PDA

View Full Version : credit card compromised

porthos
09-17-2021, 07:28 PM
got a call from the bank today. did you make such and such a purchase. answer was no. so. my card is cancelled and i will be sent a new one. problem is that it is the third time since may of this year. anyone got any ideas? i think that i am SOL and will have to live with this.

Minerat
09-17-2021, 07:34 PM
Try to figure out where you have been and used your card just before it gets hacked each time like the barbershop? There has to be a common thread.

Nueces
09-17-2021, 07:38 PM
I had been losing one about every 15 months. You can't close all doors, since commercial websites are often hacked and customer info stolen, including any credit card info used for making online purchases. To limit my exposure to this sort of thing, I often choose a paypal checkout, as I think paypal has better security in place. However, around here, many of the compromises have been occurring at pay at the pump stations along major highways (thus offering easy escape). We all know about scanners applied to the pump, but it's also possible for crooks to sit in a nearby vehicle and bluetooth read your transactions (or so I've heard). I avoid gas stations on mayor roads.

I pay cash at restaurants and convenience stores. I got a AAA credit card that interfaces with gas pumps by holding it up to a panel on the pump face - no key entries required and this is used for gas only. My last loss was in Feb 2021, so we'll see how well all this works.

Finster101
09-17-2021, 07:43 PM
I have one card and one card only that my wife and I use on line. It has a horrible interest rate but really good online and theft protection. We pay it off every month so the rate doesn't matter but the protection has bailed us out a couple of times as we did not get stuck with fraudulent charges.

DougGuy
09-17-2021, 08:01 PM
I'd suspect your computer is compromised and every time you get a new card you give the data to whoever is backdooring your system when you make a purchase online.

Another popular way is to install a sniffer on a gas pump that sends your card data to someone listening nearby they then sell your data to another "broker" who uses the data or sells it again.

Finster101
09-17-2021, 10:15 PM
We got hacked twice. Both times shortly after my wife purchased something on ETSY. She doesn't go there anymore.

kayala
09-17-2021, 10:52 PM
Mine was compromised last month. I’ve narrowed it down to 2 places: one of them was online DMV transaction, another one was daughter used other card, on same account, on some gas station.

imashooter2
09-18-2021, 01:25 AM
I got hit twice within a couple months, both times after using it at a local restaurant. I told the manager why I wouldn’t be eating there anymore.

porthos
09-18-2021, 11:32 AM
i like the idea of my computer being "hacked". i'll be going to Best Buy to have it "cleaned'

starnbar
09-18-2021, 11:35 AM
The restaurants are the worst place as most of their staff work hard but it only takes one and they can create a lot of headaches for senior citizens who prefer to dine out. I have seen this happen to a lot of my friends I only use cash now when out don't care if its fast food or a nice sit down place.

Mal Paso
09-18-2021, 11:43 AM
I used to have the same credit card number long enough to remember it.

hoodat
09-18-2021, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid, the only credit card anyone had was a gas card -- such as "Flying A". jd

imashooter2
09-18-2021, 01:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid, the only credit card anyone had was a gas card -- such as "Flying A". jd

Around here, everyone established their credit with a Sears Roebuck card.

hoodat
09-18-2021, 01:31 PM

Yup, you're right. That was my first one in probably 1974.

Sears was quite a store in those days. jd

MaryB
09-18-2021, 01:46 PM
Fast food is another venue for card hacking... local Arby's got me twice, I calle thed manager and told him what was going on and he fired half the day crew who were in on it. They had little readers in their pockets that could read the stripe if it was swiped over the outside of the pocket... like they were cleaning the card off to try it again... college town and one of the guys had a super memory so he memorized all the 3 digit security codes...

woodbutcher
09-18-2021, 03:05 PM
[smilie=s: This is exactly why I have`nt had a credit card in almost 50 years,nor ever had a debit card.Don`t want either one.
Quit credit cards after a local butthead(preachers kid)broke into house and stole it along with a half a book of checks.No checking acct either.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

GhostHawk
09-18-2021, 10:10 PM
I got hit 3 times in about a year and a half. Wife convinced me to switch banks.

In the last 5 years I have been notified to call fraud prevention 4 or 5 times, all purchases of mine.

No one has actually gotten my money. A few may have tried and failed.
Seems to me like my wife made a good call. All banks are not created equal.

jaysouth
09-18-2021, 10:30 PM
I have one card and one card only that my wife and I use on line. It has a horrible interest rate but really good online and theft protection. We pay it off every month so the rate doesn't matter but the protection has bailed us out a couple of times as we did not get stuck with fraudulent charges.

Share the name of that card with us.

thanks

Handloader109
09-18-2021, 11:03 PM
I only have a debit cards. Bank and a credit union. I had both hit in less than two weeks by bogus transactions that the banks caught. Obviously they only had the card number, maybe expiration but not CV code. Nothing went through. New cards for both. It had been over 6 months since I had used the credit union card. Who knows

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

myg30
09-19-2021, 10:42 AM
I got a txt from my Discover credit card about a Gas purchase in Georgia at 7:30AM est.
I had just purchased egg n cheese biscuits for the guys in the shop at 6am cst. 1 hr time difference here. So I called them because I thought the txt was a scam, sure as can be someone tried or did purchase gas with my card at a gas pump (no info needed) and I told them I was at work in Nashville,Tn and no way could I get to Ga. that fast. So they cancelled that card and sent new one out.
I went around to the guys n gals and told them beware of drive thru at Hardee’s near our company that my card info was stolen and 3 others told me their card info was stolen in the past few weeks but they didn’t know where from cause they had many purchases all over but had Hardee’s in common. So a call to the police ( did nothing) and a call to the store manager.
No clue if the culprit was caught ! Card company told me call police and file report.

Glad I used my credit card and NOT my debit card attached to my checking account.
ALLWAYS watch the person at the drive thru with your card or use cash.

Mike

Mr_Sheesh
09-19-2021, 12:57 PM
Banks' databases get broken into all too often, and so do major retailers', its just an annoyance that they haven't fixed and are probably not going to, sadly.

mac60
09-19-2021, 12:58 PM
I have had the exact same thing happen. The lady at the bank told me that there are devices readily available online that allow someone to get your card #'s without getting too close to you. The last time it happened to me every card I had in my wallet got hit. I got me a billfold with rfid protection and carry 1 card with me. I've started carrying cash for small purchases, where I used to use my debit card I now use cash.

MaryB
09-19-2021, 02:20 PM
I went to cash for grabbing fast food if I am out and about. Haven't had my debit card hacked in 9 months...

higgins
09-19-2021, 05:39 PM
I suspect that my card info was stolen at a nearby fast food joint last year. We used to go there every week or two. When I went back after my card was stolen, there was a completely new crew in the joint; service was better too. I don't think it was a coincidence.

Wag
09-19-2021, 06:38 PM
Everyone should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsMydMDi3rI

--Wag--

Ickisrulz
09-19-2021, 06:49 PM
Having your credit card number stolen is no big deal. You aren't responsible for any charges, you get a new card and carry on. Credit cards are by far the safest way to purchase anything. That is, of course, if you have the disciple to manage your spending. I especially enjoy the thousand or so dollars we get back every year in rewards. We have never paid any interest charges as the balance is paid off each month.

Handloader109
09-20-2021, 08:14 AM
One thing that can help is to not use cc where it leaves your sight. Restaurants where they go to the back and scan leave room to write down everything...... don't need a skimmer and they can way more easily get things processed

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

AZ Pete
09-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Mine got compromised three times running, each of three
replacement cards was compromised, within days. I did not even activate the third. Turned out Citi Bank had either been hacked or had an employee that was involved. I changed banks and that solved the problem. My current card company issues unique numbers for each internet purchaser, which seems to work. If compromised, there is only one vendor that has that number.

BJK
09-20-2021, 11:32 PM
I admit that I haven't read the entire thread...

A few years ago my card was hacked to the tune of $13k+. A new card was issued and today I discovered that I bought car parts to the tune of $840. I called the card bank and told them it wasn't me. New cards are on the way.

What I did after the first time was to make sure the cards couldn't be used out of country, then I had the CC bank tell me everytime the card is used without a physical presence. That's how I found out today and canceled the cards within hours and I hope the bank was able to cancel the charge.

The biggest hassle is that I have to change all of the autopay accounts. That's a bite in the butt. I have things on order that haven't shipped yet or been charged.

edit: What I'd like to know is how do the low lifes get the CC info?

Mr_Sheesh
09-21-2021, 12:32 AM
My credit union's security folks will deny any charge outside where I am i.e, if I am home and someone in New York or Nevada tries to use it to fill their gas tank, they will be denied.

Means I do have to warn my bank before I travel fair deal that tho.

BJK, I imagine someone hacked into your bank's computer to get that info.

remy3424
09-21-2021, 07:23 AM
I admit that I haven't read the entire thread...

edit: What I'd like to know is how do the low lifes get the CC info?

Read the thread, folks have discribed several ways it is done.

I seldom used my debit card, CC seems to be way easier to dispute any unauthorized charges. It has been a long time since I have had any card issues. I don't make tons of purchases these days, I have accumulated about everything I need.

Seems crazy that you can track down the source of the compromise and the police do nothing...have heard that more than just here.

MaryB
09-21-2021, 01:13 PM
My preference is pay with paypal, any fraud there is easy to dispute and I have een a member there so many years/ran so much money thru them that they give me preferential treatment on disputes. Business account too helps...

Mr_Sheesh
09-21-2021, 02:16 PM
Some years ago, an author friend moved to Colorado Springs, while working on her book's next revision she had issues for about 6 months, the idiot publisher was changing her pdf file master copy she'd turn in to be published - things like removing her copyright acknowledgements and so on...

Do you want to get sued? Cause that's a good fast way to arrange it.

I visited and helped fix that. But she needed income so was on welfare temporarily - They had at that time, folks on welfare come into the welfare office and help with the paperwork, some of whom were photocopying peoples' identity paperwork, she was quite unimpressed with the lack of brains there! Identity theft central, basically.

Got her unstuck at least :)

bangerjim
09-21-2021, 05:55 PM
Wife had card # stolen a couple years ago from an illegal scanner on a local grocery store machine. The Mexican gang running the ring printed up a fake card and bought six $2K gift cards at Sam's club down the street. I found out because my satellite bill bounced. Now I have minimum purchase alarm points ( just a few hundred) set on all my cards. If I buy anything over that amount, my iPhone is buzzing before I get my card back in my wallet!!!!! A VERY valuable and FREE tool to help you. The clowns that perpetrated the theft are now in the fed pen. Discover sent new card and I worked with the city police, county sheriff, the FBI, and even the local Secret Service called me!

You are not responsible for any charges on a stole card. Just have min purchase limits set and watch your accounts.

white eagle
09-21-2021, 06:09 PM
got a call from the bank today. did you make such and such a purchase. answer was no. so. my card is cancelled and i will be sent a new one. problem is that it is the third time since may of this year. anyone got any ideas? i think that i am SOL and will have to live with this.

