PDA

View Full Version : Lee pot

shotman
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Does Lee garantee the heating element in the pro 20? I see midway sells the element and thermostat. For $20 you have a new unit

AzShooter
01-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I believe it's only a one year guarantee so it's nice to be able to buy the element and thermostat from Midway.

Matt_G
01-11-2009, 08:50 AM
From Lee's web site:

Guarantee and Repair policy

Lee reloading products are unconditionally guaranteed not to wear out or break from normal use for two full years or they will be repaired or replaced at no charge if returned to the factory.

Our lifetime conditional guarantee states that any Lee product of current manufacture, regardless of age or condition, will be reconditioned to new, including a new guarantee if returned to the factory with payment equal to half the current retail price.

Another option is to send the product of any age back to the factory for repair. Labor is free and you are charged only for any parts that are necessary to get your product functioning properly.

HTH

shotman
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Up date I called Lee and ordered parts. I told them they should last longer than they do. She said they replace them in 2 yr, and asked how old was unit , I said about 20yr, she said have I been happy with it that long ? I said yes it has worked good and was happy so far. She said will send coil and thermostat at half the cost. does that say something for Lee. rick

AzShooter
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Great service. I use a lot of LEE products and have used two of their pots for over 20 years, a 4 lb and a 20 lb. Most of my moulds are from LEE but I have a few others. Never had a problem with bullets dropping from LEE Moulds especially if you follow their instructions.

I must also say that their newest reloading manual is THE BEST. It has a lot more data in it and explains how the data is gathered and how to come up with the best loads for the BHN of your bullets.

Matt_G
01-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear they took care of you Shotman. :grin: