PDA

View Full Version : can anyone run quickload for some 480 loads?

stef76
09-13-2021, 07:11 AM
can anyone assist with some hypothetical data on lighter cast bullets 300-350 grains(any bullet type) with unique, win-231 and Universal to about 900fps from 4-5 inch barrel. Wondering about charge weights and pressures.

DougGuy
09-13-2021, 08:24 AM
If you can't find data for Unique with that boolit, it is usually because it is not recommended or it is unsafe. All of those are likely to be too fast for that much boolit weight but hey I could be wrong, JS...

black mamba
09-13-2021, 09:00 AM
For the Lee 476-325 bullet, roughly 9½ to 10 grains with any of the three powders. Start low and seat the bullet as deeply as possible to limit the powder space under the bullet.

stef76
09-13-2021, 10:21 AM
If you can't find data for Unique with that boolit, it is usually because it is not recommended or it is unsafe. All of those are likely to be too fast for that much boolit weight but hey I could be wrong, JS...

All work with that bullet weight, as does red dot, tightgroup and others. Reason I asked is Im curious as to pressure differences between the three I have.

JAC43
09-13-2021, 10:43 AM
You don't need QL to know 231 is somewhat faster than Unique or Universal, and will come up to higher peak pressure for a set velocity compared with those two powders. Case fill rate is slightly lower as well. Hardly a dang bit of difference between Unique and Universal, but probably Unique will match Universal for velocity at a lower peak pressure, but we're only talking a narrow range here. Charge weights for all three are probably really similar.