is it capitol 1?
I had that very same issue with a cabelas card not once but twice
they did however not hold me responsible for the charges

rockrat
09-21-2021, 06:32 PM
Had someone get my card # earlier in the year. Got a call from the CC company about questionable charges, so they cancelled the card and issued my a new one. Called in to activate the card and then called the company about 10 min later. There were already two unauthorized charges on the new card!!! Cancelled that one one and the gal said they would expedite me a new card (had a business trip coming up).
Day before I left, new card still wasn't in (week later) and when I called, the lady on the phone said there is nothing showing me having a new card re-issued[smilie=b: Took two more weeks to get a replacement in

imashooter2
09-21-2021, 06:36 PM
Had someone get my card # earlier in the year. Got a call from the CC company about questionable charges, so they cancelled the card and issued my a new one. Called in to activate the card and then called the company about 10 min later. There were already two unauthorized charges on the new card!!! Cancelled that one one and the gal said they would expedite me a new card (had a business trip coming up).
Day before I left, new card still wasn't in (week later) and when I called, the lady on the phone said there is nothing showing me having a new card re-issued[smilie=b: Took two more weeks to get a replacement in

Always good to have a spare card you never use, just in case.

imashooter2
09-21-2021, 06:42 PM
My preference is pay with paypal, any fraud there is easy to dispute and I have een a member there so many years/ran so much money thru them that they give me preferential treatment on disputes. Business account too helps...

I like to use PayPal when it is offered, just to avoid putting in my credit card information. Ive only had a single dispute in all the years I’ve used them. It was settled in my favor, but it took two months before I had my money back. Credit card disputes have been settled much faster.

Rockzilla
09-21-2021, 07:29 PM
Use PayPal where and when we can to pay.
We have found Restaurants, (delivery) where you give them the card number. More so now with the (Civid stuff)
Doordash....
Self Check-outs (Walmart)
*** Gas n Food store

other half has the cards on lock-down any transactions she gets messages

we have one card with a "low" credit limit that we use more than any, it has
been compromised no less than 6 times. mostly car rentals, flowers, books,
a "Mac", what they do is make a purchase under 2 bucks most of the time
just to see if it goes through. One they are still "trying" to use in Florida. I read
somewhere, that there are Agreements between the Credit Card provider and
Retailer, where they get the card nfo quicker than you, sometimes before you
even get the new card. I know people who have had "charges" on the replacement
card before they get it and had to dispute them.
Our cards with high limits don't really get used that much only for larger purchases
mostly in person transactions. Bank cards, linked to accounts..never..

Cards & Accounts get "hacked" more so now ... and they take their time
to notify you in most cases. Then emails that look legit people open.

-Rock

jonp
09-24-2021, 03:15 PM

Thanks for being as old as i am. That Sears or a Gulf Gas card

fatnhappy
09-24-2021, 03:46 PM
Fast food is another venue for card hacking... local Arby's got me twice, I calle thed manager and told him what was going on and he fired half the day crew who were in on it. They had little readers in their pockets that could read the stripe if it was swiped over the outside of the pocket... like they were cleaning the card off to try it again... college town and one of the guys had a super memory so he memorized all the 3 digit security codes...

They don't even bother memorizing it. The kid on the register will set up a camera above his work station and make sure he flips the card during a transaction. Film at 11.

1/2 the time management is in on the scam.

GL49
09-25-2021, 04:20 PM
I've got my banking/credit card transactions set so that I get an email alert every time there's a transaction over $100. Any transactions online that seem questionable, they'll freeze the card, no dollar amount minimum. Any transactions out of the area, I'll get an alert. If they're large charges, I'm asked to verify that it's me. "My card doesn't work? Hmmm, that's weird, I just used it last night, use this one instead". Sure enough, the credit union locked my card because of the online $135 charge from a new vendor, I needed to call to get my card usable again. (yes, I was purchasing reloading supplies[smilie=s:) All I can say is, thanks for watching. Not that I appreciate being watched, but thanks for monitoring the card for transactions that my not have been me.
I've had only one transaction from a card company, AMEX, that has been fraudulent. I said the charge wasn't mine, they said the card was swiped at a gas pump in Texas. "No, the card's in my back pocket, and I'm in Oregon". My account showed a credit immediately, I had a new card in two days. Thinking back, I got gas in Oregon at a station I don't normally use, the attendant swiped my card at the pump.
So far, using credit cards, I've never been stuck with anything out of pocket and have had only the one fraudulent charge in 50 years of using cards.
My debit card is only used to confirm my identity at a bank teller, I'll go inside rather than use it at an ATM. If I need cash after a bank closes, well.....I guess I haven't planned properly.
"You can use this outside at the ATM".
"Yes, I can, No, I won't"

Geezer in NH
09-25-2021, 04:44 PM
i like the idea of my computer being "hacked". i'll be going to Best Buy to have it "cleaned'

I would worry about best buy as #1 suspect.

