PDA

View Full Version : Vintage SxS pump events

6pt-sika
09-21-2021, 11:29 PM
Most of the Vintage SxS events I’ve attended have an event for pumps as well . Ones even starting a pre 1950 autoloader event . So a few months back we had a late 1930’s Winchester Model 12 16 gauge with a 30” full choke barrel at a somewhat reasonable price . The gun however was blueing free and the wood needed some care . So two weeks ago I pulled it apart , took the wood home and cleaned all the old varnish off with lacquer thinner , let it dry and started applying rubbed in Tung Oil . Put about twenty coats on and then brought the wood back to the shop after the gun was reblued . Also put a new original buttplate back on the stock the one that came with the gun had the toe chipped off . Need to work with it some more to get it slicked/smoothed up better to suit me . But I’m pretty satisfied with the new overall finish job .

centershot
09-27-2021, 05:07 PM
It didn't happen without pics!:popcorn:

rking22
09-27-2021, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a nice find! Is it marked 16ga 2 3/4, would make life a bit easier. My 16ga M12 is a 1914 birthday, oldest gun I shoot in vintage events. Looking forward to the pictures. If you have info on vintage events you are attending, I may make a try at seeing it in person. I was shooting the vintage skeet at Gator but KC has not happened for me yet.