PDA

View Full Version : Miha… Dead or Alive…. ?

cainttype
09-15-2021, 01:19 PM
Has anyone heard from Miha recently?
He hasn’t been here in months and his site almost resembles an abandoned house.

I hope he’s well, and love his products, but I’m curious if the business will continue or if we’ve lost my favorite Hollow Point options….

Anybody??

megasupermagnum
09-15-2021, 02:18 PM
I've heard of people getting his molds recently, so he is still around. His country is pretty much shut off due to covid. It's going to be years yet until things recover.

cainttype
09-15-2021, 03:29 PM
I’ve purchased from MP recently but it’s all pre-existing inventory, and most of that is gone.
His absence here and lack of response to emails is not typical. Miha is normally very quick to reply.
I’m hoping he’s well, and there is just a temporary pause in activity both here and at MP Molds.

ryanmattes
09-15-2021, 03:52 PM
I've heard from him fairly recently through email, so he's still alive.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

PhatForrest
09-15-2021, 07:52 PM
I got a .40 mold from him about ten days ago.

Hopefully can start some new production soon. I'm definitely down for a few more molds once they come back in stock.

cabinarms
09-15-2021, 08:59 PM
I did just recently get a 8 cavity mold from him. maybe 2 weeks ago.
but he did not respond to a question on making any Magma style molds yet.

StuBach
09-15-2021, 09:42 PM
Keep in mind also that all manufacturing globally is facing raw material shortages due to the shut downs last year. He may not be able to source the materials he needs (we already know he had an issue with getting pins earlier this year) so he may be the type that if he can’t answer a question he’ll just wait till he can. I have faith he will get back going as soon as he can.

Also, I’m not sure this is still the case but at one point in time this was his side hustle. It’s possible his day job is hectic and making this not have as much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minerat
09-15-2021, 09:50 PM
I ordered a 6 cavity 0.457 round ball last Thursday the 9th and got it Monday the 13th.

RickinTN
09-16-2021, 09:32 AM
I have a PM in to him and haven't heard a peep. I checked a few days ago and at that time it had been several days since he had been signed on here. I also hope things are well with him.
Rick

Buck Shot
09-16-2021, 09:36 PM
I emailed him a question about a mold he was selling a month or two ago and never heard a word back.

cwlongshot
09-17-2021, 06:49 AM
I too have an email into him about three weeks ago I have not heard back. But I did just buy a mold and it came in about five days so the company is still active I hope he's doing fine and there's no problems with his health. If I had to guess I would say just like all the other mold makers he is probably just super busy trying to produce his product. But I hope he has time to answer my email because it is a predecessor to additional purchases that I need information on before I can send him money. CW

MiHec
09-17-2021, 07:32 AM
We are working 120%. At the moment biggest problem are parts made on lathe.
If all goes to plan we will (finally) have our own cnc lathe at the end of October.

Ahhh.... another think is work force..... seeking for new employees as we speak, but seems that only FaceBook experts are on hand

Gamsek
09-17-2021, 07:39 AM
I had a telephone chat with Miha few days ago, visited his shop many times in the past.

He told me he isn’t able to answer all 100 emails per day, every day. Best thing is to have a look at his web shop page from time to time to see what he have. He updates his FB page with new products regularly as I see. This is how I got most on his moulds.

FLINTNFIRE
09-17-2021, 09:46 AM
There is your answer from the man himself , busy as he says makes less time to answer emails , am waiting the day when he has some more stock in and or some more designs , great molds and I have bought more then a few .

Minerat
09-17-2021, 10:10 AM
Mehi, we are glad to hear you are well, just busy. Thanks for the great 0.457 roundball mould it cast right on with pure lead.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-17-2021, 10:30 AM
I had a telephone chat with Miha few days ago, visited his shop many times in the past.

He told me he isn’t able to answer all 100 emails per day, every day. Best thing is to have a look at his web shop page from time to time to see what he have. He updates his FB page with new products regularly as I see. This is how I got most on his moulds.
That is great info, for all of us mold buyers.

farmbif
09-17-2021, 10:34 AM
I pray that Miha is still a healthy young vibrant man, he has added so much to this world of ours and to my hobby of cast bullet shooting.

cwlongshot
09-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Good if your one who does social media...

All I have a email to contact him!! Hope he can work his way to my email!!

I NEED PARTS MOT SHOWN ON SITE!!!

StuBach
09-17-2021, 10:56 PM
If all goes to plan we will (finally) have our own cnc lathe at the end of October.

Ahhh.... another think is work force..... seeking for new employees as we speak, but seems that only FaceBook experts are on hand

Hazah!

Glad to hear from you my friend. I just want to take the opportunity to say thank you for all you do for us. Owning a business in today’s world sucks and many customers are ungrateful or have no understanding of the circumstances you find yourself in (staffing shortages, material shortages, shipping partner issues, etc.) So, I think I’m good in saying on behalf of those of us here, thank you for persevering and continuing to support this great community.

DBN
09-18-2021, 09:42 AM
Hazah!

Glad to hear from you my friend. I just want to take the opportunity to say thank you for all you do for us. Owning a business in today’s world sucks and many customers are ungrateful or have no understanding of the circumstances you find yourself in (staffing shortages, material shortages, shipping partner issues, etc.) So, I think I’m good in saying on behalf of those of us here, thank you for persevering and continuing to support this great community.

Amen!!

JAC43
09-18-2021, 12:57 PM

What parts from your solid molds are lathe turned? Lots of your 45 solid molds have been out of stock for months. I really want one of those 454-308 4 cavity molds.

cainttype
09-19-2021, 12:22 PM

Outstanding!
I’m happy to hear you’re well.
Looking forward to requesting your 35-200 being offered in a .356” range for the 350 Legend option.
Thanks for the reply.

Onty
09-19-2021, 02:36 PM
What parts from your solid molds are lathe turned? Lots of your 45 solid molds have been out of stock for months. I really want one of those 454-308 4 cavity molds.

All pins used on molds; locating pins, HP and HB pins, guide pins for them.

Yeah, as Miha said, we have plenty of Facebook (and Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc) "experts" lately. Hard to get folks who know haw to run machine tools.

A friend (now retired), just north of Toronto, was about 15 years ago somewhere in California, visited one quite large, modern machine shop. He had chat with owner, mentioned to him that he is CNC machine operator. Owner shown just bit interest in what he is doing. When friend mentioned that he is also skilled on conventional lathes, mills, etc, owner jumped like kangaroo. He offered to friend a top salary, Green Card in shortest possible time, moving expenses, you name it. Friend turned him down, he was close to retirement, and allready settled.