David2011
09-28-2021, 12:56 PM
Twice in the past 20 years I’ve had a credit card number stolen. Once was at a convenience store in San Diego where the clerk, who refused to speak to me even once in all the times I bought gasoline there, shared the number with most likely several people. The store required leaving the credit card inside while pumping gas. All of the fraud occurred on the day of that gasoline purchase.

The other time was at a restaurant in New Orleans. The waiter was gone with my card for way too long. Season tickets to the Dallas Cowboys were purchased. They must have been good ones; $2500 15 years ago.

Land Owner
10-18-2022, 05:27 AM
My wife's credit card number was swiped in Florida, we don't know where, on 7/31/22. Two T-Mobile phones were purchased in Seattle, Washington the same day, a continent away from where we live. One would have hoped an active BoA Visa Fraud Security protocol should have set off some alarm. Nope. We've been fighting Bank of America (BoA) since.

Our claim of fraud, reported on the morning of 8/3/22, was rebutted by T-Mobile in the ensuing BoA review on 9/29/22. The T-Mobile "invoice" is so poorly prepared that a person with a single functioning brain cell can tell. The numbers don't match! The "math" doesn't work.

The not-listed, no information, 3-unit, and ONLY "sales" number listed on the T-Mobile invoice is the "Subtotal", which is a negative number.
Subtotal = (-)$2,729.97.

The Tax on the T-Mobile invoice is GREATER THAN the Subtotal.
Tax = $3,026.07.

The difference of $296.10, is the disputed fraud that BoA wants me to pay. No one in the BoA Fraud Protection Department has a single functioning brain cell - yet. Our Registered, Return Receipt, Letter delivered to BoA (even faxed) is there "In Review". I am not holding my breath.

If I have to go to court to solve this, I will seek my attorney's fee, USPO fees, fraud reversal, and a Jerk Around factor for lost time and effort doing what BoA Visa Fraud Security should have done in the first place.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

On a similar note, on 9/4/22, someone contacted Google Ads and "registered" my address with the "Business Profile" name "Tree Company Cocoa". I received a letter and solicitation from Google Ads to "further my business", purchase advertising, and receive a $500 gift card.

On 10/15/22, at my home, the Postman delivered a USPO Priority Mail returning to "Tree Company Cocoa" an "undeliverable" Cashier's Check to a person I do not know in Duluth, MN, in the amount of $2,650.00". That set off bells and whistles and a rush to inform the State of Florida Attorney General.

Before I could mail the letter to the FL AG yesterday, another "undeliverable" $2,650.00 Cashier's Check to a person I don't know in Baltimore, MD arrived by Click-N-Ship Priority 2-Day Mail to "Tree Company Cocoa". I called the Sherrif immediately, started a local fraud investigation, and will amend my letter to the FL AG today, while the phone call I placed to the AG yesterday is pending a return call to me. The FL AG is already working higher priority Hurricane Ian scams, inflated price gouging, looting, etc. IDK when they will get back to me, hopefully today.

The pair of Cashier's Checks in hand are poorly copied on plain paper, bank logos cut off and incomplete, no bank address, no bank contact information, not sure about the purported "Security Icon only visible in infrared light", most likely forged PDF signatures, and nothing in the Priority Mail envelopes other than the check. I am amazed at the brazen scam being perpetrated and I don't want it coming back on me.

Identity Theft and Credit Card scams are rampant...and it sucks.

JimB..
10-18-2022, 07:52 AM
My wife's credit card number was swiped in Florida, we don't know where, on 7/31/22. Two T-Mobile phones were purchased in Seattle, Washington the same day, a continent away from where we live. One would have hoped an active BoA Visa Fraud Security protocol should have set off some alarm. Nope. We've been fighting Bank of America (BoA) since.

Our claim of fraud, reported on the morning of 8/3/22, was rebutted by T-Mobile in the ensuing BoA review on 9/29/22. The T-Mobile "invoice" is so poorly prepared that a person with a single functioning brain cell can tell. The numbers don't match! The "math" doesn't work.

The not-listed, no information, 3-unit, and ONLY "sales" number listed on the T-Mobile invoice is the "Subtotal", which is a negative number.
Subtotal = (-)$2,729.97.

The Tax on the T-Mobile invoice is GREATER THAN the Subtotal.
Tax = $3,026.07.

The difference of $296.10, is the disputed fraud that BoA wants me to pay. No one in the BoA Fraud Protection Department has a single functioning brain cell - yet. Our Registered, Return Receipt, Letter delivered to BoA (even faxed) is there "In Review". I am not holding my breath.

If I have to go to court to solve this, I will seek my attorney's fee, USPO fees, fraud reversal, and a Jerk Around factor for lost time and effort doing what BoA Visa Fraud Security should have done in the first place.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

On a similar note, on 9/4/22, someone contacted Google Ads and "registered" my address with the "Business Profile" name "Tree Company Cocoa". I received a letter and solicitation from Google Ads to "further my business", purchase advertising, and receive a $500 gift card.

On 10/15/22, at my home, the Postman delivered a USPO Priority Mail returning to "Tree Company Cocoa" an "undeliverable" Cashier's Check to a person I do not know in Duluth, MN, in the amount of $2,650.00". That set off bells and whistles and a rush to inform the State of Florida Attorney General.

Before I could mail the letter to the FL AG yesterday, another "undeliverable" $2,650.00 Cashier's Check to a person I don't know in Baltimore, MD arrived by Click-N-Ship Priority 2-Day Mail to "Tree Company Cocoa". I called the Sherrif immediately, started a local fraud investigation, and will amend my letter to the FL AG today, while the phone call I placed to the AG yesterday is pending a return call to me. The FL AG is already working higher priority Hurricane Ian scams, inflated price gouging, looting, etc. IDK when they will get back to me, hopefully today.

The pair of Cashier's Checks in hand are poorly copied on plain paper, bank logos cut off and incomplete, no bank address, no bank contact information, not sure about the purported "Security Icon only visible in infrared light", most likely forged PDF signatures, and nothing in the Priority Mail envelopes other than the check. I am amazed at the brazen scam being perpetrated and I don't want it coming back on me.

Identity Theft and Credit Card scams are rampant...and it sucks.

It is extremely unlikely that T-Mo would produce an invoice with math that doesn’t work. They’ve spent millions on systems specifically to ensure that this doesn’t happen. Maybe a T-mo agent phone store? Maybe you have an incomplete pic of the invoice?

As for the other, your experience sounds familiar but I do not recall the game, there are so many. I suggest that you try to engage the US Postal Inspection Service. They are an underutilized but very capable organization in my experience.

10x
10-18-2022, 08:29 AM
Wait until they demand you use federal digital currency. There will be no protection or guards against credit loss.
There will be a block chain charge every time you use the card, and the feds who run the register of your money will tax every transaction. There will be no limits on the legal and criminal abuse.

JimB..
10-18-2022, 09:42 AM
Wait until they demand you use federal digital currency. There will be no protection or guards against credit loss.
There will be a block chain charge every time you use the card, and the feds who run the register of your money will tax every transaction. There will be no limits on the legal and criminal abuse.

