PDA

View Full Version : Another passing of someone

contender1
09-08-2021, 10:37 PM
Someone passed away yesterday. She was not known by many, yet, she was married to a well known person.
She was a silent, yet strong force in his life. She was there for 56 years. She took care of him, she supported him, yet never took the limelight, nor wanted it. She was known by those of us who knew them, as his best friend, and strongest supporter, and protector.
She gave him a child,, yet they lost that son a few years ago.

I knew her, and her famous husband. My Dad was his first manager.

So, today, I shed tears for his loss, and pray for his comfort.

Ronnie Milsap's wife Joyce passed away yesterday.

RIP Joyce Milsap.

Mods; I put this here to share with members who may not check the other sections, and since the Milsaps aren't members here. I hope it's not inappropriate.

coloraydo
09-09-2021, 12:44 AM
R.I.P., Joyce. Condolences to the family.

MrWolf
09-09-2021, 09:04 AM
Sorry to hear. Prayers sent. R.I.P.

Sig556r
09-09-2021, 11:15 AM
May she rest well...

farmbif
09-09-2021, 11:37 AM
may she live in the house of the lord forever.
if your dad was the late great Jack D Johnson he's right there with her

Murphy
09-09-2021, 11:41 AM
Prayers for the Milsap family. I have always enjoyed his music and he's a class act. A sad loss.

Murphy

Idaho45guy
09-09-2021, 11:54 AM
I always got Charlie Pride and Ronnie Milsap confused. When I was around 7 or 8, I would spend my weekends at my grandparent's retirement cabin in the Idaho woods. They would listen to country music albums and grandma always would point out that one was blind and one was black when she put on a Charlie Pride or Ronnie Milsap record.

Pretty sure they were one of the founders of the White Guilt movement...

Anyway, I like both of their music and my first thought on hearing Ronnie Milsap's name was that he was a famous country singer from the 70's. I had to Google his name to realize that he was blind.

This was probably my favorite song of his...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj6_CpSGPoE

Finster101
09-09-2021, 07:19 PM
My mom and dad liked him a lot and saw him in concert at least once. I like most of his music. I am sorry for his loss. Losing a loved one is never easy.

richhodg66
09-09-2021, 07:38 PM
I read this a couple of days ago. It seems they lost a son who was relatively young a few years ago too.

They have always sounded like classy people, and had a good, long term marriage. Sorry to hear this, I hope it doesn't destroy his will to make good music.

contender1
09-09-2021, 09:03 PM
Many thanks for the kind thoughts & prayers for Ronnie. Joyce was buried quietly yesterday, in a small family service.

No, my Dad wasn't Jack Johnson. My Dad met Ronnie when he was young & trying to break into the music industry. Joyce was already with him.

The post about Ronnie & Charlie was fun. Charlie had made it & was a headliner. Ronnie was up & coming, and was an opening act for Charlie for a few tours. If you get a copy of "Ronnie Milsap Live" his version of "Kawaligia" (spelling,, sorry) puts both Charlie & Hank to shame. But Ronnie & Charlie were friends.

But most don't know how much Joyce was behind Ronnie & his success. Yet, she didn't want the limelight. But she was a solid "rock" for Ronnie,, and he even called her his "Sapphire."
Their son Todd died a few years ago due to heart issues,,, at a young age of 49. But Ronnie & Joyce have wonderful grandchildren.

For those of us fortunate to know Joyce,, we saw how much she loved him, and he truly loved her. In his public statement about her death, he says; "If you hear my songs, know they were all about her."
That's why you can feel his heart in his songs.

So I again, thank all who have wished Ronnie the best & added him to their prayers. For my small part,,, I smile knowing how much Ronnie loved her, and how good she was. Heaven has another angel.

lightman
09-10-2021, 10:24 AM
RIP Ms Joyce!