PDA

View Full Version : kik black powder

milltownhunter
01-10-2009, 06:59 PM
has anybody used kik black powder?

Nobade
01-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Sure! I burn lots of it in muzzleloader rifles, Ruger Old Army, and metallic pistol cartridges. It gives a little more velocity than Goex, costs less, and fouls about the same. Good stuff. The only thing I haven't shot it in much is my 45-70 BPCR, that still gets Swiss. Get it from Powder Inc, it's pretty cheap in 25lb. boxes.

Jbar4Ranch
01-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah. It's all I've used for the past two years in my CAS guns. I can't tell it from Goex. I think my last lot was something like $9.80/pound, delivered, from powderinc.com. It's currently $10.40 for FFF and $10.65 for FF in 25+ pound lots.

John Boy
01-10-2009, 11:07 PM
No, but you might want to read this article ... http://www.norwestcompany.com/comparison.htm

Kudu
01-11-2009, 01:24 AM
I have used KIK powder in a .40-65 in a limited amount, I was favorably impressed with the accuracy and small amount of fouling left in the bore. It certainly is going to get more testing by me, I think it could be a very good powder. I didn't get a chance to compare it for speed yet but it seemed to be a good powerful load. I don't do any match shooting, load mostly for hunting so mostly look for good accuracy and speed out of a powder rather than absolute smallest groups. It is surely worth buying a pound and trying if for yourself.
As a bonus the price is very good.
Rich