PDA

View Full Version : looking for some match ideas (BPCR)

catkiller45
01-10-2009, 02:25 PM
We have a 300 yard range here in N.E PA and I am thinking of starting some type of BPCR match there..My thought is to have all targets (swingers) if possible...Maybe all small size chicken targets.Have it on the honor system,Two man teams so one can do the spotting to tell the shooter if he is hitting it..But then again he should be able to see it....All shooting off sticks either setting or prone...:killingpc Any other ideas....I need something that might possibly draw in the shooters...Thanks...

SharpsShooter
01-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I like shooting at clay birds set on the target berms. There is usually no doubt if hit and at 300yds it is a serious challenge. Balloons are a good cheap target also and if there is a breeze, they are fun to work at as well.

SS

bart55
01-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I am also in nepa ,where do you shoot? . we shoot all different stuff at our club (Scranton NRA rifle and pistol club) WE just do not have enough interest in our club for the BPCR but I know that a few members would llike to do it.especially me .

catkiller45
01-10-2009, 08:58 PM
We are in Towanda route 6 east....about 65 miles or so from scranton...keep in touch and I will let you know if we are going to have it.the biggest problem is getting enough help for them....John

catkiller45
01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
SHARPSHOOTER----I like that idea of the ballons....Thanks for sharing it...We used to shoot at steel pigs at 300 yards..There did not seem to be too much interest in it though....

Boz330
01-12-2009, 12:08 PM
The one club I shoot at we do swingers. Pigs at 300yds, and rams at 600yds. 2 man teams as you suggested and we repaint between relays. It is good practice for the real silly wet matches. We can't get much enthusiasm for the offhand chickens though. Most of the guys are old and don't want to try and hold up those cannons that they use across the sticks. Chickens at 300 would be a challenge even over sticks. We've gotten to the point where there are more scoped rifles than non. Not seeing the targets can only be fun for a limited amount of time. I finally sucumbed last year. BTW shot my best personal score with it yesterday while it was snowing.

Bob

TSK
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
We have fun with this, but I'm not sure how you'd design it with swingers.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/TSK1953/Theherds.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/TSK1953/Buffaloherds-1.jpg

There are two herds of 25 buffalo each. One herd is spread out over ~200-275 yards. The other herd is spread out over ~250-375 yards. Each shooter gets 10 minutes and 25 rounds at each herd. Buffalo are about 22" long by 17" tall and weigh around 25 pounds. They must be knocked over to count as a "kill". All shot off cross sticks. No better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

SharpsShooter
01-12-2009, 06:40 PM
TSK,

That looks like a blast! Pardon the pun. That would be lotsa fun.

SS

catkiller45
01-12-2009, 07:34 PM
All excellent ideas...Maybe with the lower fuel prices,more shooters will show up...Thanks for sharing your ideas with me.I will bring them up at our next meeting.....John[smilie=w:[smilie=w: