PDA

View Full Version : skirmish f1

milltownhunter
01-11-2009, 05:52 PM
found a place that sells skimish f1 for $7.80 a pound what this work in? i have a 45/90 would this work?

catkiller45
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
it sure will..your mv might be a little less is all..

Nobade
01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I've shot it in my 45-70 with fairly good results. Velocity isn't very high, it took quite a bit more elevation to hit the 500M rams compared to my Swiss loads. The rest of I have is probably going to get used in 12ga. shotgun. It's perfect for that. The grain size is huge, about like Goex cannon powder. Only my B&M measure will handle it, none of the others. Of course dippers work.

cajun shooter
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
My Goex distributor friend in Marksville, La. uses it in Cannon and muskets used for reenactment. Of course they are not firing a lead bullet. Black powder grades can be used in different applications with different results. In 45 Colt you can use 3f for more speed but you might get more accuracy with the slower 2f. The fps will increase as the grains get smaller. Your velocity will always slow down with the larger granulations. I have never tried 1f in 12ga. but I'm sure it would work with lower velocity which might be just the thing for CAS shooting. I buy the Goex in 25lb plastic bags which lowers the cost by over 2.00 a lb