PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Selling My 32H&R Baby Vaqs. Should I Fix Them?

jonp
09-14-2021, 04:50 PM
I bought a pair of Ruger case colored baby vaqs a few years ago from a guy that had modified them for Cowboy Action. They shoot on the half cock for quick draw. Good job and i tested them with a deadblow hammer.

Should i return them to factory before selling or leave as is with a complete description of the work done

Nueces
09-14-2021, 05:19 PM
If what you describe is the installation of a short action conversion, then I would offer them as is, with disclosure. I spent a good bit of coin to have my Rugers so modified for CAS competition.

shooting on a shoestring
09-14-2021, 05:37 PM
Theres probably a lot of CAS folks in the pool of people who would be interested in buying the pair. The short stroke setup would be a selling point. I’d leave them as is.

Don’t be bashful about pricing them. The OBidenflation coupled with the covid crazy has used gun prices much higher than you might expect.

DougGuy
09-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Oh Jon needs to sell them to afford a few cans of rods for his new welding machine. Yeah prices on welding rods has gone through the roof and to the MOON as well! :kidding:

dverna
09-14-2021, 08:51 PM
If you are a member of SASS, sell them on the forum. Those guns fit a niche for CAS,

jonp
09-15-2021, 03:51 AM
Oh Jon needs to sell them to afford a few cans of rods for his new welding machine. Yeah prices on welding rods has gone through the roof and to the MOON as well! :kidding:

Your a funny man, doug. [smilie=s:

warren5421
09-16-2021, 01:33 PM
The guns over on the SASS clasifides should bring $1800-$2500 depending on who did the work on them.