This seems way off topic, but:
When do you think that will be?
Not true.
Probably, assuming #1 ever happens, there are always charges for processing transactions.
As it is today.
Not true.

snowwolfe
10-18-2022, 11:51 AM
Always wondered about the 3 digit code on the back. If you scratch off the code an employee can’t see it. This will prevent people from using your card online even if they have the number

BLAHUT
10-18-2022, 12:14 PM
I will not have a debit card that is attached to any of my accounts. At gas pump I always hit the clear button after I am finished. Have had card compromised a few times, high interest rate on card, Don't care, the card company has been good on security and I pay it all every month so the high rate means nothing for me, I use there money free for the month. When compromised, the card is changed, can be a pain to notify all that I have an ongoing credit line with, car, house insurance, ect..

Land Owner
10-19-2022, 04:34 AM
It is extremely unlikely that T-Mo would produce an invoice with math that doesn’t work. They’ve spent millions on systems specifically to ensure that this doesn’t happen. Maybe a T-mo agent phone store? Maybe you have an incomplete pic of the invoice?

As for the other, your experience sounds familiar but I do not recall the game, there are so many. I suggest that you try to engage the US Postal Inspection Service. They are an underutilized but very capable organization in my experience.

A.) T-Mobile presented their invoice as evidence. I shredded that evidence in my rebuttal as completely lacking in substance, and their math does not work. How many chances and changes in their story should I tolerate from T-Mobile and the Bank of America Credit Card Fraud Department? Once is certainly enough. These are HUGE Corporations.

B.) The FL AG returned my call yesterday morning and also recommended the Post Office. So, I immediately went to the USPO Fraud and Security web site, registered there, and took a copy of that registration and my evidence to the local Postmaster. He was tired and uninspiring (maybe up all night sorting mail - idk), although receptive, and took the evidence to forward internally. He said, "This is not new, and you would be surprised to know how much of this takes place."

Soundguy
10-19-2022, 10:20 AM
gotta watch gas station skimmers. I only use 1 card for gas because of this.

JimB..
10-19-2022, 03:31 PM
A.) T-Mobile presented their invoice as evidence. I shredded that evidence in my rebuttal as completely lacking in substance, and their math does not work. How many chances and changes in their story should I tolerate from T-Mobile and the Bank of America Credit Card Fraud Department? Once is certainly enough. These are HUGE Corporations.

B.) The FL AG returned my call yesterday morning and also recommended the Post Office. So, I immediately went to the USPO Fraud and Security web site, registered there, and took a copy of that registration and my evidence to the local Postmaster. He was tired and uninspiring (maybe up all night sorting mail - idk), although receptive, and took the evidence to forward internally. He said, "This is not new, and you would be surprised to know how much of this takes place."
Good luck!

Handloader109
10-19-2022, 03:52 PM
Maybe the Sam's app where you have to use your phone to scan the code on the pump is a better option than cc

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

gc45
10-19-2022, 08:23 PM
Had my cabela's card hack 3 times in 4 months so dropped Capital One for B of A card. So far so good.

jonp
10-22-2022, 12:45 PM
They don't even bother memorizing it. The kid on the register will set up a camera above his work station and make sure he flips the card during a transaction. Film at 11.

1/2 the time management is in on the scam.

My crypto credit card has nothing on the card except Mastercard. No numbers, security 3 digit, printed name or anything and when i use it i get an immediate text notifying me of the charge. My other 2 Credit Union cards can not be used out of state without my prior authorization and any unusual charges are denied and my card immediately locked then i get a call. My credit is also locked with agencies so any line of credit attempted is denied.

I ate lunch not far south of me not long ago and used a card. 1 month later the exact same charge was attempted. Denied and a call. Were you at ***** on this date? Nope, 500 miles from there and i have an elog on my truck to prove it. Wasnt keen on an Elog at first but it is admissable in court as evidence so establishes your whereabouts without question.

jonp
10-22-2022, 12:52 PM
Had my cabela's card hack 3 times in 4 months so dropped Capital One for B of A card. So far so good.

Fire the monster mega banks that are pushing ESG and SJ nonsense. Credit Unions or local community banks only.
Wife had her Cabelas hacked twice and cancelled.