PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCP Max ???

Mk42gunner
09-09-2021, 10:09 PM
Anybody tried one? I have seen a bunch of reviews on youtube, with nary a bad thing to say.

I like the LCP II that I have; it is easy to conceal and is easy to shoot. Although the small size of a .380 isn't very comforting when danger lurks closely, it is better than a big stick.

To my mind, the best advantage over the LCP II isn't the increased capacity, it is the better sights.

Robert

Lefty Red
09-09-2021, 10:25 PM
I have had one for about three weeks, carried in an Alabama Pocket Holster for the LCPII. I put about 200 rounds through it in three different range trips and had no malfunctions. It’s light and reliable.

But I just traded it! LOL it’s just too small for me. And I do not have s giant hands. I shoot my j frame better and my G42. More bullets don’t do a thing for you if you can’t hit what you are shooting at.

I know others that are really good with it, but it just jumps around in my hand too much.

Lefty

FergusonTO35
09-10-2021, 01:35 PM
We have had a few of them under the glass at my side job shop. Neat little gun with real sights, I still think this design needs a manual safety like the .22 version has. I'll stick with my Kimber Micro.

Mk42gunner
09-10-2021, 06:24 PM
I won't argue about needing an additional safety, the trigger dingus barely qualifies as an automatic safety to me.

Personally, I think the LCP II and probably the Max is right at the top of the size for a real "pocket carried" pistol, in a holster of course.

Truthfully, I would be happy with real sights on the LCP II. That tritium dot on the new version has a lot of appeal to me for those late night varmint on the porch encounters.

Robert