn't intimidated or scared. He's being typical kitten, and already showing that he'll be a good fit here. And he does love cuddling on "momma" so she's quite happy too!

I'll get some pics up soon.

richhodg66
10-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Our oldest cat and the sweetest one is a tuxedo. Wife rescued him as a kitten almost ayear to the day that we had to put down our first cat we got as newly weds after 17 years. He was a tuxedo too.

foesgth
10-01-2021, 07:16 PM
I fail to see the kitten fetish some on here have but to each their own. Yes, I realize I will be recommended for psychiatric treatment for not joining in

You have to understand the importance of cats in the world order. An example would be, that cats have proved the world is round. If the world was flat the cats would have pushed every thing off the edge by now!

MaryB
10-02-2021, 02:14 PM
If he is the typical tuxedo kitty he will love everyone and need to be around you all the time. I lost Oreo my tuxedo kitty early this summer, miss him badly because he was a constant companion.

bakerjw
10-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Mittens is our first tuxedo and a very interesting personality.
We have Lilly Bug who is a clico due to a very small patch of white. She is almost a tortoiseshell and I've rarely seen a friendly tortoiseshell so I am glad for the white.

Winger Ed.
10-02-2021, 03:44 PM
An example would be, that cats have proved the world is round. If the world was flat the cats would have pushed every thing off the edge by now!

Oh no.... That can't be true. The world really is indeed flat.
Just lay a map out on a table and prove it for yourself.

swingingblock2520
10-04-2021, 11:26 AM
If my middle daughter had her way our house would be a wayward home for any and all cats&kittens that have fallen on hard times lol

bakerjw
10-04-2021, 12:01 PM
"Munchkin" is adorable!

rockrat
10-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Daughter had a torti that was very affectionate and when outside, would come from the other side of the house when called, just to be petted.

swingingblock2520
10-04-2021, 07:59 PM
Daughter had a torti that was very affectionate and when outside, would come from the other side of the house when called, just to be petted. we have a Torti my daughter named Calfus,have you noticed that torties are some rather cantankerous felines lol

bakerjw
10-05-2021, 11:25 AM
My wife had a torti. Cantankerous beast.
We had a cali with a small white dot named Scribble. Cantankerous beast.
Or Lilly bug, a Cali with a small white dot is the most loving cat there is. She is so sweet and lays on my chest at night when I read in bed.

swingingblock2520
10-05-2021, 02:36 PM
That’s Cali and my middle daughter Kaliope. Incidentally that picture was taken after I had to tape cardboard to a broken window at 9:30 on a Friday night that she had no idea how it got broke lol