PDA

View Full Version : Fedex shipping---worthless

farmbif
09-18-2021, 01:18 PM
got a call from a fisherman friend in Alaska, he asked me if I enjoyed the fish-- I was left speechless-- wha--wha--what fish? Wow that was like super nice for you to think of me and send me an early Christmas present. Turns out the salmon are running real well this year. or so he says.
Yeah I sent you out a box of smoked coho on Tuesday, sent it Fedex 2 day delivery guaranteed. marked perishable
fortunately he had receipt with tracking number. went to fed ex web site and its about totally useless, says package left Junau on Tuesday morning, got to and left Anchorage Tuesday afternoon, early Wednesday morning got to Indianapolis 2am, this is where it gets interesting-- 4am says in transit
then at top of tracking page in bright red letters all caps, so I guess they are screaming it out "POTENTALLY DELAYED" no scheduled delivery date at this time.
I tried to contact Fedex -- its useless automated messaging

what would life be without great friends?

MaryB
09-18-2021, 01:49 PM
With the fedex automated system keep hitting 0, eventually their system gives up and connects tp a human who is just as worthless...

bangerjim
09-18-2021, 03:46 PM
This kinda of carp only happens with perishable stuffs it seems like!

I had a buddy in Iowa send me 7+ (!!!) pounds of fresh Morel mushrooms he found a few years ago by FEDEX next day. SIX (6) days later it showed up in a watery gooey rotten stinking bag inside another box with a letter of apology. That letter won't replace the mushrooms, which sell for many MANY $$ a pound! Had no claim, as it was not insured by him for anything. We trusted FEDEX to deliver overnight. Never again.

BJK
09-18-2021, 03:49 PM
That's a good friend.

So by the time you get it will be like smoked lutefisk.

John Wayne
09-18-2021, 05:49 PM
Aaaand if the package weighs over 30 pounds they are infuriated that you shipped it in the first place and throw it out of the truck to the ground. I have had 2 well made wooden crates 2' x 1' x 1' broken open when they arrived.

bob208
09-18-2021, 06:06 PM
I have never had a problem before, but this last order two mags from triple k is 3 three week late and I still don't have them.

dale2242
09-19-2021, 07:03 AM
I paid an extra $30 for 2 day shipping of a mattress for my wifes hospital bed.
It arrived 6 days later.

Jsm180
09-19-2021, 07:30 AM
All the shippers are having issues now. Around here, USPS is the worst, tracking is useless, and once they make it to FL they travel around the state for a few days before getting to the destination PO. UPS is normally on time but the boxes look like they were tied to the back of the truck. FedEx is always late if the shipment originates outside the state but the boxes are not damaged.

Shawlerbrook
09-19-2021, 07:35 AM
Had the same issues with Fedex this week but luckily not a perishable item. When the item finally arrived two days late, it was already delivered to another address and the box was opened. Another time instead of bringing the item to the house they left it across the road leaning against my rural mailbox. UPS isn’t perfect but miles better than Fedex.

tdoor4570
09-19-2021, 07:51 AM
UPS Fedex can't even find my house, even with there GPS address finder. I've been there for over 35 years.

AlHunt
09-19-2021, 08:02 AM
Funny this comes up. I had a USPS package scheduled to deliver Saturday (yesterday).

And tracking says it was!

Delivered to a PO Box, apparently. In the next town over where I've never HAD a PO Box. But it was on time, at least ...

Sasquatch-1
09-19-2021, 08:13 AM
Around my area Fedex hasn't been too bad. In fact, the driver has actually been ringing the doorbell when delivering.

yovinny
09-19-2021, 08:26 AM
Fedex is the worst possible carrier here in W. KY...And their tracking is an absolute joke.
I've gotten to the point where if fedex is the only shipping option,, I'll just pass and order from somewhere else..

marlin39a
09-19-2021, 10:23 AM
FedEx Express works well here. FedEx Ground is another story. FedEx sells routes to independent contractors, who hire worthless people to make the delivery. The workers are paid a daily wage. If the route is completed in 6 hours, or 12, the pay is the same. I won’t have anything shipped by ground. UPS is professional, and I have no problem with them. I’d say USPS is my best option overall.

Big Tom
09-19-2021, 10:41 AM
In May, we had 60 lbs of live crawfish for overnight delivery (by noon on a Saturday). Had all party invitations out, backyard was set up, water was heated up and as nobody from Fedcrap showed up by noon, we checked and were told "oh, we did not have a flight today to your area, so it will come sometimes next week". Not even an attempt to deliver, they did not even have a flight scheduled to my airport that day, so they already knew when accepting the package that they would not deliver on time. It was a lot of fun calling 30+ friends that the party was off, thanks to Fedcrap.

The most pathetic "shipping" company on the planet. I will never, ever use them again for anything. USPS may be bad, but Fedcrap clearly tops it all.

myg30
09-19-2021, 10:56 AM
The quality of help almost everywhere seems to be lacking to say the least. Our ups driver is really exceptional either rings bell or places package out of the rain at our back garage door.
Postal service tracking system is terrible and I won’t pay for their tracking service. Shame Amazon uses them the most and 2 day delivery is 4 day minimum.
Not sure with fed ex yet as we have few delivery’s from them.

Mike

Mal Paso
09-19-2021, 06:32 PM
Our 2 local Fedex drivers are awesome but the rest of the company is hit and miss. UPS got a lot worse with the amazon contract. I wonder how many of the problems start with amazon jerking the shippers around to get the best price?

bedbugbilly
09-19-2021, 06:45 PM
That's a good friend! Don't worry . . . . Biden will fix everything . . . . he's good at it . . . . . just ask him. Makes you wonder if someone, somewhere in a FedEx terminal is enjoying smoked salmon on their break.

Adam20
09-19-2021, 08:00 PM
i ordered ags anneler last month, figured shipped was going to be 1-2 weeks, FedEx shipped it from serbia to michigan in less than 72 hours.
Normally FedEx cant ship across my state that quick.

Handloader109
09-20-2021, 08:11 AM
Well it is a TOTAL crap shoot around here. I've a decent UPS driver during the week. I can guarantee that ANY package, even marked early am will show up sometimes after 4pm, usually 5 as he makes a saddle shop next to me his last pickup and for me delivery. Noy happy about being that late, but ok, he's consistent. Had a package shipped ground from Indianapolis on Thursday. Tracking said delivery by End of day Saturday. Sure it will.... Well dang if 730pm he dropped it off. FedEx had similar box due on Thursday end of day. 3 days in transit, abiut right. Tracking said end of day and was in the truck out for delivery. Well Thursday came and went, Friday afternoon it showed up. Driver was slow and didn't finish route Thursday.just load back up and delivery friday. who cares if you are a day late? Who cares if you don't meet YOUR Stated obligations? We have no recourse. Pick a different carrier? ha...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

farmbif
09-20-2021, 04:13 PM
update 1600 hrs EST. still no package.
got though to a real person through fedex 800 number on Friday afternoon
sounded like he was in India reading off a script. tried to assure me that anything marked perishable is kept refrigerated-- yeah right, and he's got some bridges to sell me for cheap I bet.
also said they would track package down and call me with updates of where it is.
my phone has not rung even once.

Bird
09-20-2021, 07:00 PM
Tried fedex, and each time they failed on delivery. I will no longer accept delivery by fedex when placing orders. USPS is the best with Ups a close second.
Try to claim from fedex has been impossible..........no more.

Sasquatch-1
09-21-2021, 07:49 AM
In my area USPS is the absolute worst of all. We had a package that was shipped FEDEX Smart Post. Luckily they were only furnace filters and I order them well in advance of need. They arrived at the FEDEX facility that is about 10 to 15 miles from where I live with in a day. There were three boxes of filters. The smallest was then transferred to the FEDEX delivery station and we received it the next day. The two larger packages were transferred to the post office and proceeded to travel about 90 miles to Harrisburg Pa. My local Post Office was about 5 miles from the FEDEX location. The packages lay in limbo for about three or four days. Then they were shown as delivered to the local post office and took another two days to get delivered.

I will say the company I ordered them from gave me a 20% refund for the delay. Thank You Discount Filters dot com.

Idaho45guy
09-24-2021, 06:36 AM
Just happened to have received a package yesterday from Fedex. I ordered a barrel from Glock in Smyra, GA on September 11th. A Saturday. It was delivered to Fedex on Monday the 13th, and didn't get to my house until the 23rd. 11 days for a small metal part in a little box to travel 1500 miles seems a bit ridiculous. But, I am used to slow deliveries out here. Amazon always promises 2 or 3 day delivery and it is usually 4 to 12 day delivery. Average is about a week.

farmbif
09-24-2021, 07:02 AM
11th day update 0700hrs.
up for morning coffee, got to get my chores done, my brain is thinking saying to my tongue I wish I could just taste that smoked fish.
checked the fedex web site with tracking number.
it says package was put on truck out for deliver at 0744hrs Monday sept 20 at local fedex place about 35 miles away, today is Friday,
the last entry on fedex detailed tracking it says "Monday sept. 20 1:06p.m.--In transit"
I guess the delivery truck driver might have gotten some crackers to go along with those fish snacks all week.

