PDA

View Full Version : Can we get more up to date on our contributions, please

FISH4BUGS
09-20-2021, 02:47 PM
I donated at the sponsor level what...3 months ago?
I just got a notice that my inbox was full and could not get a message.
One of the reasons I responded at the sponsor level when the site asked for the donation for the server was to increase the inbox capacity.
Come on guys, can you step it up?
Will you let us have 3 months on the other end if we decide not to renew?

rancher1913
09-20-2021, 08:17 PM
just a thought, you did the sponsor tab right and not the donation tab. somebody made that mistake already.

Minerat
09-20-2021, 08:51 PM
Did you use the Team Boolits or the Donate? Team Boolits gets you more emails, picture storage and other benifits. Donate is a contribution to the server sponsor. They are 2 different things. I reported you question to No_1 to look into. You should hear something shortly.

FISH4BUGS
09-20-2021, 08:59 PM
Did you use the Team Boolits or the Donate? Team Boolits gets you more emails, picture storage and other benifits. Donate is a contribution to the server sponsor. They are 2 different things. I reported you question to No_1 to look into. You should hear something shortly.

I don't recall which I used. I rather think it was the server donation.
I sent $50 so I figured they would put me into the right category.
I recall thinking it was the sponsor level. That is the way I have been doing it all these years except for last year when I did not donate. It always got set up as a sponsor.
Thanks for checking into that.
I am sure No_1 will take care of it.

No_1
09-21-2021, 03:52 AM
I donated at the sponsor level what...3 months ago?
I just got a notice that my inbox was full and could not get a message.
One of the reasons I responded at the sponsor level when the site asked for the donation for the server was to increase the inbox capacity.
Come on guys, can you step it up?
Will you let us have 3 months on the other end if we decide not to renew?

I don't recall which I used. I rather think it was the server donation.
I sent $50 so I figured they would put me into the right category.
I recall thinking it was the sponsor level. That is the way I have been doing it all these years except for last year when I did not donate. It always got set up as a sponsor.
Thanks for checking into that.
I am sure No_1 will take care of it.

I checked the database and it appears you discontinued your Team Boolit Sponsorship ~2 years ago. If you donated to the server drive fund it does not increase your PM limit.

FISH4BUGS
09-21-2021, 03:10 PM
PM sent

GL49
09-23-2021, 10:26 PM
That explains it to me also. Thanks.

FISH4BUGS
09-27-2021, 11:20 AM
I have chewed on this for a while and will close the discussion from my end. No_1 responded and I still don't agree (not the first time).
I had been a member since June of 2005, and likewise a sponsor for some time, and had an infraction issued that I strongly disagreed with. After an appeal, I was turned down and the infraction stayed on my record.
Well, OK then....In response, I did not renew my sponsor level donation for two years. When I finally decided to renew, i just went ahead and made the donation. I made my point in my own mind, for I strongly believe in voting with your wallet.
It appears that becoming a sponsor (which I had been for a number of years until issued the infraction) and donating to the server fund are two different things.
It was not at all clear to me that was the case.
It certainly is now.
I always thought the sponsor was based upon the size of the donation. Not so.
Live and learn.