Hogtamer
09-24-2021, 07:30 AM
They all serve Amazon now! USPO-Fedex-UPS all of them - Amazon butters their bread now and gets special rates and priority on shipping. Our shipping rates have gone up to subsidize the big dog.

Handloader109
09-24-2021, 08:45 AM
ARGH. DHL delivered a package for my daughter. 6 ft long, rails and parts for a rolling door. About 40 pound package, 2x4x 6 ft. Broken about a third of the way down and retaped by DHL. Just missing parts..... Guess they broke it and didn't even look for the loose items, just taped it up.

Oh, and I dropped of box at the local UPS service center and there were two Fedex trucks either bringing in or delivering to UPS. Go figure.

jim147
09-24-2021, 09:05 AM
USPS and UPS are great once it gets close to me. I know them all.

I've been on the phone for three days with fedcrap. They delivered the wrong package to my house, which I delivered for them, and delivered my package someplace else. I can't get an answer to where it is or a call back.

I will never order from any company again if I can't choose UPS.

salpal48
09-24-2021, 09:39 AM
There seems to be good and bad on Both sides. I for one found Fedex to be very fast and reliable. Maybe it is our area.

Idaho45guy
09-24-2021, 07:28 PM
This may have something to do with it...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fedex-rerouting-packages-daily-labor-shortage

FedEx is rerouting hundreds of thousands of packages every day while it scrambles to cope with the labor shortage plaguing many businesses in the U.S.

FedEx Chief Operating Officer Raj Subramaniam said during an earnings call this week that there have been "widespread inefficiencies" in its operation due to "constrained labor markets" which have ultimately forced the company to divert packages.

There are more than 600,000 packages a day being rerouted across the entire FedEx Ground network, according to Subramaniam.
Subramaniam pointed to the company's Portland, Oregon, hub as an example, saying it's running on "65% of the staffing needed to handle its normal volume."

As a result, the hub is diverting 25% of the package volume that normally goes through to the hub because it can't be efficiently processed.

farmbif
09-24-2021, 08:02 PM
This may have something to do with it...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fedex-rerouting-packages-daily-labor-shortage

FedEx is rerouting hundreds of thousands of packages every day while it scrambles to cope with the labor shortage plaguing many businesses in the U.S.

FedEx Chief Operating Officer Raj Subramaniam said during an earnings call this week that there have been "widespread inefficiencies" in its operation due to "constrained labor markets" which have ultimately forced the company to divert packages.

There are more than 600,000 packages a day being rerouted across the entire FedEx Ground network, according to Subramaniam.
Subramaniam pointed to the company's Portland, Oregon, hub as an example, saying it's running on "65% of the staffing needed to handle its normal volume."

As a result, the hub is diverting 25% of the package volume that normally goes through to the hub because it can't be efficiently processed.

sounds just about right
I really don't understand this current generation, if I were capable I would grab one of those job openings, many employers are now offering signing bonuses and full medical and dental from what I understand.
when I was younger and able I had two jobs working double shifts taking advantage of every opportunity.

jim147
09-24-2021, 10:31 PM
Day three and still no call from a supervisor. Still no one in the USA to talk to. I was promised a call before noon tomorrow. Yeah I'm not holding my breath.

jim147
09-25-2021, 06:49 PM
Glad I didn't hold my breath. No call. Not feeling good so don't feel like arguing with people that can't do anything.

If I'm feeling good Monday, I need to pick up a truck load of parts outside Kansas City. So I might take Tuesday off just to drive to Joplin.

echo154
10-11-2021, 10:44 PM
My wife's mom called and asked her if she received the "signature required" registered letter she sent her. Ah no.....they tracked it to our local post office. Postmaster said that due to Covid she signed for all registered letters and then the RR person delivered them. Hmmmmm so where is it? she said the person was new but remembered placing it between the storm and inner door. Well we keep the storm door locked and there was no letter. several days later a neighbor from down the road a piece showed up and gave it to me......it was left in her RR box!!!!! Now I know the meaning of Charlie Brown's AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGH!!!!!!!

jim147
10-11-2021, 11:00 PM
I heard a rumor my package got delivered over 30 miles away. I'm still trying to confirm this. The shipper started a claim after it was two weeks late but I haven't heard crap. They said it could be two more weeks before I hear anything.

I may have said in this thread before but for USPS if it gets to Rich Hill I will get it. I know everyone in between. For UPS, if it get to Appleton City, I will get it. My driver is in my phone and will look for my truck if I'm out working while he is doing deliveries.

FedEx just flat sucks and you can't call anyone in this country to complain.

No_1
10-12-2021, 03:31 AM
I requested (by phone) a package which was already in my current town at the FedEx facility be redirected to my house. I was told it would take 3-5 days for it to arrive and given a reference number for the conversation. I waited about a week then checked the tracking number for status. Needless to say I was surprised to find my package was delivered to a location in Washington State. The next morning I call customer service who told me that everything would be fine and that all I needed to do was send a return label to the person at the address requesting they send the package back. I explained that I had no idea who they delivered the package to and reminded them that it was adult signature required so they better send someone right out to collect my item. In the meantime a googled search revealed the address they delivered to was a business so it didn’t take long for me to figure out who to call. The owner was nice indicating his wife signed for the package then placed it on his desk where it had been sitting awaiting fedex’s return (he called them too). It took a couple of weeks but the business owner eventually called me back to say fedex showed up for the package and it was on its way back. In retrospect I guess I was lucky the person on the other end was honest.

Farmbif - did the package ever arrive?

pworley1
10-12-2021, 06:59 AM
Fedex has 2 hubs in our area. Anything that goes through one usually gets sent back to sender because they can not find our house (name and number on mailbox) anything going through the other one is on time and in good condition. USPS is the worst, the local people are great, but our packages go through Memphis. About 1 out of 4 never leave. UPS has the best record for us on delivery, but the packages sometimes look pretty rough.

Finster101
10-12-2021, 07:20 AM
I guess I got lucky. I sent two packages to a forum member on 10/5. I got to the Pak and Send late so it did not really begin travel till 10/6. It arrived safely at his residence in CA on 10/10. We both were amazed that they did Sunday deliveries.

Handloader109
10-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Damaged package from above. Daughter notified the seller that one small package was missing. Three long screws and a long metric bolt, about a half inch diameter(12 or 13mm) Something that would be hard to obtain locally as it was threaded entire length. Si roughly two weeks has passed. Dhl drive up last night. 5 pound box, direct from china. Marked damaged again and was taped up all over. But they shipped the entire set of brackets and packaged fasteners. From China. firat was US shipped as it only took a few days.... No wonder they charged a high price for their items. Stupidity and no spare parts

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

xs11jack
10-12-2021, 11:12 PM
This isn't much but it shows the faults in the system, any system. Monday last my wife ordered 2 of those cell phone covers or protectors. One Blue, one Black. The blue one arrived Thursday and the black disappeared. To day I got a whiney e-mail giving 3 excuses. I don't expect to ever see the black again. They didn't cost much but they have my money and I have nothing.
Ole Jack

Plate plinker
10-12-2021, 11:49 PM
Talked with a young guy who brokered a deal for 750000 primers the Fed ex lost 60000 and intentionally destroy some that where later found per policy of hazardous materials. He said he was sueing them in court. Told him GFL they have a army of lawyers no doubt.

bakerjw
10-13-2021, 06:39 AM
I will give the USPS credit. When I ordered chicks, they left somewhere up in the midwest one afternoon and I got a call the next day from our local post office to let me know that a box of peeping fuzzy little critters was there. One time that they did really good.

We know our usual UPS guy. He waves when we see him delivering other routes. GREAT guy.

FedEx isn't as bad as they've been in the past but FedEx ground? ABYSMAL...

Sasquatch-1
10-13-2021, 07:27 AM
I will give the USPS credit. When I ordered chicks, they left somewhere up in the midwest one afternoon and I got a call the next day from our local post office to let me know that a box of peeping fuzzy little critters was there. One time that they did really good.

We know our usual UPS guy. He waves when we see him delivering other routes. GREAT guy.

FedEx isn't as bad as they've been in the past but FedEx ground? ABYSMAL...

I can understand these not getting lost. All that "peeping" must have been driving the postal employees further past the insanity point. "Come on Jim let's get these things out of here, I'm about ready to go postal on them":bigsmyl2: